I have problem with my Private Pilot Certificate

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
See thumbnail.

Attachments

• PPL.JPG
    PPL.JPG
    427.1 KB · Views: 468
Congrats on the new Rating. Welcome to the League of Temporary Airmen.

Congrats!

And mine is "holy" too at the moment. :)

Thanks all. Write up will be along this week.

And for those in the DFW area, I can definitely recommend this examiner not only for IFR, but the other ratings.

Thanks all. Write up will be along this week.

And for those in the DFW area, I can definitely recommend this examiner not only for IFR, but the other ratings.

Dale's the man!

And you too sir. Congratulations!

Congrats. Now go get it wet.

Great IFR weather here. 1000 foot ceilings, minimal wind, 8000 foot freezing level, at least 3 layers below that. Too bad I'm sick today or you can bet I'd be out in it.

Congrats, Mike!

FYI, you might consider blurring out some more of the information on that pic. A lot of identity theft ammunition there. :)

Congrats! I didn't realize they punch your old cert.

I went to the FSDO to turn in my paperwork for a CFI renewal. The inspector, who I know to be a bit of a joker, told me that the FAA wants them to punch a hole in the old certificate. He said "watch me" then pulled out a stapler and stapled the certificate to the documents. :D

They don't always. My old certificate is still intact. Though of course it's not valid because it has been superseded.

I don't understand why these physical certificates even exist when there is an authoritative airman database.

Congratulations!

I hope I can persuade whomever to not punch a hole in the old certificate. I'm a little sentimental and would like it to stay intact.

Congratulations!

I hope I can persuade whomever to not punch a hole in the old certificate. I'm a little sentimental and would like it to stay intact.

My PPL wasn't punched when I added Instruments to it. Probably depends on the DE and/or the FSDO. Nothing like uniformity! :wink2:

Congrats, Mike!

FYI, you might consider blurring out some more of the information on that pic. A lot of identity theft ammunition there. :)

I have all the SSNs of every CFI I ever flew with back in the day, in my logbook.

Some are making a lot of money at airlines these days. Hahahah.

Wasn't one of FAA's most brilliant ideas ever, using those.

Vacation is coming up. I'll put it on the Underhill's bill.

Congrats, Mike. I am certain you'll be a very thorough and safe cloud-buster.

No hole punched in my card either, BTW. Must be a Texas thing. Heh.

As I mentioned above, I too am the proud owner of a holy certificate.
Since all I have to show for the new certificate is a printout I made myself at home (there was no printer for the DPE to use at the airport so he emailed the IACRA form to me), I consider that hole physical proof of my efforts and accomplishment. I think it's very cool, actually. :)

Id find that little home piece and glue it back in even nobody is looking

Congratulations!
Wait, how does everybody know it was IR that was added? I don't see the temp posted.

When was your ride? I was the one sweating and congesting the airspace at 11am yesterday. And got my license punched too. :D

Again, congratulations. If it was IR, it's not the easiest rating to get. :thumbsup:

Congratulations!
Wait, how does everybody know it was IR that was added? I don't see the temp posted.

When was your ride? I was the one sweating and congesting the airspace at 11am yesterday. And got my license punched too. :D

Again, congratulations. If it was IR, it's not the easiest rating to get. :thumbsup:

Well, how do you know anything was added?

From the information posted, it could have been an emergency revocation. :D

I just received my new license in the mail last week after staring at the temp airman and "holy" PPL for a month..grats on moving up in the world!

Congratulations!

They used to CONFISCATE it. Now they punch it. You are not allowed to keep it intact.

If you want to keep your original license for sentimental reasons, send your $2 to the FAA and claim you lost it or change the address or add the ENGLISH PROFICIENT limitation or whatever. Then let them punch your replacement.

When I got my instrument rating the examiner commented he was sorry that he would have to take the certificate (which I believe was still an old style paper one). I pointed out that I was not attached to it. My original certificate from 1982 was still clipped inside my first log book.

Last edited:
They used to CONFISCATE it. Now they punch it. You are not allowed to keep it intact.
I don't think I have any of my old certificates...

I know they punch your old passport, though.

I don't think I have any of my old certificates...

I know they punch your old passport, though.

Yep, they require you to submit your old passport (even if expired) now with your new application. Amusingly I got my new passport, my passport card, and my old passport sent to me in three different envelopes on successive days.

Back