Gaston's VI 2009 Attendance

Well it doesn't look like I'm a "definite" yet but rather "hopeful." Depending on whether or not we have a lot of snow days at school, my graduation date will either be the 13th or the 20th. If it's the latter, then no problem at all, but if it's the 13th, then I'm going to have to bail and look forward to Gastons '10.

I know what the rest of you are probably thinkin': "high school graduation...pfft....who needs a stinkin graduation, we'll give you one at Gastons." :D

I should know more about these plans in March or April.

Well it doesn't look like I'm a "definite" yet but rather "hopeful." Depending on whether or not we have a lot of snow days at school, my graduation date will either be the 13th or the 20th. If it's the latter, then no problem at all, but if it's the 13th, then I'm going to have to bail and look forward to Gastons '10.

I know what the rest of you are probably thinkin': "high school graduation...pfft....who needs a stinkin graduation, we'll give you one at Gastons." :D

I should know more about these plans in March or April.

I hope you have lots more snow days so you can graduate later so you can make it to Gastons.

graduation is overrated. gastons is more fun.

I just booked Cottage #12 for June 12th and 13th. I wanted #14, but somebody already got that one. OK, which one of you did that??? ;)

WooHoo! We're almost neighbors....I have Cottage #10.

I just got off the phone with Gaston's. There is a very large group that has booked most of the rooms and cottages and they said if you want to stay there, you need to book really soon. It's some kind of reunion. A lady just tried to book her wedding for that weekend, and they told her there wouldn't be enough rooms and the conference center is already booked. It's a cool place for a wedding, BTW.

I can't get the virtual tour to work on their site, using the latest version of QuickTime using Firefox and IE, so maybe it's my computer.

Pardon's have cabin 5...if MidlifeMark comes through with a cabin, the Pardon's will have one to unload...so there's our first possible spare...

I just got off the phone with Gaston's. There is a very large group that has booked most of the rooms and cottages and they said if you want to stay there, you need to book really soon. It's some kind of reunion. A lady just tried to book her wedding for that weekend, and they told her there wouldn't be enough rooms and the conference center is already booked. It's a cool place for a wedding, BTW.

I can't get the virtual tour to work on their site, using the latest version of QuickTime using Firefox and IE, so maybe it's my computer.

I thought we changed because (among other things) we'd avoid the casting for cancer crowd... frying pan - fire?

I thought we changed because (among other things) we'd avoid the casting for cancer crowd... frying pan - fire?

I always figured the temperature down there would be nicer in September.

Nah, we didn't change it, really. It's the weekend before Father's Day. The Cast for Recovery group will be there a week earlier this time...with the Yak fly-in.

No matter when we have it at that time of year...someone else will want to be there too. ;)

Might as well. Gastons > 6Y9. Take a poll. :rolleyes:

6Y9 is closer to me. Let's keep that one going.

I need to get 3-5 other people in the 500 hp truck to help pay for fuel. Any takers? :D

Gastons and 6Y9 are totally different fly ins in totally different places. I like em both, but understand why some people go to one and not the other.

Thankfully (I think), its not a popularity contest.

Gastons and 6Y9 are totally different fly ins in totally different places. I like em both, but understand why some people go to one and not the other.

Thankfully (I think), its not a popularity contest.
6Y9 is dangerous. I'm always afraid that sasquatch is going to yank me out of my tent....

6Y9 is dangerous. I'm always afraid that sasquatch is going to yank me out of my tent....

fair point, there is always concern about sasquatch and (even worse) bears.

6Y9 is dangerous.

I'd be more worried about Migaldi. He knows when you're asleep since he's walking around at 4 AM...

I'd be more scared of 24 hat guy, or red coat lady, than the bears or sasquatch.

Woo Hoo, we just snagged cabin #3. Checking in Friday and hoping the wx holds out for a Sunday departure.

Thanks for the heads up, Diana!

graduation is overrated. gastons is more fun.

I remember a movie about a graduate who had a good time hanging out with older people. Even some who were old enough to be his mother. He was a lucky guy.

I'm keeping track...(I know, it's an illness :rolleyes:):

2 Dr. Bill and Crew
3 Kevin
5 Flip and Kim and the Lutians
6 Dr. Bruce
10 Kaye
11 Brian (you lucky dog you)
12 Diana
77 Troy

What's the matter, Troy, don't you like us??? :frown2:

Last edited:
I'm keeping track...(I know, it's an illness :rolleyes:):

2 Dr. Bill and Crew
3 Kevin
6 Dr. Bruce
10 Kaye
12 Diana
77 Troy

Don't forget Brian in #11 (surrounded by lady pilots ;))

2 Dr. Bill and Crew
3 Kevin
6 Dr. Bruce
10 Kaye
11 Brian
12 Diana
67 Prellwitz & Bockelman
77 Troy

Wonder which end is considered the "dodgy" end?? :D

...wherever it is, that's where I want to be, especially if you and Phil are there...

Well, it will make it easier for you to welcome us properly...:thumbsup:

Wow! I come over here for the first time in a couple of days and find my name on a list. :D

All I can say is that our end will have plenty of wine. ;)

I better reserve a room soon...

Are you flying into PHL/PIT and hitching a ride with me? May want to reserve that seat soon, too, as space is limited. ;)

Back