Gaston's Fly-In 2016 - Thursday Oct 13 - Sunday October 16

Ouch! What happened? Collapse and a prop stop :eek:

Arggh.

I may, for the first time in over ten years, have to miss this one. Schedule issues.

If I come, it will be ad hoc.

Spike, did I read that right that you might not make it? You are one of the reasons I am trying to make it.

Spike, did I read that right that you might not make it? You are one of the reasons I am trying to make it.

Bob:

If need be, you can hire someone local to kick my ass! :)

Joking aside, I will likely have to leave Saturday, but still intend to try to make it. It is, after all, my family whom I come to see!

We've got the cabin booked and are showing up one way or another. But we may end up having to drive, depending on what happens with the 414's props.

Too bad you can't string a hammock between the tie down rings of two adjacent cessnas's.

Bummer, I saw video from another fly in there and people were camping with their planes. Perhaps that has changed....

Gastons has let people camp during fly-in's before. Not sure why they wouldn't during this one unless it's the new management making the change.

Who wants to do a Screech-In this year? Laurie and I are Screechers, which makes us qualified.

Plan for us is to drive down. Even if we have the funds raised for the new propellers on the 414, we won't have them on the plane in time.

@Ted DuPuis -- you know it's a long day when I look at your post about a Screech-In and my brain jumps to the guy from Saved by the Bell.

Screech = Newfoundland rum
Screecher = honorary Newfoundlander
Screech-in = the process of becoming an honorary Newfoundlander

Aha! I make my appearance at last. Our 3 month old "trout", is a girl, and her name is Clara Marie. I'm planning on coming down on Friday, leaving Sunday. What cabin will I be dropping her off for babysitting?

Screech = Newfoundland rum
Screecher = honorary Newfoundlander
Screech-in = the process of becoming an honorary Newfoundlander

I'll bring blue paint for our noses. Oh wait, wrong province. Not that it matters, they're all the same anyway. :D

I thought you were being funny.
Anchors... on the picture, Gaston is in the middle of the ocean...

Haha! That would have been funny. Sadly, I'm not as witty as you, sir. Or perhaps I'm so witty, I don't even know when I'm being witty.

Speaking of gaston's
Will there be someone kind enough to volunteer to ferry my wife and I from Mountain Home to Gaston's?
If not, we will just chill for the weekend at that other airfield and chat w/ y'all on CTAF.

If I'm there you know I can do that.
Will you let me ride in the front seat if I promise to be quiet?

I still laugh at your comment sometimes: "Andrew is wearing a nicer shirt than you and probably doesn't want dog hair on it. You get in the back"

You and her are gonna have to fight about that.

Yup, I can help ferry people too. And... the van from Gaston's works too, if you have lots of bags or such.

Booked for Friday - Sunday. Only 2 rooms left he says. Get 'em while they last! And I'm happy to ferry anyone if i get to fly this year.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Until they change their reservation/cancellation policy you won't see me ever making a reservation.

Back