Gaston's VI 2009 Attendance

I'm new to POA but I've been an Arkansan for all of my 46 years and I had never heard that there was such a big Fly-In at Gaston's. This is great. My 601XL will, God willing, be ready in time for 2009.

I'm new to POA but I've been an Arkansan for all of my 46 years and I had never heard that there was such a big Fly-In at Gaston's. This is great. My 601XL will, God willing, be ready in time for 2009.
Where in Arkansas do you live?

We've been having this particular fly-in since 2004. I hope you can join us in 2009. :)

Diana,

I live in El Dorado which is about as far South as you can go and not be in Louisiana.

If my plane is finished you can count on me to be there. If not I'll see you in 2010.

Diana,

I live in El Dorado which is about as far South as you can go and not be in Louisiana.

If my plane is finished you can count on me to be there. If not I'll see you in 2010.

Gig, if your 601XL is not ready in time, just let us know and someone will be tickled to drop by ElDo and pick you up. It's that kind of fly-in.

Gig, if your 601XL is not ready in time, just let us know and someone will be tickled to drop by ElDo and pick you up. It's that kind of fly-in.
I don't have time to fly from California. Could you send the Citation, please?

Thanks,

-Felix

I don't have time to fly from California. Could you send the Citation, please?

Felix, you should charter Mari to fly you to Gaston's and back next year. That way she'll have to show up! :D

But, will a 135 certificate be required? :D

I'm pretty sure that's not going to be a problem for her. ;)

It's not like you're going to be flying the plane, that's what you're paying her to do since you don't have time! :D

Cool, I'll keep that in mind. But, if I don't have my plane finished in a year I probably won't be in any sort of mood to be at a fly-in. Or around other humans for that matter.

Well, the weekend of the 10th would be possible for me, since I don't have any conflicts...and FRM-3M0 doesn't seem that bad a trip. I'll have to (tentatively) mark it down.

Well, after seeing all the pics from this year's fly-in and how fun it looks/ sounds, I think my dad and I will try to make it down there, but we probably won't know for sure for another couple of months.

Cool there will be 2 601s on the line. Knock Wood.

Well, the weekend of the 10th would be possible for me, since I don't have any conflicts...and FRM-3M0 doesn't seem that bad a trip. I'll have to (tentatively) mark it down.

Put me down for an extra maybe. But probably more on the no side, than yes side, even if I have a plane by then.

we will be there this time:yes:

Diana,

We had a nicely restored J3 Cub at the fly in two years ago( not with our group, but fit right in), I'm pretty sure he was from El Dorado.

I'll get the website updated within the month.

To the average person, we must be crazy.

We spend months and each individually probably spend more hours in planning these gettogethers than we actually spend at them.

If Gaston's is anything like 6Y9, then yep, they really are that much fun.

All,

Carol and I are planning on it.... had fun last year.

Okay, someone had to start the thread for the 2009 Gaston's VI get-together, and I thought it might as well be me.

Dates: June 11th - 14th, 2009 (2nd weekend in June, weekend BEFORE Father's Day)

Place: Gaston's White Water Resort, 3M0 (www.gastons.com)

List so far:
Ed Guthrie
Grant & Leslie Prellwitz

Gaston's White River Resort, you mean? Or did you punch in Three Mike Oscar instead of Three Mike Zero? :rofl:

Hey Larry, how was your Bonanza fly-in last month at Gaston's?

Diana,

It didn't work out at all. The hurricane dumped tons of water there for our arrival day, so we cancelled. We ended up at Boyne Mountain in MI and had a ball, great place, lots of fun and the runway is right there.

We got in a bit of a ****ing contest with Gastons, in that they said that they would transfer our deposits to a future date. We got only one back, and that was a partial, since they rented that cottage. They would not transfer the deposits forward, so, as a group we will probably not return there. I've got no problem with their policy, but it's fair to negotiate what's best for our members, and I would expect Gaston's to stand behind what they say. We had an incident similar about 12 years ago, where they totally botched the evening steak dinner which made a lot of folks angry. We have several members that will not go there no matter what, which is a shame, because it really is a lovely place.

I like the place a lot, but wish they were a bit more user friendly with their policies and promises. As a group, we will never return.

As for our Gastons VI deal, I'm planning on making it. It's a lot of fun and I can overlook their problems.

My only issue is that I have a trip out of the country on the weekend of June 11 thru 14, so I'm hoping that a different weekend will be chosen.

Larry

Larry, hope you can make it for G VI. you know someone has to bring the Natty Light :)

Hi Everyone,
I'm new here on this board. Used to post a little on the AOPA board but then got busy and they get a little ????, well, you know. Dave Taylor has told me about Gastons and this board so here I am.
I'm considering coming to the Fly In for the first time this coming June 2009. Might plan to come in a day early to give me room in case of bad weather and also so that I don't have to deal with the "traffic" as much as a first timer into the field.
I've watched some of the videos so I have a bit of a head's up about the approach.
See ya - most likely, I hope.

Oops, missed the final step for the map thingy - hope it's here this time :)

Hi Everyone,
I'm new here on this board. Used to post a little on the AOPA board but then got busy and they get a little ????, well, you know. Dave Taylor has told me about Gastons and this board so here I am.
I'm considering coming to the Fly In for the first time this coming June 2009. Might plan to come in a day early to give me room in case of bad weather and also so that I don't have to deal with the "traffic" as much as a first timer into the field.
I've watched some of the videos so I have a bit of a head's up about the approach.

Hey Jeanie! Welcome to the PoA forum. :)

I hope you can make it to Gaston's. I look forward to meeting you. :yes:

Great!

What type aircraft will you be flying?

Don't worry, we allow all types (well, except for those p-barons).

:rolleyes:

Hi Everyone,

I have a sweet little Cessna 152 II I call "Julie" - 4.8 gph - sloooooooooow but steady (unless there is any wind or minor burbles of air) Ha!

152s are plenty welcome. As Steve correctly pointed out, P-Barons are banned from Gaston's, or at least Felix's is. ;)

I have a sweet little Cessna 152 II I call "Julie" - 4.8 gph - sloooooooooow but steady (unless there is any wind or minor burbles of air) Ha!

Well you can always hope for a tailwind each way. Looks like Gaston's will add another state to your list as well. But it seems to me that you need to cross the Mason-Dixon line by airplane in the future, eh? Might want to wait a few months though, it's a balmy -5F right now in Minneapolis.

Back