Help reporting to FAA

Tell me about it! I'm going to my 50th HS reunion in a few months. Downright scary thought!

Wearing this?

image.jpeg

Or maybe go as a Pirate.

image.jpeg

Seeing what they look like now at age 60 is a bit disenchanting (though the girl I had the biggest crush on from middle school on, still looks good and her daughters are as lovely as she was back in the day).
Careful, one can get into trouble with something like this.
Especially if the daughters are under the protection of some arbitrary legal numerical limit. You don't want to wind up in jail. ;)

But if you still need to go meet them, don't forget to whisper the 3 magical words every girl longs to hear. If the phrase "I'm a pilot" doesn't work, you can try "I have money". See what happens. Oh, and when you're in front of a judge, be a dear and don't mention my name. :D

The daughters are already old enough. Two of them got married and I think the third is engaged (and I'm not interested in any of them).

Nah. When I graduated from HS, I looked like I was about 12.

LOL. Same here.

And now I’m probably the guy the Facebook crowd thinks looks waaaaay too old, considering the genetics that gave me white hair starting in my 30s. The beard is completely white now, only the mustache isn’t. :)

Old classmates are probably thinking “that guy looks like hell” LOL. Heck, there’s days when even I think that. Hahaha.

Tell me about it! I'm going to my 50th HS reunion in a few months. Downright scary thought!
My 50th was in 2010, and it was a shocker. There were a half dozen guys in wheelchairs with oxygen tanks and nasal cannulas.
There but for the grace of goddess....
I'm tempted not to go to my 60th in 2020 as it'll probably be even more depressing.

Last edited:
There but for the grace of goddess....

30 some years down the road I Google-stalked the goddess who was the lust of my high school life that only wanted to be my friend. Seems her body longevity is on the left side of the bell curve according to her blog, her current photos stopped my "what if" fantasies once and for all right there. Reminded me that I needed to do more yoga.

30 some years down the road I Google-stalked the goddess who was the lust of my high school life that only wanted to be my friend. Seems her body longevity is on the left side of the bell curve according to her blog, her current photos stopped my "what if" fantasies once and for all right there. Reminded me that I needed to do more yoga.
I hear you. This is a generalization, but it's almost as if the girls that were wallflowers in high school have blossomed and aged gracefully, while the hotties back then haven't aged nearly as well. I try to keep from sagging too much by riding my bicycle regularly on thirty mile rides. It only takes two or three hours a couple of times a week.

I attended my 15th HS reunion and that’s it. And it was a waste of time. They had the 40th a couple of years ago and my invite went straight to the circular file. There are a couple of HS friends that I remain in contact with albeit less and less each year, but that is the extent of my involvement with my HS classmates.

I didn't like high school, but I was curious, so I went to my 35th. I had a good time so I went to my 40th. On the other hand, I only knew a fraction of the people who attended, since my graduating class was 800+.

I didn't like high school, but I was curious, so I went to my 35th. I had a good time so I went to my 40th. On the other hand, I only knew a fraction of the people who attended, since my graduating class was 800+.
There were 525 in my graduating class, and I had several good friends. I knew just about everybody in my class since most of us had attended the same schools since the first grade and we all got along pretty well together. Attendance at our reunions has been pretty high (~60%) compared to what I've heard from others about attendance at their reunions.

To the original post, I’m usually suspicious just hearing one side of these stories. Mostly on the sidelines, but one I know is likely to have the other ‘served’ this week. I said buckle up, will be going on for a good while. This even involves profiles on dating sites under a different name. One doesn’t have to be a private eye to track this down.

I think I’m done with class reunions, last was a handful at the 35 year mark. If I’m off maybe, no special efforts to make one.

I detested high school. You can't be the poor kid in the school district with one of the highest or highest average income in the state - not during the late 80's early 90's at least. Kids were getting Beemers for their 16th, etc. When I graduated HS, I walked off the stage after getting my diploma and out the back door of the venue, and never said another word to anyone I went to school with again. For some reason they had a 5 year and I went to that. No one remembered my name so when the 10 year came, I RSVP'd with an expletive filled rant that even Clark would have approved of about why I wouldn't attend. I haven't heard a peep from the reunion committee since. I'm probably listed as deceased. I still live within 10-15 miles of where I graduated from, and rarely see anyone from HS. The few that I have, had no clue who I was.

I detested high school. You can't be the poor kid in the school district with one of the highest or highest average income in the state - not during the late 80's early 90's at least. Kids were getting Beemers for their 16th, etc. When I graduated HS, I walked off the stage after getting my diploma and out the back door of the venue, and never said another word to anyone I went to school with again. For some reason they had a 5 year and I went to that. No one remembered my name so when the 10 year came, I RSVP'd with an expletive filled rant that even Clark would have approved of about why I wouldn't attend. I haven't heard a peep from the reunion committee since. I'm probably listed as deceased. I still live within 10-15 miles of where I graduated from, and rarely see anyone from HS. The few that I have, had no clue who I was.
Wow. You’re more anti social than me. That’s quite an accomplishment. I’m much the same as you described, but at least I left the area and never went back before they forgot I existed. I went to my 15th reunion and literally had to argue with people that I graduated with them. Only a few of my closest friends remembered me.

The funny thing is that most out grow the HS bs by the 5th, and it's even better by the 10th. It's funny because I said most, not all, watching the ones who think the old pecking order is still alive is entertaining. I came from a HS with about 500 graduates, 1980 was the year. We used to go to a large field and have massive parties, at least half the class, no problems, few if any fights. I've missed one reunion, don't plan on missing any more while I'm still around, 40th in 2 years, it will be good. Usually between 100 to 200 classmates show up. We have a good time.

I went to my tenth and talked to some interesting folks I never even met in school. One was a construction manager for Disney. Interesting how they hide construction in the parks from the drones, er... tourists.

But all the others I’ve honestly had more important things to do scheduled whenever they happened.

I keep in touch with a very tiny number of music nerds from high school because they still go see the best new and old bands, so it gives me ideas for who to go see.

Other than that, it’s just mildly eerie to see sons and daughters of theirs look like I remember their parents.

I’ve attended more old work alumni parties than school ones, that’s for sure. I definitely keep in touch with way more old co-workers via social media and in person than classmates. Some have done well for themselves. Others haven’t.

Some have clearly weaseled their way into titles nobody should have ever given them. LOL.

One flew airplanes in the Maldives, Croatia, various other places, and now he’s in Idaho after he bailed on IT in the early 2001 timeframe.

Always crazy backcountry, floatplane, or other non-airline stuff. I think his current gig is dumping smoke jumpers.

I have either a man-crush on him or hate him, depending on the day. Hahahahaha. ;)

Personally, I've found it to be a great way to reconnect with people in my past. I now have friends (not just FB acquaintances whom FB refers to as "friends") whom I had not been in contact with for 40-50 years.

I've caught up with people I went to school with that I thought I'd never see again. People I had even forgot about. There is one girl that keeps up the class FB page and we have a get together a couple of times a year at a restaurant apart from any reunions. These normally average from 10 to 20, sometimes a few more.

I was tempted to go to the 30th, being a professor, pilot, and not weighing 5 pounds more than I did in HS. But I decided that it was just an indulgence in self aggrandizement. If there’s a 40th I might show up out of morbid curiosity.

Wow. You’re more anti social than me. That’s quite an accomplishment. I’m much the same as you described, but at least I left the area and never went back before they forgot I existed. I went to my 15th reunion and literally had to argue with people that I graduated with them. Only a few of my closest friends remembered me.

Oh it was just with that particular group of people. I am pretty well known around the area with a few other hobbies I am involved in. I know a bunch of people and I've been approached by people that know who I am before I've even met them. And I get along great with most of them. Just that whole HS group were so self absorbed I didn't care to be associated with them.

I was tempted to go to the 30th, being a professor, pilot, and not weighing 5 pounds more than I did in HS. But I decided that it was just an indulgence in self aggrandizement. If there’s a 40th I might show up out of morbid curiosity.

That's the problem I had too with the first one, reverting to the HS train of thought, sweating out what other thought of me, no one cares. You should go to the 40th, you just might enjoy yourself, like I said, except for a few, the HS bs faded away a long time ago and it's fun watching the few that never matured.

Wow, seems a lot of you guys didn't like high school, hell I loved all my schooling. I got along with most of my classmates pretty well. Played ball so I hung with the jocks, was involved with FFA so I hung with the aggies, did pretty well in school so the egg heads even liked me. I keep in touch with quite a few from high school but more from college.
As for reunions, I've made a few. It is really interesting to see how some have completely fallen apart. The next one should be really interesting

Nobody cares if you’re a professor or pilot. Trust me on this one.

That 5 lbs thing though, they’ll be ****ed about. :) :) :)

My HS graduating class was 25... which might be part of the reason why we have never had a reunion. At least, as far as I know. It's been a number of years since I stopped updating my address with the school, so there's a chance we had a 40th... though I doubt it.

My HS graduating class was 25... which might be part of the reason why we have never had a reunion. At least, as far as I know. It's been a number of years since I stopped updating my address with the school, so there's a chance we had a 40th... though I doubt it.

My senior class started with 33 people. One was killed in a motorcycle accident during Christmas break, (speeding, ran off road) and two others eloped 2 weeks before the end of school. There was just over 400 students from kindergarten to 12th grade.

Seventh through 12th grade was a military boarding school, so I went to school with rich kids, kids whose parents were working foreign jobs, kids from central and south American countries, a few from Saudi Arabia. So after graduation we all went our separate ways.

There were girls at the school, but probably less than 20 in the high school part. For the last few years, one girl that was really popular, her and I have been keeping in touch with email. She came from a well off family, and she was more redneck than a society girl.

Since it was a small school, reunions are yearly and all classes are invited. Mostly students from the 50s and 60s are the ones that attend, but they are rapidly dwindling. I still update my address and profile, but I have not received a reunion notice for the last few years.

Personally, I expect the biggest surprise for my former high school classmates is that I'm still alive...

Lol. I missed high school graduation due to a near fatal car accident the day before when an oncoming car crossed over and hit me head on. They announced my accident at graduation and some folks actually thought I had been killed. So when I attended the one reunion (15th), some people were shocked to see me. Of course, I was probably still the most surprised that I showed up.

Lol. I missed high school graduation due to a near fatal car accident the day before when an oncoming car crossed over and hit me head on. They announced my accident at graduation and some folks actually thought I had been killed. So when I attended the one reunion (15th), some people were shocked to see me. Of course, I was probably still the most surprised that I showed up.
I hope they were happy to see you.....o_O

I hope they were happy to see you.....o_O

I think so... for the most part.

It was funny though in a way. A couple of the conversations about my “resurrection” were interesting. One involved a guy who kept insisting that they were told I was dead and adamantly argued that point with a couple of friends who kept telling him that the announcement just said I was seriously injured. He kept saying to me “man, I thought you were dead”. Several times. Of course, he said it in his typical stoned fashion.

Never been to a reunion. 25th is coming up this summer... Or maybe already passed even, I'm not sure.

I just have no desire to speak with anyone from HS that I'm not already at least friends with on Facebook. I'm not really sure what the point would be. For those of you who liked reunions, what was it about the reunions that you liked? I guess I just can't imagine a scenario where I thought it wasn't a waste of time.

Never been to a reunion. 25th is coming up this summer... Or maybe already passed even, I'm not sure.

I just have no desire to speak with anyone from HS that I'm not already at least friends with on Facebook. I'm not really sure what the point would be. For those of you who liked reunions, what was it about the reunions that you liked? I guess I just can't imagine a scenario where I thought it wasn't a waste of time.
At the time, I had just reconnected with some grade school and junior high friends through Facebook. The friends were planning the reunion. It wasn't one of these commercially offered ones. I was curious, so I decided to go. I had not kept in touch with anyone from the town where I grew up. I had moved across the country the day after graduation. I was not socially active in HS, but because I grew up in one location, I had known these people from childhood. I thought it was pretty cool to reconnect after 35 years, but others may feel differently.

You are living in the past, at least in your head, relative to high school. Most people have matured nicely. Some of the jerks are still jerks, most of the jerks aren't though. It was cool to see how people turned out. It was nice to see people I was close to in HS that I hadn't seen in years. It was very entertaining, but if it was 18 year old me standing there at the reunion, maybe I would have thought differently, but those days are long gone.

You are living in the past, at least in your head, relative to high school. Most people have matured nicely. Some of the jerks are still jerks, most of the jerks aren't though. It was cool to see how people turned out. It was nice to see people I was close to in HS that I hadn't seen in years. It was very entertaining, but if it was 18 year old me standing there at the reunion, maybe I would have thought differently, but those days are long gone.

I guess I just don't understand why it's cool to see how a former jerk turned out. I have no interest in their lives. The people I was close with in HS, I'm still in touch with, at least in some fashion.

I think I'd go to the next one, provided there is a next one. Curiosity. See what happened to folks. I suspect they'd be interested in what happened to me. I'm told I tend to leave a mark in my passing.

In my case, my 50th is a chance to not only to reconnect with some old friends, but to visit the old neighborhood. I have both good and bad memories of HS. I was a bit of a social outcast so my friends were a bit limited.

Flying connection: If I fly up there and the weather is good for my return, it's also an opportunity to fly the Hudson corridor on the way home :) :blueplane:

My HS class was 64 kids. I went to my 10th and 20th, and the 30th is in 2020 so I'll go. I've known most of them since kindergarten.

Have no desire to go to a reunion,with a bunch of old men,to be depressed. Since I went to an all boys high school ,there are no hotties.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back