I have problem with my Private Pilot Certificate

Congratulations!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Yep, they require you to submit your old passport (even if expired) now with your new application. Amusingly I got my new passport, my passport card, and my old passport sent to me in three different envelopes on successive days.

Same here...:yesnod: I guess they are doing their part to support the Postal System...:dunno:

Last edited:
Congratulations!
Wait, how does everybody know it was IR that was added? I don't see the temp posted.

When was your ride? I was the one sweating and congesting the airspace at 11am yesterday. And got my license punched too. :D

Again, congratulations. If it was IR, it's not the easiest rating to get. :thumbsup:

Ride was Sunday AM. Oral was about 2 hours, then a short break. Flight was 0.9 on the tach.

Stayed pretty close to the airport. Depart RWY36, short jog to east to do air work and unusual attitude recovery. Vectors to the ILS18, shoot approach to circle mins and tower circling us to west side. Climb to 2100 direct NULUX, hold south at NULUX, LH turns and shoot RNAV36 crossing NULUX to LPV min. Missed approach straight out climbing to 2100 to PINCK. Vectored back to the localizer for the Localizer18, circle mins. Tower has us circle east, landed, got my hand shook and "congrats you passed".

And Bryan, you were spot on that Dale has lots of wisdom to share and what he gave me was awesome stuff and will be very useful for a long time to come. I came out of the experience knowing and thinking about some key items that were either not taught, or weren't emphasized as much as they should have been.

Next up... Transition training into 149G (our Bonanza)

Oh and Lou... Now that we're both rated, we lost some of our excuses to not link up someday for a PnP or good eats mission.

And Bryan, you were spot on that Dale has lots of wisdom to share and what he gave me was awesome stuff and will be very useful for a long time to come.

HAHA! cool.
Both my ride and a friends were similar in that he started playing the grumpy DPE role and 1/2 way through, switched in to friendly mode and started teaching.

Good Guy.

Now fly me through a cloud!

Ride was Sunday AM. Oral was about 2 hours, then a short break. Flight was 0.9 on the tach.

Stayed pretty close to the airport. Depart RWY36, short jog to east to do air work and unusual attitude recovery. Vectors to the ILS18, shoot approach to circle mins and tower circling us to west side. Climb to 2100 direct NULUX, hold south at NULUX, LH turns and shoot RNAV36 crossing NULUX to LPV min. Missed approach straight out climbing to 2100 to PINCK. Vectored back to the localizer for the Localizer18, circle mins. Tower has us circle east, landed, got my hand shook and "congrats you passed".

And Bryan, you were spot on that Dale has lots of wisdom to share and what he gave me was awesome stuff and will be very useful for a long time to come. I came out of the experience knowing and thinking about some key items that were either not taught, or weren't emphasized as much as they should have been.

Next up... Transition training into 149G (our Bonanza)

Way to go, Mike! Congrats!

All that in 0.9? Oh wait, on the tach, nm. I pulled 1.7 on the Hobbs. Same 3 approaches, holding and UAR. I think 1.4 on the tach (we were well below cruising power most of the time)

Oh and Lou... Now that we're both rated, we lost some of our excuses to not link up someday for a PnP or good eats mission.

Absolutely true. Well, I could still make an excuse now but it won't sound "it's cloudy today", it will probably say "it's icy today". :)

A friend of mine sent me a meme after I told him how very turbulent my Sunday ride was. It was the famous dog piloting a Baron and it said "Heard your checkride was .... rrrrrufff". :lol:

All that in 0.9? Oh wait, on the tach, nm. I pulled 1.7 on the Hobbs. Same 3 approaches, holding and UAR. I think 1.4 on the tach (we were well below cruising power most of the time)

Same here. We had worked out that 17"/2250 RPM gave us 110 MPH, which provided a nice stable platform for level flight. And then just a slight reduction to get to 100 MPH for the approaches. And we were never above 2500MSL

Usually I like to cruise in the 6-8000MSL range, and power set per the performance tables.

Examiner gave me credit for keeping up with the fast and furious. It was some of the busiest flying I've ever experienced.

Last edited:
Examiner gave me credit for keeping up with the fast and furious. It was some of the busiest flying I've ever experienced.

On my instrument check ride, I did the ILS at San Jose. With a DC-10 on my six. "Skyhawk 123XY, cleared for the ILS 30L, best forward speed."

Great job Mike, way to go!!!!!! how long does it take for them to get the new license out to you ?

Great job Mike, way to go!!!!!! how long does it take for them to get the new license out to you ?

Hopefully less than 120 days. But if we get to 90 with no show, then off to the FizzDoh I go.

Dale the examiner said to expect 4-6 weeks.

Hopefully less than 120 days. But if we get to 90 with no show, then off to the FizzDoh I go.

Dale the examiner said to expect 4-6 weeks.

As another proud member of the Holy Brigade, I religiously follow the first item on this page.

Congrats man! That's awesome.

As another proud member of the Holy Brigade, I religiously follow the first item on this page.

News & Highlights
  • We are currently processing permanent Airmen Certificates for temporary certificates that were issued approximately November 14, 2015.

Sooooo. 7 weeks?

After that we kick you out of the league of temporary airmen.

I don't refresh that page every 5 seconds ... not now that I already have a PPL. :) But I do check it every week or so to see how their work progresses.

So maybe after another month or so, I will be kicked out of the League or Extraordinary Temporary Gentlemen. :( :D

I don't refresh that page every 5 seconds ... not now that I already have a PPL. :) But I do check it every week or so to see how their work progresses.

So maybe after another month or so, I will be kicked out of the League or Extraordinary Temporary Gentlemen. :( :D

As long as I get mine before the Spring Flood (or Fires in Lou's case), I'll be happy.

I don't need mine asap but you might get a good use out of it if there's another cold front and you need to scrape front off your windshield. I know I did. :D

I don't need mine asap but you might get a good use out of it if there's another cold front and you need to scrape front off your windshield. I know I did. :D

Actually the one with the hole is more practical for that, because you can thread a lanyard through it to keep it handy. :)

I've been booted from the League of Temporary Airmen. The new plastic today with Instrument Airplane on it arrived today. Just a tad over 6 weeks from the checkride.

Lou, did you get yours yet?

I've been booted from the League of Temporary Airmen. The new plastic today with Instrument Airplane on it arrived today. Just a tad over 6 weeks from the checkride.

Lou, did you get yours yet?

Negative.
Though now the FAA webpage says that they are processing temporary certs from around Jan 15th and since I got mine before that, I assume I should be watching out for an FAA envelope in the mail soon. :)

Congratulations on getting booted. :D

Back