Help me study for an airline interview...

What is the proper way to respond as an FO if the captain of your flight smells of alcohol or shows other signs of possible intoxication?

1: The airplane doesn't move until I'm satisfied that the Captain is fit for duty. No wiggle room at all on this.

2: Approach the Captain diplomatically with your concerns. If he can't satisfy your concerns, or won't remove himself from the trip, ...

3: Contact the union's Professional Standards Committee. They will have more credibility with the Captain than the, possibly junior/new, F/O. They'll also have training in how to handle such a situation. They will also give advise on what the F/O should do next.

4: If all else fails, remove yourself from the trip and file an ASAP report. The airplane can't move without the F/O.

7 minutes from push F/A calls & says pax had a few drinks at the airport, is talking back. One F/A wants him off, another says they can handle him. The others never met him. Any solution?
Call for customer service and the ground security coordinator. They are trained to handle such customer issues at the gate.

1: The airplane doesn't move until I'm satisfied that the Captain is fit for duty. No wiggle room at all on this.

2: Approach the Captain diplomatically with your concerns. If he can't satisfy your concerns, or won't remove himself from the trip, ...

3: Contact the union's Professional Standards Committee. They will have more credibility with the Captain than the, possibly junior/new, F/O. They'll also have training in how to handle such a situation. They will also give advise on what the F/O should do next.

4: If all else fails, remove yourself from the trip and file an ASAP report. The airplane can't move without the F/O.

Call for customer service and the ground security coordinator. They are trained to handle such customer issues at the gate.
Thanks for these. Simple and straightforward.

Good luck man! You're gonna be just fine at the interview, I'm sure.

Here is one that I see in the gouges for just about all of the regionals..... I'm interested in what you folk consider a proper response to the interviewer might be

What is the proper way to respond as an FO if the captain of your flight smells of alcohol or shows other signs of possible intoxication?
The best response I found so far was

I will take the Captain aside, tell him that I smell alcohol, and that causes you concern.

Tell the Captain that his two best alternatives are to call in sick, and that it is important that he not fly if there is any question about his fitness for flight.

If he refuses to listen, reach out to someone within the union for assistance. Try to avoid airline management if possible

Tell the Captain that you will not fly with him until the uncertainty about his condition is resolved.

Ask him why you weren't invited to the party.

Just remember, if you get the job, you’ll eventually have to swing gear for @kayoh190. You may want to rethink your interview:D
the funny part is, i don't know for sure, but I think me and kayoh190 work for the same company and might even be on the same equipment, so i might have swung gear for him without even knowing it.

Q: A passenger mentions (s)he thinks (s)he smelled alcohol on you. What do you do.??

A: Go smack that passenger and tell him to mind his own bee's wax....

Ok, seriously, remove one self from the flight, notify the chief and let them know what is going on and that you are on your way for a alcohol test.

True story, this actually happened to me in Alaska.

Back