Hobbies that compete with our flying obsessions...

Yup. The cheap stuff with that weird coating on the shell. Seems to run fine.

Saw an interesting addition to the rules sign at one of the ranges here recently... "No Russian Ammo".

Hmm. Haven't asked them why, but probably they don't want this crud mixed in with their brass.

I had someone tell me that that stuff with the weird coating has the weird coating on it because it is old ammo and corroded so they painted over it with that crap. I don't know if its true, but it makes sense. I don't buy it any more. (They don't make it for most of the calibers I shoot anyways)

The coating is to prevent the steel case from corroding.

A lot of ranges don't like Russian ammo because a lot of it has steel cored bullets and will do a number on the range's bullet traps. And like mentioned before, the cases aren't reloadable so they don't want it anyway.

Yep. Knew about steel core.

Assumed they are being picky about the brass to add the "no Russian ammo" outright ban.

Also assume if you found brass bullet Russian stuff and caught all the shells in a brass catcher bag, they'd probably let ya shoot it. They're not unreasonable folks there.

Easier to go to the outdoor range for the rifles anyway...

Guitars, until all my money started going to more flight time. Sheraton II, Epiphone LP Custom (sold it to get a few more hours), and a Gretsch 5120 that I don't have any pics of. Had to stop buying more gear when I started flying, that was an even quicker way to go broke than aviation :lol:

Attachments

• Anjalee.jpg
    Anjalee.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2311.jpg
    IMG_2311.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 3
Yup. The cheap stuff with that weird coating on the shell. Seems to run fine.

Saw an interesting addition to the rules sign at one of the ranges here recently... "No Russian Ammo".

Hmm. Haven't asked them why, but probably they don't want this crud mixed in with their brass.

Well yeah you gotta have something that'll shoot the cheap stuff. Otherwise blasting .223 and .308 all day gets really expensive. I buy those 7.62 in bulk for my sks (Wolf brand ammo) but I have had a few jams. I've had 100% success with Brown Bear 7.62 rounds. But they're usually like another buck or two per box.

HI.. i'll add to this thread..

Amateur Radio - I find a number of pilots also are hams...

Astronomy - Currently in the process of building a obs for my 12" dob and Meade etx-125

Mike -
G1KOT

Anyone else road race?

1.JPG

This
102_1785.jpg

This
102_1740.jpg

102_1707.jpg

102_1551.jpg

This
DSC00794.jpg