Help reporting to FAA

CarolfromLA

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
CarolfromLA
Would it be best to tell the airline first? Or the FAA? Please advice on how to get them to look into him. Thank you for your understanding as I look to restore peace to our family.

Last edited:
Reach out to his regional's Union officials, most likely ALPA. They do have programs to get individuals help with their problem. If you'd like PM me and I may be able to help you reach these individuals.

Tell your daughter to get a restraining order. Why would you want to involve yourself or more importantly your daughter any further with this guy by reporting him? Doesn't make sense. Restraining order, tell your daughter not to talk to him anymore, no interaction.
Because restraining orders don't do ****.
FYI for anyone who considers getting one, what you can get is a temporary order, which is still just a piece of paper btw. After 15 days you must appear in front of a judge along side the person you're getting the restraining order from and you both get to tell your side. The judge will deny over 90% including this one. The judge will take this opportunity to explain why they don't understand why cops tell people to get one for this reason.
Down the street from me are two houses where one neighbor stabbed another one and the judge denied the permanent order.

Because restraining orders don't do ****.
FYI for anyone who considers getting one, what you can get is a temporary order, which is still just a piece of paper btw. After 15 days you must appear in front of a judge along side the person you're getting the restraining order from and you both get to tell your side. The judge will deny over 90% including this one. The judge will take this opportunity to explain why they don't understand why cops tell people to get one for this reason.
Down the street from me are two houses where one neighbor stabbed another one and the judge denied the permanent order.

Then buy a gun.... This really doesn't sound like it's a murder stalker deal. It's obvious the daughter is talking/ trying to reason with this guy by the amount the mom knows about him, I mean come on, the daughter broke up with him a year ago yet mom knows he has a medical exam and flight exam in a few weeks? The daughter is giving him attention, good or bad by talking to him. She should change her phone number,refuse to talk to him, tell him to stay away and call the cops if he comes around, most normal people will take the hint and move on. If he doesn't, do the restraining order. Reporting the guy to the FAA just increases the possibility of interaction with the guy, I don't get it. Mom is too involved in this, knows too much about this guy and sounds like she is looking for revenge instead of just ending contact, she needs to stay out of it and tell her daughter to grow up. Just stop talking to the guy, he'll go away.

If someone is really being stalked (two sides to every story) the OP needs a restraining order. Talk to the cops, not the FAA. What the fellow does at work is between him and his employers. His use or abuse of ethanol is just none of your ****** business.

And going after his livelihood because things went south with someone's kid is really, really low.

You need a restraining order. It may not be SUFFICIENT, but it is the process to get started. It has the clear step of making any contact CLEARLY illegal rather than a subjective matter as to whether it fits into the local definitions of harassment or stalking. It closes arguments on subsequent actions as to why you didn't avail yourself of due process.

Going after someone's livelihood over a domestic (even a criminal dispute) first, smacks of revenge more than anything else. It's unlikely to stop (and likely to intensify the behavior). Unless there is some clear public safety issue involved (the pilot under the influence WHILE flying), I'd leave it.

If I were this pilot and I learned you went to the FAA and my employer claiming I was an alcoholic, and a substandard pilot, I would have my attorney invite you to a court room so you could present your evidence.

You're still too emotionally involved with this guy. You need to move on, which may require that restraining order, but more likely just requires you to stop having anything to do with him. That may require some changes in your lifestyle or mental state.

You can't get burned if you stay away from fire. Sometimes it takes some effort on your part to stay away from it. But as long as you are concerning yourself with this guy, he'll be in your life.

+1 on getting an order. If only because it documents the situation if things escalate to stupid crap like the guy committing vandalism or such. It's an add-on.

But as others have said, don't mess with his paychecks. He'll need the money to pay the judgement when he busts a window, or for the fines when he does get caught doing that driving stuffs you suspect him of.

He’s in jail as of this morning. He crossed the line with my daughter. The police gave her an emergency protective order. Going to let them handle it from here. Thanks.

Then buy a gun.... This really doesn't sound like it's a murder stalker deal. It's obvious the daughter is talking/ trying to reason with this guy by the amount the mom knows about him, I mean come on, the daughter broke up with him a year ago yet mom knows he has a medical exam and flight exam in a few weeks? The daughter is giving him attention, good or bad by talking to him. She should change her phone number,refuse to talk to him, tell him to stay away and call the cops if he comes around, most normal people will take the hint and move on. If he doesn't, do the restraining order. Reporting the guy to the FAA just increases the possibility of interaction with the guy, I don't get it. Mom is too involved in this, knows too much about this guy and sounds like she is looking for revenge instead of just ending contact, she needs to stay out of it and tell her daughter to grow up. Just stop talking to the guy, he'll go away.

That.

And if you think what you currently have is bad, ruin a mans career and back him into a corner, that's how you get a reaction, but some people just like drama I guess.

OP pm'd me and apparently wants to completely ruin this pilot. Told her about the airline program that the union and management controls/administers and apparently she wasn't interested in helping someone with a problem. Does appear to be more of a revenge deal. So be it, karma a mofo though Carol.

Last edited:
Why do people delete or substantially edit the original message when they don't like the answer they've been given? Considering a 30 second google search would tell you how to report an issue to the FAA, I think some folks just like to publicly share their drama. Case in point: Facebook.

The police can not issue protective orders, emergency or otherwise. It takes a judge.

I don't believe much of anything "Carol" has told us. I agree with Brad, it was just a need to rant. I've seen this far too often on the legal forums. Come asking for advice, don't like the advice given, suddenly the problem has been successfully resolved despite what they were told. SO THERE.

Why do people delete or substantially edit the original message when they don't like the answer they've been given? Considering a 30 second google search would tell you how to report an issue to the FAA, I think some folks just like to publicly share their drama. Case in point: Facebook.
Maybe it's because they post in the heat of the moment, then decide it isn't a good idea to reveal all that information publicly. As far as Facebook is concerned, you have much more control over what you see than you do here. If someone you "friended" has a habit of posting too much drama or other things you don't want to see, hide them or delete them.

I was always under the impression that drama for dumb people was the original reason Fecesbook came to life. I don't see any benefit to it, just people showing off how cool they think they are or bitching at their inbred family. Yay Internet!

As far as reporting goes: without any actual proof, how does one substantiate such claims? "I read it on FB" might not work for a smart judge.

I don't believe much of anything "Carol" has told us. I agree with Brad, it was just a need to rant. I've seen this far too often on the legal forums. Come asking for advice, don't like the advice given, suddenly the problem has been successfully resolved despite what they were told. SO THERE.

Yep. Way too many red flags here. I saw the same thing in college years back trying to council women on getting out of abusive relationships. Seems like when the help started getting real, that is hubby/boyfriend/whatever went to jail, the story changed and then she did not want help.

Why do people delete or substantially edit the original message when they don't like the answer they've been given?

Maybe because she was trying to get folks to believe her story, feel sorry for her and tell her she was doing the right thing. That didn't happen so suddenly the problem is solved mysteriously. Then move on to the next group of folks and maybe they will believe her and tell her she is doing the right thing.

Sounded as if "Carol" is the hateful vengeful type and will not be happy until she can make others as unhappy as she is.

The police can not issue protective orders, emergency or otherwise. It takes a judge.

Ya. In California, only the police can request such an order be issued. The terminology may be wrong, but it's close as the cops get it issued.

Gun removal can be requested by the family. Or the police.

No disagreement.

I was always under the impression that drama for dumb people was the original reason Fecesbook came to life. I don't see any benefit to it, just people showing off how cool they think they are or bitching at their inbred family. Yay Internet!

As far as reporting goes: without any actual proof, how does one substantiate such claims? "I read it on FB" might not work for a smart judge.

Well, you need better friends and family online :D
FB is very useful to see what my nieces, nephews, cousins, parents and friends back in the old neighborhood are doing. People who post things which are "cool, look at me" get marked "hide, never show". Same for those that complain, or post politics.
Know what you want to use it for, and it can be a useful tool. No five minutes on FB twice a day saves me a few hours of multiple calls "catching up" with my far flung relatives and friends.

Tim

Too bad no one quoted the OP. I’d like to know what the back story is that everyone is replying to.

Awww, you asked so nicely:

Hi, this is the last place I thought I’d ask for help. Please bear with me. My daughter dated a regional pilot who wound up there after being non renewed in Air Force in 2011. Is that suspicious?

The pilot has been stalking and making life hell for my daughter and our family and her new boyfriend. Police are finally catching on I think but it may take some time for justice. She was so scared to call police in case he’d get fired.

The pilot preferred reserve so he could dodge phone calls and not work. He mouthed off to his check ride instructor but still passed, though the instructor said he didn’t want to. He gets lots of missed assignments. I don’t think he improved in the year since my daughter left him.

I want to get the FAA and his regional involved. His medical exam and check ride are within a few weeks, if they are annual.

He has a drinking problem and it’s the reason for several missed assignments. He’s been to clever to be caught driving drunk by police-yet. I’ve spoken to his mom and she is also worried about what she said is his full fledged alcoholism.

I would appreciate any advice. I want to know the best way to call attention to his alcoholism. It is well documented on social media. Would it be best to tell the airline first? Or the FAA? Please advice on how to get them to look into him. Thank you for your understanding as I look to restore peace to our family.

Too bad no one quoted the OP. I’d like to know what the back story is that everyone is replying to.
Daughter recently ended a relationship with a good for nothing, abusive stalker and alcoholic boyfriend that happens to be an airline pilot who’s medical and recurrent training are coming due soon. She wanted help ratting him out to the FAA and his employer to make him pay for being a meanie to her daughter.

If the fellow was such a sodden scofflaw one wonders what the young lady saw in him in the first place. I doubt we'll find out, my guess is Ma cut and ran when she didn't hear what she wanted to hear.

If the fellow was such a sodden scofflaw one wonders what the young lady saw in him in the first place. I doubt we'll find out, my guess is Ma cut and ran when she didn't hear what she wanted to hear.

They are a helluva salesman and the women eat it up.

LOL

It never fails to amuse me when someone finds out I'm a pilot but not for airlines and asks either "so you're not a real pilot?" or "aren't you scared to die?"

Sometimes the devil on my left shoulder whispers into my ear to reply things like "nah, I ain't skeered, I suppress fear by drinking heavily, just like the big boys in the airlines". That should keep 'em on the ground for a while. ;)

Would it be best to tell the airline first? Or the FAA? Please advice on how to get them to look into him. Thank you for your understanding as I look to restore peace to our family.

How exactly would getting him fired restore peace to your family? Wouldn't that give him more free time to stalk you?

This whole thing just seems odd. It seems as though the only reason this situation is relevant here, is because the guy happens to be a pilot and nothing else.

LOL

It never fails to amuse me when someone finds out I'm a pilot but not for airlines and asks either "so you're not a real pilot?" or "aren't you scared to die?"

Sometimes the devil on my left shoulder whispers into my ear to reply things like "nah, I ain't skeered, I suppress fear by drinking heavily, just like the big boys in the airlines". That should keep 'em on the ground for a while. ;)

"I took up airline flying because I had a fear of dying alone." :) :) :)

Historically anyway, Facebook came to life as a way for college and university students to connect. Originally, one had to have a .edu email address to sign up. Became much more than that, fir better or fir worse, years later.

Personally, I've found it to be a great way to reconnect with people in my past. I now have friends (not just FB acquaintances whom FB refers to as "friends") whom I had not been in contact with for 40-50 years.

Obviously, that's not something everyone wants to do. Just like hanging out on social media sites like POA.

I have mixed feelings about my old friends on facebook. It's nice seeing how they turned out with their kids and grandkids and the like. However, most of the girls I knew in highschool were still fixed in my mind in their 16 year old splendor. Seeing what they look like now at age 60 is a bit disenchanting (though the girl I had the biggest crush on from middle school on, still looks good and her daughters are as lovely as she was back in the day).

I have mixed feelings about my old friends on facebook. It's nice seeing how they turned out with their kids and grandkids and the like. However, most of the girls I knew in highschool were still fixed in my mind in their 16 year old splendor. Seeing what they look like now at age 60 is a bit disenchanting (though the girl I had the biggest crush on from middle school on, still looks good and her daughters are as lovely as she was back in the day).
Tell me about it! I'm going to my 50th HS reunion in a few months. Downright scary thought!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back