Gaston's Departure Thread

Brent, I'm confused. :D Are you in Arkansas?

I don't know about Tony. :D Sometimes he posts really late and really early. He might be full of cookies right now and could be sleepy. :D

Hi Diana,

Yep, we are here in AR:) and it sounds like I'll be a ok this evening--thanks!

Brent

Y.T. with Troy's f.i.l. Larry

we had nice trip on top at 9K this am, yesterday I nibbled the edge of some wx all the way to Sherman

I raise a cold one in salute to Dr. Dave, who so generously offered a right-seat ride in the Wooden Wonder from Sherman (KGYI) to Gastons for my father-in-law, Larry. Larry flew AA sardine can from Seattle to DFW to attend Gastons with us this year, and Dr. Dave made it a trip he'll never forget. Thanks, Dave! You're the man! And the chocolate chip cookies you made were FANTASTIC.

Last edited:
I'm filed. Should be underway within the hour. Heading to the airport now. See y'all.

We're taking off from the farm in 10 minutes. Kim is taking off from Gardner in a few minutes. I hope she can beat the storms.

Leaving Burlington IA in a short while, should be at Gaston's noon or so (or Mountain Home).

Diana and Tom were forced to land at Mount Vernon, MO. Ceilings are down to 400'. They're 76 nm from Gaston's. I'll post another update if I hear back from Diana again.

She just sent a text saying that they are heading for Monett (HFJ).

Diana and Tom are on the ground at HFJ, with sounds of thunder in the background. (No wonder, looking at the weather map!)

With the wx moving in from the west, I'm gonna stay on the ground and see what happens in a couple hours.

She just sent a text saying that they are heading for Monett (HFJ).
Thanks for posting for me Brian. :)

Gosh, the ceilings were lower than forecast and we couldn't keep going south. So we finally headed for Monett for a hangar and nice FBO. Looks like we'll be here for several hours.

Bill Crissinger called from Bolivar. They got down to north of PLK and had to turn around. His Citabria is in a hangar now and he's eating at the airport cafe.

I hope that Kim is okay...anyone heard from her?

Thanks for posting for me Brian. :)

Gosh, the ceilings were lower than forecast and we couldn't keep going south. So we finally headed for Monett for a hangar and nice FBO. Looks like we'll be here for several hours.

Bill Crissinger called from Bolivar. They got down to north of PLK and had to turn around. His Citabria is in a hangar now and he's eating at the airport cafe.

I hope that Kim is okay...anyone heard from her?

I *THINK* I just heard someone talking to her on LiveATC about 5-10 mins ago. I couldn't hear her, but someone was in the pattern and I *think* they said something like "Where are you Kim?" and they were trading weather reports.

LOL!! Yeah, they are definitely talking to Kim. She is on her way in right now. And they are asking about you, too.. ha..

diverted to Lebanon MO landed 12:15 weather looked bad ahead & flight watch said the storms could arrive about the time we'd get to Gastons. We enjoyed the FBO's broasted chicken lunch and are hanging out without hail damage worries. There is a 150 here with a bent up wingtip due to storms when it was tied down recently-- I should get a pic.

Glad we were a little behind because this works well getting stuck here. 1 hr flight left. Planning BPK. Sorry I opened the cheese curds already :)

If someone would be kind enough, please let Lance F. know I contacted the resort a few minutes ago and they should have a key for him for cabin 3.

Thanks!

We took the courtesy car and drove to Pierce City to Freda Mae's Tea Room and had a great lunch. The Tea Room is really quaint and is built from the rubble (bricks and wood) from the damage from the bad tornado that hit the city a few years ago and destroyed most of the downtown.

It may be a few hours before we can leave here and head for Gaston's.

Justin just sent me a text msg that he made the flight and is on his way. He's just a bit excited. :)

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the ride. Right now, I'm coming to you live from FL200:D
As long as my connecting flight isn't delayed, I'll be arriving at XNA at 7:30pm. The only FBO airnav shows is Regional Jet Center, I assume that's where I'm meeting Felix?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the ride. Right now, I'm coming to you live from FL200:D
As long as my connecting flight isn't delayed, I'll be arriving at XNA at 7:30pm. The only FBO airnav shows is Regional Jet Center, I assume that's where I'm meeting Felix?

Assuming he can get out of 3M0.

Is anyone keeping an eye out for Ted's sense of direction? Hubby spotted him on the East Coast at BDR shortly after he posted this. Do we need to call him "WRONG WAY DuPuis"?

Blame NY TRACON on that one. They routed me out that way. We weren't exactly thrilled with that routing. :)

Leaving the house for the airport. Should get there before lunch time! Only one sole on board. Morgan Mara couldn't get off work to come along.

Best,

Dave

Thanks for grabbing that screen shot, Gary. I'm fastest :D (ground speed anyways.)

Every party has to end sometime....I bet they are a tired bunch. Wishing them ALL a safe flight home.

I'm glad that FlightAware page worked out well for everyone, it's pretty cool to see everyone on one screen.

I'm glad that FlightAware page worked out well for everyone, it's pretty cool to see everyone on one screen.

Thanks for setting that up, PJ; now, all we need is YOU to show up!

OBTW, how did your 172 adventures in North Texas work out?

Oh, and I added 5 new states to my map this weekend: Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Illinois, and Deleware. Not exactly next door to eachother. ;)

Back