Votes: 14 8.6%
  • 201-250

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • 251-300

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • More than 300

Votes: 27 16.7%

• Total voters
270.2 total, 235.8 complex HP, 267.7 TAA, 70.3 Night..

Somewhere north of 800. I'm way behind on my paper logbook and not looking forward to catching it up.

Sadly, only 26.5 hours. 19.1 in my Sky Arrow, 7.4 giving instruction in other's planes.

And there's no excuse. We own our own plane and live on a freakin' airport. Zero maintenance downtime beyond a week or so for the Annual Condition Inspection - due again already! Karen and I are constantly saying, "We need to fly more!". But last year just occasional pancake breakfasts and local sightseeing. We haven't been on a long cross-country in ages.

Hopefully 2024 will get us in the air more.

Sadly, only 26.5 hours. 19.1 in my Sky Arrow, 7.4 giving instruction in other's planes.

And there's no excuse. We own our own plane and live on a freakin' airport. Zero maintenance downtime beyond a week or so for the Annual Condition Inspection - due again already! Karen and I are constantly saying, "We need to fly more!". But last year just occasional pancake breakfasts and local sightseeing. We haven't been on a long cross-country in ages.

Hopefully 2024 will get us in the air more.
Sometimes life just happens. I have no idea what happened to 2023, either. Not just flying, but everything seems to have passed me by in the past 12 months.

166.5. About half of last year.

I think I'm losing interest in aviation again. I find my eye casting about at other, newer hobbies, and I identify as boat-curious now.

Obnoxiously, my means is also up, so I am ALSO looking around at certain little turbine planes with interest. It's a real Jekyll and Hyde situation in my skull right now.

My CFI renewal is next month, so 16 hours of Traffic School is certain to make me love the FAA more than I do currently. :mad2:
I think this would solve the boat, flying, and turbine dilemma.

images (1).jpeg

82.3 with the plane in a shop for the first 10 weeks, sigh.
More trips planned this year, maybe the comm. Hopefully the annual is a little less time consuming and spendy.

Around 650. Started my first flying job as a CFI this year.
Congratulation!

Do you mind if I ask what part of the country? I ask because I wonder how many possible days of flight you might expect all things going as planned.

All these high numbers...and I thought I was doing well being just shy of 40.

38.8, but my plane was in the repair shop Jan - Jun, so really only half the year. 2024 resolution - Fly More!

My GA hours are 269; 179 in my RV-8, plus 90 in various CAF ships(C-47, B-25, SB2C, T-6, BE-18).
Then there's B737 time... maybe 700-ish.
2023 grand total probably around 950.

However, that included my initial PPL certification. With a total time of 93.9 over the course of 22 years (4 flying years) this has by far been my most active year.

Same number as every year since 2012...

I was hoping to be in the 100 club this year but didn’t make it. 81.6 for me.
I can relate. I was one weekend away from the century mark but things got busy and decided to airline it instead. :(

95. Included two longish cross-country trips for work and a couple for pleasure. Otherwise mostly local flights.

So...... how many hours a year before one finally says "Yeah, I'm buying a plane" ?

So...... how many hours a year before one finally says "Yeah, I'm buying a plane" ?
I would think it's more a case of how sick and tired of the rental before one finally says...

Reactions: WDD
I just found out ForeFlight has this neat recap feature now (plan.foreflight.com/recap)

IMG_1089.jpeg

Which plan is required for this recap? How do you navigate to it? TIA!
plan.foreflight.com/recap

I’m not sure if it’s plan specific. I have the middle tier FF plan.

IMG_8205.png

+commercial multi land & commercial single sea

I received an email today from foreflight to check out my 2023 flying recap.

I’m ultra proud of mine since it has Alaska on it, although I cannot believe I didn’t make it to NYC and Florida last year (went the year before). It was on the agenda to go to Miami when down in New Orleans but some last minute changes so didn’t get the chance to.

Last edited:
View attachment 123942

View attachment 123943

...that's a really cool foreflight feature!
I'm going to tag @EricBe here so he can do one of two very predictable things. Thing 1: Tell us that MyFlightBook already has this and I just didn't look in the right place. Thing 2: Sigh at my numerous feature requests but open a ticket for himself to add it, then probably roll it out later this week. (Or I could just download the spreadsheet backup of my logbook and write a quick-and-dirty script to turn it into a Google Maps overlay or gcmap.com URL.)

I can’t figure out how to load my track logs to get a recap.
I don't think it requires loading track logs as it seems to be point to point based on airports reported on routes in the logbook.

edit- @Gary Ward Log in to ForeFlight web and in the top left corner you should see a tab for 2023 Recap. I delete most of my track logs and I still have a recap.

My lightest year in quite a while… usually I’m around 120-150 hours
ForeFlight Recap.png

Back