2 Dr. Bill and Crew
3 Kevin
5 Flip and Kim and the Lutians
6 Dr. Bruce
10 Kaye
11 Brian (you lucky dog you)
12 Diana
77 Troy
My Citabria buddy, Bruce Dallman, who flew down with us in October, just reserved a cabin today, but I don't know what number it is yet.

Hopefully Barb will be staying with us in our cabin. I think she will be flying her 172 down...probably with Tom.

I will not be flying down, as I will not have an airplane by then.

Marisol and I are in 16.

2 Dr. Bill and Crew
3 Kevin
6 Dr. Bruce
10 Kaye
11 Brian
12 Diana
16 Adam
67 Prellwitz & Bockelman
77 Troy

Thanks! I actually think I'm going to fly myself. It really is the most enjoyable time for me, flying solo or solo + dog for about 6-7 sometimes 8 hours straight.

Feels good.

Definitely, I know what you mean. I love those long trips. Out to and back from Ames was great, especially back from when I was seeing 160 GS in the Mooney (trues out at 145).

Look forward to seeing you there! :yes:

Ted, here's your chance for a dry run into 6Y9...

Actually, I've gotten enough response from people who want to go to Gaston's from this general area that I think I'll be full up.

But, you better believe I'll be doing my best to make it to 6Y9, hopefully having brought a bunch of people along for the ride. :)

Marisol and I are in 16.

2 Dr. Bill and Crew
3 Kevin
6 Dr. Bruce
10 Kaye
11 Brian
12 Diana
16 Adam
67 Prellwitz & Bockelman
77 Troy

Adam, I'm so glad you'll be there. We'll have a good crowd from NE - Justin, Brian, Mark and Terri, you and Marisol...COOL!!!

Adam, I'm so glad you'll be there. We'll have a good crowd from NE - Justin, Brian, Mark and Terri, you and Marisol...COOL!!!

Yeah looking forward to it, and meeting a bunch more fellow POA'ers.

We're in!! Me and Rudder, my new yorkie pup. Cabin #14 confirmed and the nice lady said don't even rent a car, call and we'll pick you up at KBPK.

The Boss lady....er...um ...my lovely Bride said go have fun!

We're in!! Me and Rudder, my new yorkie pup. Cabin #14 confirmed and the nice lady said don't even rent a car, call and we'll pick you up at KBPK.

Cool! :)

If you arrive after sunset a van is the way to go.

If you arrive during daylight hours a shuttle flight over is a definite possibility, too. A heads up on your ETA and you can expect it!

Just don't let Steve drive....he will try to supply you with a lifetime supply of fine Arkansas venison on the way home :)

I think the midnight dam party chaffeurs would probably be a better choice, now that you mention it! :rofl:

Just don't let Steve drive....he will try to supply you with a lifetime supply of fine Arkansas venison on the way home :)

Update:

2 Dr. Bill and Crew
3 Kevin
5 Flip and Kim and the Lutians (Mark and Terri)
6 Dr. Bruce
10 Kaye
11 Brian
12 Diana
14 Gary Mascelli and Rudder
16 Adam and Marisol
67 Prellwitz & Bockelman
77 Troy

Both the Citabria guys from Pittsburg now have rooms in the Duplex cabins, something like 21 and 22. Kim, you met them when they flew to Miami Co. a few months ago. Looks like we'll have at least 4 Citabrias now.

Both the Citabria guys from Pittsburg now have rooms in the Duplex cabins, something like 21 and 22. Kim, you met them when they flew to Miami Co. a few months ago. Looks like we'll have at least 4 Citabrias now.

I'm getting very excited...

It's such a LONG time until June!! :frown2:

too bad we cant just make this a monthly event

Update:

2 Dr. Bill and Crew
3 Kevin
4 Dr. Dave Taylor, Spike and Tommy Cutler
6 Dr. Bruce
10 Kaye
11 Brian
12 Diana
16 Adam and Marisol
67 Prellwitz & Bockelman
77 Troy

If you arrive after sunset a van is the way to go.

If you arrive during daylight hours a shuttle flight over is a definite possibility, too. A heads up on your ETA and you can expect it!

I would like the shuttle flight better......:D

too bad we cant just make this a monthly event

Now that sounds fun. Now who wants to get me a 200 kt plane that burns 4 gph and is friendly to grass strips to make it more feasible to attend monthly? :)

Now that sounds fun. Now who wants to get me a 200 kt plane that burns 4 gph and is friendly to grass strips to make it more feasible to attend monthly? :)

Hey! You are the one that claims to like to burn a LOT of avgas. Now you are complaining??? :rofl:

Hey! You are the one that claims to like to burn a LOT of avgas. Now you are complaining??? :rofl:

Good point. I'll just take the Aztec and leave the money knobs where they belong - maximum money burn! :smilewinkgrin:

Throttle, Prop, Mixture = Speed, Noise, Money

Hmmm would it be too early to ask if anyone has an extra room in their cabin that they would "sublet" to me?

A short stumble home from wherever the Prellwitz Rocket Fuel Margaritas are served would be a plus:D:drink:

Hmmm would it be too early to ask if anyone has an extra room in their cabin that they would "sublet" to me?

A short stumble home from wherever the Prellwitz Rocket Fuel Margaritas are served would be a plus:D:drink:

Well, if you pass out on the couch, I don't think anyone is going to disturb you. :rofl:

I think Greg may be in his manic phase...he's using this smiley in every post...:rofl:

Last edited:
Really, it's not THAT funny, Greg...but talking about Gaston's does put everyone in a great mood, doesn't it?? :smilewinkgrin:

2 Dr. Bill and Crew
3 Kevin
4 Dr. Dave Taylor, Spike and Tommy Cutler
6 Dr. Bruce
10 Kaye
11 Brian
12 Diana
16 Adam and Marisol
67 Prellwitz & Bockelman
77 Troy
Room in 2-story building: Kate

I didn't ask the room number, but I suppose it will be mailed to me.

So far I'm guaranteed a Cessna 172 at a minimum, so that's the ride plan for now. I won't know if I'll have an extra seat or bed until much closer to June.

Flown into Gaston's for the first time a few years ago, was a pretty trippy experience for this flatlander! I'll chat with Kate from CAVU and see if we can caravan a few from Wisconsin!

Flown into Gaston's for the first time a few years ago, was a pretty trippy experience for this flatlander! I'll chat with Kate from CAVU and see if we can caravan a few from Wisconsin!

And Iowa, if you would like. Dubuque. Of course, I plan to go down on Thursday.

Hooray, another Wisconsinite! :goofy: Welcome aboard!

Back