Hobbies that compete with our flying obsessions...

Yeah, I off-road a little.

uzy3a7ur.jpg
That Jeep looks familiar, somehow...

Many would consider it banal, but I've really enjoyed collecting manned NASA materials for many years.

astro-badges-690.jpg

library.jpg

multi-690.jpg

apollo-8-690.jpg

Stocks and realestate.... keep my $$ growing... one day it will transfer back into aviation.

I enjoy off shore fishing and spending time on the boat!

I enjoy off shore fishing and spending time on the boat!

One up on the fishing and spending a nice day with the family on any seaworthy vessel is a good day!

Recently I've started brokering aircraft for a local company and have yet to make a sale. The time I put into it certainly competes with my flying time, but the people I'm meeting make it worth it!!

Tony

Besides the Hiperbipe (which is "mine only" after that short inverted stint a year or so ago...:yikes:) my wife and I enjoy a good Track day or Club get-together in the Z's.
Her's is lightly modded...mine a bit more so...:yes:

Recently we have been collecting more guns, ammo and solid properties. Just in case...:dunno:.

Chris

P.S.
Write-Stuff; that collection is SUPER COOL!

Attachments

• new clutch.jpg.jpg
    new clutch.jpg.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 40
  • monster clutch.jpg.jpg
    monster clutch.jpg.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Working on the car only competes for my time -- it is practically free compared with the aircraft.

Both wrenching and flying have such a high therapy value for me that I consider them priceless.

IMG_20121119_154314.jpg

The kids have been getting into model railroading and I have to admit that I'm getting pulled in a little too.

Funny that the kids grew up with aviation so it's not big deal to them.

r/c airplanes and helicopters, reef aquariums, guns, cars, scuba diving, really just about any expensive hobby lol

The boat, a permanent staple in Florida! It's currently getting a new transom and Armstrong bracket, should be nice gaining the ~2ft of usable space.
image_4.jpg

Speed in general is an addiction, so cars are my other passion. I've had a fair amount of classics in the last few years, mostly restomods.
My son going for a ride around the parking lot with my dad in our joint project..he like the really old all steel stuff.
DSCN4352.JPG

I'm more of a 50's and muscle car kind of guy:
DSCN3288.JPG

DSCN4236.JPG

The one I probably shouldn't have let go...
DSCN3002.JPG

Then my more modern muscle...
Recently sold this in favor of four doors
IMG_0934.JPG

For this :D
807140_04.jpg

Here's a hobby that definitely would compete with your ability to fly.
Because after the cost of this hobby there wouldn't be any money left.

cycling...

Attachments

• panorama1.jpg
    panorama1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 33
Another shooter here:

DSC00128_zpsa7b35807.jpg

Does this:

DSC00152_zps60c9cca3.jpg

DSC00194_zps5355fce2.jpg

I also shoot IDPA, which takes up what little free time I actually have. Two small kids are my/our real hobby right now. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

I just realized people who track their sports cars are also spending tons of money to do so. Even spec Miata racing ain't cheap!

I just realized people who track their sports cars are also spending tons of money to do so. Even spec Miata racing ain't cheap!

I miss my Miata. Best car I ever owned and surprisingly practical.

Bought another MR2 Spyder, but I'm not tracking it. Thought about taking the sport bike to the track, but no way! Too expensive.

Bought another MR2 Spyder, but I'm not tracking it. Thought about taking the sport bike to the track, but no way! Too expensive.

Took you long enough. :).

No one could have possibly predicted that coming. :) :) :)

Took you long enough. :).

No one could have possibly predicted that coming. :) :) :)

The other black MR2 Spyder in my little one-horse metropolis showed up at my local used car lot down the street, and I couldn't resist. The guy specializes in sport cars, and we really liked him. First time I ever bought a used car at a lot, ever. First time I paid full price, too. Just couldn't bear to haggle with the guy, and I thought the price was good. When we met he came out of the garage covered in grease. My kind of used car salesman.

Late night pitch-n-putt.
Throw stuff off the bridge.
Cow-tipping.

Back