Gaston's Fly-In 2016 - Thursday Oct 13 - Sunday October 16

I'm thinking of booking the larger cabin for 2017 now.
Crazy things are booking this far in advance

I'm thinking of booking the larger cabin for 2017 now.
Crazy things are booking this far in advance
We'll go in on it with you. We plan to be there starting Thursday, but you may want to book the cabin starting Friday in case we can't get enough interested in coming that early. Though with only 4 bedrooms, I don't think that's as much of a problem as 10.

I'll be attending if I can get off. I can't bid for vacation until next year sometime since I'm new.

Cough cough....uhg..... Hack, burp, spit....boss, I've been taking Benadryl and the doc just gave me a script. I'm self grounded this weekend.

The Villa (10 room) wasn't available. We might be able to get one of the 4 bedroom Lodges or Cottage though. I don't know that the Conference Lodge was ruled out, but it would be an extra expense ($540/day) that everyone would need to chip in for, as opposed to a common area that someone would be much more likely to donate to the common cause.
Rates are at http://www.gastons.com/rates.php

Odd pricing, if you ask me. Comparing the various accommodations on a per-couple basis:

The "Bedroom Accommodations" are $91.50 or $105 per night.

The "Standard" or "Standard-Deluxe" fit one couple with one bed and one bath at $162 or $169/night.

The "Ultra-Deluxe" is $260/night, or $130/night/couple with one bed/bath apiece.

Lodge I is $695/night or $174/night/couple. I'm not sure what the difference even is between that and Lodge II, which is $810 or $203/couple. :dunno:

The Cottage is $885, or $221/couple. Ouch.

And then the villa is $1430, back down to $143/couple.

Jesse, Lin, Kelsey and I were in an Ultra-Deluxe which does have a much larger living room than the Deluxe that we all hung out in, but is quite a bit farther down the flight line. Not far at all past where the Cottage, Villa, etc were though. So, I guess that's another option.

We'll go in on it with you. We plan to be there starting Thursday, but you may want to book the cabin starting Friday in case we can't get enough interested in coming that early. Though with only 4 bedrooms, I don't think that's as much of a problem as 10.

Did you see the date, Grant? LOL

Reservations made...13th thru 16th...cabin 5...I asked for a cabin as far away as possible from Troy and, just like this year, they said everyone else already beat me to them! :goofy:

Reservations made...13th thru 16th...cabin 5...I asked for a cabin as far away as possible from Troy and, just like this year, they said everyone else already beat me to them! :goofy:

:rofl:

Laurie and I already can't wait!

I can smell you already!

Just keep Danielle out of my cabin next year please!

She and I agreed that we're really getting to be too close knit of a group when:

a. She walks into my cabin at 5am and I don't think there is anything odd about that.

And

b. She doesn't think it's odd that I'm sleeping on "her" couch. :goofy:

We definitely have way too much fun even without a trip to the dam. :)

(And that's all I'll say about that!)

Just keep Danielle out of my cabin next year please!

She and I agreed that we're really getting to be too close knit of a group when:

a. She walks into my cabin at 5am and I don't think there is anything odd about that.

And

b. She doesn't think it's odd that I'm sleeping on "her" couch. :goofy:

We definitely have way too much fun even without a trip to the dam. :)

(And that's all I'll say about that!)

Dude! I still can't believe you messed up my date.

I don't think ever in my life have I made a commitment (i.e. reservations with cancellation penalty) so far out in the future. Ever.
Yet, Sue and I are booked for Cabin 11 for G MMXVI

What are the chances of having it moved back to June?

What are the chances of having it moved back to June?

Most folks I talked to agreed that October was way better. I'm one of them - the fact it was in October this year was a large part of why we went.

Look at previous posts of mine when it was in June. :D

Man looks like I missed out on some late night events. Maybe I don't want to know :D

Late night events are okay. It's the early morning ones that you don't want video.

Looks like Hillary and I will have a new attendee with us next year, a very small one at that ;)

Excellent news and congratulations! As you saw, there are no shortage of people there who like to hold babies! :)

Thanks!!! I'm a combination of excited and fearing for my life.

It's 9 months of wondering what you're going to do followed by 25 years of really wondering WTF to do. :)

Looks like Hillary and I will have a new attendee with us next year, a very small one at that ;)
Sounds like you weren't really "missing" the late night events after all! We missed the late night happenings because 3 year olds are exhausting! But worth every minute. Congrats!

Sounds like you weren't really "missing" the late night events after all!

Well, we'll know for sure if they show up next year and the kid's name is Gaston...or Trout...or...

:goofy:

But I seriously doubt it was a "Gaston's baby" though. At least I certainly didn't hear a 2 am Aria coming from the next cabin!

(Congrats you two!!!)

Last edited:

Congrats!

Hoping I can convince my wife that we are required to go next year, but it's a bit early for us to make a reservation right now.

Back