Gaston's Fly-In 2016 - Thursday Oct 13 - Sunday October 16

My good friend from Dallas motivated me to make a greater effort to get to Gastons next year. If I can find someone to fly along with me to remind me to take my meds, I will be there. I still want to make a few more trips into Thunder Ridge with those that didn't get to go, and wanted to.

We should be in Branson for the Beech Aero Club around those dates. I hope to finally make Gastons! I'll RSVP for two.

13 down, 12 to go. :D

Ahh, 13 down. So now you know you have no idea WTF to do, but you do know it's important to greet boys at the door with a 12-gauge. :D

Ahh, 13 down. So now you know you have no idea WTF to do, but you do know it's important to greet boys at the door with a 12-gauge. :D

Yeah, that's knocking on the door, so to speak. She hasn't turned totally alien yet, though.

Just toss the boy a shotgun shell as he walks up the sidewalk. He'll catch it, look at it, then give you a funny look.

Explain clearly that it travels much faster if she's crying when they get back or if it's after whatever curfew you assign.

Just toss the boy a shotgun shell as he walks up the sidewalk. He'll catch it, look at it, then give you a funny look.

Explain clearly that it travels much faster if she's crying when they get back or if it's after whatever curfew you assign.

I've got my talk figgered out already.

"Boy, I'm not the one you need to worry about - I'll just kill you. Her mom's the one you best be scared of."

:D

This is why I own a plane, and rent other things.

I just hope mine come with a warranty. I also will make sure to indoctrinate them to like planes, cars, guns, classical music, etc. This is acceptable I assume.

Aw... prairie sh**! I had hoped to make this my first trip to Gaston's as my second or third fly-in but I'll be in in Prague then Vienna during this time.

Hope to meet some of you at 6Y9 and OSH next year!

Dan

original.jpg

Its official, I'm going to be attending my first POA fly-in!! They put me in cabin #7, I can't wait to meet everyone!! Now the pressure's really on to find a plane for the whole family which will be +1 hahaha.

Well, now!

Look forward to meeting you. (And I'm serious as a heart attack).

Been wanting to hit one of these Gaston meetups for a while, but they were always scheduled while I was away at work. As it turns out, the way my schedule is now, I'll be in the States. I might have to do a trip up there with the T-craft and/or Tango.

Of course, I can pretty much guarantee that my schedule will change. We'll just have to see if it puts me out at that period of time.

Thats a long walk to Cabin 6!

Yep. That is the only location where they have the smaller cabins.
I asked for a room as close to the obnoxious pilot group that comes in every year. That was the best he could do.

So will we see the Cirrus on the grass?

We have to raise enough to cover his insurance deductible to pull the chute.

Then he can have the "A B.R.S. Saved my ASS on GRASS!" t-shirt.

Maybe.
After seeing the field last time, I don't think the grass is an issue.

If the stars align, I would like to be in something a little less expensive and with my name on the title. That is going to take a lot of planning and hard work though.

We'll see.

Maybe.

If the stars align, I would like to be in something a little less expensive and with my name on the title. That is going to take a lot of planning and hard work though.

We'll see.

You need a twin. A second engine is better than a parachute. :D

Maybe.

We'll see.

My Archer will be for sale around may. Ain't no fancy Cirrus, but it's one helluva example of an economical bird at the top of the speed range.

My Archer will be for sale around may. Ain't no fancy Cirrus, but it's one helluva example of an economical bird at the top of the speed range.

Thats a pretty plane. A little out of my reach though.

Well maybe I will fly low to Gastons in the RV

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back