Gaston's Fly-In 2016 - Thursday Oct 13 - Sunday October 16

Yeeehaaaw!

It'd be great to have you guys. There's an RV park just down the road on the river.

I saw that. Vaca time is getting used up quickly so I will have to see what happens.

I saw that. Vaca time is getting used up quickly so I will have to see what happens.

You can travel at ground speeds while still getting the same mileage as the 310! :D

Not likely. 8 mpg on a good day

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I think I've scheduled off the week between Windwood and Gastons. It'll depend on Leslie's situation at the time, though. Problem is, I don't know if a new job will make attendance more or less likely!

Love me some sporting clays! Wife has a Benelli 20ga. Nice shooter!

Back on topic- can't wait for Gaston's 2016!

I have my reservation for the 14, 15, and the 16 I think. My son called and said that he made them for me. So I will be there if all goes like it should.

Now, THAT is what I call, "Good news"!

I have my reservation for the 14, 15, and the 16 I think. My son called and said that he made them for me. So I will be there if all goes like it should.

Fantastic Bob! Are you flying your 182, or commercial? If the latter, I bet if you fly into DFW you can catch a ride with one of us!

I plan on flying my 182 back so I can give some rides into Thunder Ridge. I have been told by some that missed the opportunity last time they wanted to do that.

I am so looking forward to getting back to Gastons another time. I am excited and it is still four months away. I hope we have some VFR for my trip. Spike do you know who is in charge of good weather in the POA?

Is it six yet? :cool:

How+About+No.jpg

Yeeehaaaw!

It'd be great to have you guys. There's an RV park just down the road on the river.

I am looking at three spots, Cooper John's looks nice and great place to fish, Bull shores looks ok but Oakland appears to be booked. Have not as yet broached this subject with the PIC. Time will tell.

I would be the one in the low flying RV!!!!

Got a cabin booked today. Looking forward to our first Gaston's experience. You yahoos better be fun ;)

Questions:

1. What do we need to bring?
2. Do you like your homebrew light or dark?
3. Do you like your homebrew bottled or kegged?

Last edited:
Got a cabin booked today. Looking forward to our first Gaston's experience. You yahoos better be fun ;)

Questions:

1. What do we need to bring? BEER
2. Do you like your homebrew light or dark? Light & Dark
3. Do you like your homebrew bottled or kegged? Bottled

we're no fun at all. I don't know where you got the idea that Gaston's is fun.

Does bottled beer do okay in an airplane? I've never hauled any, and I must say I'm a little leery of transporting a couple cases by plane. A keg o' beer is lighter and stronger.

we're no fun at all. I don't know where you got the idea that Gaston's is fun.

Should I cancel?

Nahhh...we like new people to pick on. We get tired of only having Bryan to abuse. :cool:

I don't think you'll have any problems with bottles.

Nahhh...we like new people to pick on.

Pick on me huh? And here I was, kindly offering hand crafted brewski by the keg and/or case. Tough crowd. :eek2:

Nah, I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully you can find it in your hearts to accept a portly redneck from Podunk.

Last edited:
Bottled beer will fly fine... At least 6PC's did last year.

Bottled and kegs should be okay, but I had some stainless growlers that didn't like the pressure change...ended up with rounded bottoms. Glass growlers seemed fine, but Wx kept me very low last time, ymmv. If you have some high pressure beers, just keep them in a cooler on ice for an additional margin of safety.

Bottled beer will fly fine... At least 6PC's did last year.

Bottled and kegs should be okay, but I had some stainless growlers that didn't like the pressure change...ended up with rounded bottoms. Glass growlers seemed fine, but Wx kept me very low last time, ymmv. If you have some high pressure beers, just keep them in a cooler on ice for an additional margin of safety.

Roger.

Brewin' a batch right now just for Gaston's. :cheers:

I've been following your thread on the red board. Real bummer.

Back