Gaston's VI 2009 Attendance

gprellwitz

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Grant Prellwitz
Okay, someone had to start the thread for the 2009 Gaston's VI get-together, and I thought it might as well be me.

Dates: June 11th - 14th, 2009 (2nd weekend in June, weekend BEFORE Father's Day)

Place: Gaston's White River Resort, 3M0 (www.gastons.com)

List so far:
Ed Guthrie
Grant & Leslie Prellwitz

Last edited:
Grant! we're not done talking about '08 and you want us to start talking about 09??

Alright, so be it! :D

Let's hope the WX cooperates so I can ride in with someone...

We re-reserved cabin 77 for next year. The whole family from Texas and KC will be there again, though next time we hope to fly/drive, and we'll also come up earlier (Thursday). Two days is just not long enough.

Oy vey, from my birthday to my anniversary. As I said this year..."we'll see." But after reading the early reports from this year, boy do I hope it works out!!!

I'll be there! In an airplane!

At least, that's the plan... hopefully WX doesn't cancel my trip. But I ought to have my IR by then, and that will help.

I'm a definite maybe. I really regret not being able to be there this year, so I really hope to go next year.

I'll be there, but I gotta do better flight planning next time.

VLL dir 3M0 phhhhhhhhhhhhhhffffffffffffffttttttttttttt :p Like that's ever gonna happen in June.

Count us in for next year! This is really one of the most enjoyable weekends of the year.

I'l be the next year. Heck I am still there now :)

Okay y'all. Now go make a reservation and mark yourself off for vacation NOW, before you forget! :yes:

ha! i dont even know what job ill have or what state ill be living in next year. but ill be at gastons in june.

Okay, someone had to start the thread for the 2009 Gaston's VI get-together, and I thought it might as well be me.

Dates: June 11th - 14th, 2009 (2nd weekend in June, weekend BEFORE Father's Day)

Place: Gaston's White Water Resort, 3M0 (www.gastons.com)

List so far:
Ed Guthrie
Grant & Leslie Prellwitz
Have we checked with Gastons to make sure that there won't be another big event going on that weekend? It'd be nice to know if they are going to have the capacity for us before we start making reservations and requesting time off.

Have we checked with Gastons to make sure that there won't be another big event going on that weekend? It'd be nice to know if they are going to have the capacity for us before we start making reservations and requesting time off.
I talked with them about that yesterday. They don't have any other events that have been scheduled yet. The Yaks usually have their fly-in the weekend before we have ours, and there aren't that many of them anyway. The Cast for Recovery group is usually there at the same time as we are, but that hasn't been a problem in the past.

We'll be there, too. This time I'll bring a name tag. Oh, and a plastic bag in case the dog barfs again...

We'll be there, too. This time I'll bring a name tag.

That would be great. :yes: I had no idea who you were, and I didn't know what to call you on the picture I posted of you on the photo page. :redface:

Oh, and a plastic bag in case the dog barfs again...
:hairraise: There must be a story there, but I'm not sure if I want to know. ;)

ha! i dont even know what job ill have or what state ill be living in next year. but ill be at gastons in june.

I'll sure be there if I possibly can be - But like Tony, I have no clue yet where I'll be or what I'll be doing next year. If I couldn't be there, that would be what my CFII called "major suckitude." :(:(:(:(:(

BTW, why'd we move it back a week again? It's HOT down there in Arkansas in the summer dontcha know?

That would be great. :yes: I had no idea who you were, and I didn't know what to call you on the picture I posted of you on the photo page. :redface:

:hairraise: There must be a story there, but I'm not sure if I want to know. ;)

Sorry! The name is Will - just include me in with Lance, Bill/Brent and the rest of the Mooney club.

My youngest puppy was ill on Sunday, and threw up on wife right as I rotated off the turf on Sunday morning. Needless to say the air vents were all the way open for the next 2.5hrs!

Sorry! The name is Will - just include me in with Lance, Bill/Brent and the rest of the Mooney club.

OK :) I'll run over to the photo section of our fly-in web site and change it to your real name. :yes:
My youngest puppy was ill on Sunday, and threw up on wife right as I rotated off the turf on Sunday morning. Needless to say the air vents were all the way open for the next 2.5hrs!
Poor puppy. :(

BTW, why'd we move it back a week again? It's HOT down there in Arkansas in the summer dontcha know?
Diana said she wanted someone to come up with a date. I know that the first weekend in June conflicts with Rockford, Clow, and AOPA get-togethers/airshows, and Father's Day 2009 is later than normal. We could do it the last weekend in May 2010, I suppose.

Diana said she wanted someone to come up with a date. I know that the first weekend in June conflicts with Rockford, Clow, and AOPA get-togethers/airshows, and Father's Day 2009 is later than normal. We could do it the last weekend in May 2010, I suppose.
Some people have kids in school till after that weekend. I think the weekend that Grant picked is the best one. :yes: That is why one person needs to pick a weekend and we need to go with it. Several folks have already made their reservations. See you then. :cheerswine:

yea the first weekend in june is birthday/wedding anniversary hell for me usually. I like the 2nd weekend, before fathers day, much better.

Some people have kids in school till after that weekend. I think the weekend that Grant picked is the best one. :yes: That is why one person needs to pick a weekend and we need to go with it. Several folks have already made their reservations.

Some of them, for the wrong weekend!!! (Gil, did Gaston's get a hold of you? We noticed yours was for the 1st weekend next year...)

Some of them, for the wrong weekend!!! (Gil, did Gaston's get a hold of you? We noticed yours was for the 1st weekend next year...)

I think that's when the Y(a)k-Pack flies in. Unless you're prepared to do aerobatics with a group of radial-engined Soviet trainers, you'd probably better reschedule :)

Plus ya gotta space these things out. I have the FlyBQ 3rd weekend in May so as not to be too close to Gastons. And 6y9er is later so as not to be to close to Osh.

Which brings up an announcement:

Any complaints about event management decisions MUST be referred to the customer service department, consisting of Troy, Nick, Kent, and me (and I wish I had Brook get a picture of us), and nowhere and to no one else.

We will handle your complaint with the gentle care it deserves.

Any complaints about event management decisions MUST be referred to the customer service department, consisting of Troy, Nick, Kent, and me (and I wish I had Brook get a picture of us), and nowhere and to no one else.

:D

:cheerswine:

I believe that just about covers it! :yes:

Does that include complaints about the event name? :D :D :D :D :D

I would love to take a picture of you guys. :yes: Thank you for thinking of me.

Back