I had cole slaw today...

Clark1961

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Display name:
...with a pulled pork sandwich at the Blue Sky Bistro at BJC. Pretty tasty for a late lunch. I just happened to be driving by about 1:30 with a rumbling stomach.

Sat outside to eat. It was a bit warm but folks were flying. Lots of activity, mostly 172's but also a couple Cherokees. Also something that might have been an IAR, it had warbird paint and that distinctive vertical fin. Loud sucker too. The jet running it's APU got a little old after awhile...

Is it cole slaw or coleslaw?

We threw a lunch for the welders who have been fabricating the spool pieces that we are going to start installing next week. We bought a local hog, one of the guys (from Louisiana) butchered it and smoked it. We catered in everything else. It was awesome!

There was coleslaw...

So yesterday right, I had Indian food in Berkeley at a cafeteria style place. I so wanted them to have cole slaw. They so didn't.

Guess what I had for dinner...

porkandslaw.png

It was as good as it looks.

http://www.firehousesubs.com/our-food/hot-specialty-subs/kings-hawaiian-pork-slaw-sandwich/

I ordered 10 online, waiting on the email delivery. :D

Yea...I had that firehouse Hawaiian pork and slaw......crack cocaine I tell you.

Ah, man, now you guys have me craving coleslaw on a good pork sandwich...sigh...

Think I didn't. Like fish & chips, except it's fish & cole slaw.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2530.JPG
    IMG_2530.JPG
    199.3 KB · Views: 57
It's there, you just don't see it in the photo.

The cole slaw at the local mom and pop was EXCELLENT today!

This Just In:

The Cole Slaw at a fried chicken dive, in Groveland, Florida had onions in it, tonight.

Won't somebody think of the children?

I don't think there is any cole slaw in this entire country.

Sad afternoon here. Bought the cabbage last night. Went to make some around lunch and found mayo expired. Was gonna just substitute Miracle Whip...expired too. Sadness.

Sad afternoon here. Bought the cabbage last night. Went to make some around lunch and found mayo expired. Was gonna just substitute Miracle Whip...expired too. Sadness.

Funny thing about Miracle Whip. I've never really noticed the difference between that and real mayo on sandwiches and burgers, but I tried a recipe that called for melted mayo as a binder for spices for prime rib, tried nuking it, and no joy. It refused to liquefy.

That and I didn't know it actually had an expiration date.

So I must ask. What is the deal on POA with cole slaw? I’ve seen it interjected in a few threads.

I don't think there is any cole slaw in this entire country.
Vietnam, right? Apparently it's your destiny to introduce it. Heck, you could even call it "Sac Slaw" and the name might stick over there. They already adopted a bunch of French stuff so why not Sac stuff?

Vietnam, right? Apparently it's your destiny to introduce it. Heck, you could even call it "Sac Slaw" and the name might stick over there. They already adopted a bunch of French stuff so why not Sac stuff?

Certainly, they have done that. Here's the confounding thing. They -do- have KFC here. Kentucky Fried Chicken. Ga Ran. Ga Chien. Ga Chein is the Vietnamese name for fried chicken. Ga Chein does NOT mean chicken doctor. You might think it does but it does not. Now I have never been to a KFC here but there used to be one by the corner of um... don't ask me the name of the streets. Nguyen Van Linh street is the main street but every city in Vietnam has a Nguyen Van Linh street. Just like every city in the US has a Martin Luther King street. If you do not know who Nguyen Van Linh is you can read about him here.

But, back to cole slaw. KFC. There are two KFC's here. One is Korean Fried Chicken. The Koreans like their chicken. There are Koreans here. Lots of them. They are major building contractors. And then there is the Colonel. Okay so... in this country, they have chickens (check) and they have cabbage (check) but, there are two other essential ingredients in cole slaw. There is vinegar. I do not know that they have vinegar. And there is mayonnaise. I think that they have mayonnaise because they have Burger King here now. But they do not put mayonnaise on a Whopper so maybe they don't. I don't know, do they? Someone Google mayo on a Whopper for me. Whopper some fine dam faire. I like me mayo. Okay, I think Whopper have mayo on it. I may have to walk to the local BK to try a Whopper and report back.

So I guess before I get all uptight and get black lacy things wadded up in places where they could get wadded up, maybe I should seek out said KFC and see in fact if they have cole slaw. I am not doing this today or tonight. I have a bad ailment affecting my knee and cannot make the walk and I'm too cheap to take a cab to a place where I should be able to walk. Maybe if I can borrow the motorbike tomorrow and for the next two weeks I will venture to KFC and give a pirep on the possibility of cole slaw existing in Vietnam.

A note on the time stamp: It is currently 12:43 a.m. in California. It is currently 3:43 p.m. here. That does not mean that I am not trashed. I have been drinking since noon local time here. But nevermind that. It's almost time to start again.

So I must ask. What is the deal on POA with cole slaw? I’ve seen it interjected in a few threads.

Like everything else on POA, there was a great debate on the topic attracting many comments both pro and con. Just like other topics such as high wing / low wing, nosewheel / tailwheel, AOA devices, strobes on/off, traffic pattern entry, etc. If it gets debated enough, it just becomes “a thing”.

My wife of 51 years makes a great Coleslaw, combined with her sweet beans, and a roast off the grill is a great meal .

Last edited:
Back