Gaston's Departure Thread

Looks like jesse made it. There are currently no attendees on flight plans right now anywhere in the country.

N9872A. Departing DBQ at 1945Z ETA Gaston's 2245Z. VFR flight plan. Someone PLEASE remind me to close it. See you all in a bit.

N8483F will be leaving MSN roughly around 21:00Z

Say I magically arrive tonight, but right now I don't want to call and get a room... how late is someone in the office at Gaston's that I could add on a night to my room at the last minute?

Alternatively, later today if there is a miracle and it is still like 7 p.m. I will just call them...

kate,

just fly down. we'll find you a room.

Steve & family
Ed Guthrie & friend
Y.T. with Troy's f.i.l. Larry
Spike, Tommy
Jesse, Tris, Javier
all here

we had nice trip on top at 9K this am, yesterday I nibbled the edge of some wx all the way to Sherman

Attachments

• track.JPG
    track.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Felix and I are now going to be out of KARR at 5. BTW, I'm hunting for some floor space for this evening only...I do have a sleeping bag and pillow:smile:

See you guys soon,

Brent

Kate, the office stays open until 10pm. If you plan to arrive after that they will make arrangements to leave you a key. Just give them a call. They offered to do that for us. You might want to verify that your room is available a day early, or if they need to move you.

In any case, what Tony says holds.

Say I magically arrive tonight, but right now I don't want to call and get a room... how late is someone in the office at Gaston's that I could add on a night to my room at the last minute?

Alternatively, later today if there is a miracle and it is still like 7 p.m. I will just call them...

Felix and I are now going to be out of KARR at 5. BTW, I'm hunting for some floor space for this evening only...I do have a sleeping bag and pillow:smile:

See you guys soon,

Brent

Brent,

Leah and I are rooming with Adam and Ted. I bet we have floor space. I also bet that other people have floor space. Looking forward to meeting you!

We're at Gastons! Beautiful here, smell of freshly cut grass, runway is in good shape. The flight was pretty easy, IFR playing in the tops most of the time. The IR sure made this a hell of a lot more enjoyable.

Ted's back up, looks like someone from GA, presumably Lance is up also:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 3m0.JPG
    3m0.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 134
leaving work now, then home to pick up tiedowns, then to airport, then to gastons. see you all tonight.

Ok Bill and brent have 4kts on Ted but are 2K higher and now Ted's climibing we'll see if he picks up some speed. must be a nasty head wind.

Yowza! Ted just picked up 7 kts over the Mooney Its a race!

ACK whats wrong with me why am I following this like I am?:nono:

IIRC, both planes should true-out pretty close to the same speed. Flight planning (altitude selection) and smooth descent will be the key to this race!

I wonder if they know they are so close to each other? Enquiring minds want to know!!!

Grant and Leslie are up!

attachment.php

Attachments

• 3m0.JPG
    3m0.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 150
Felix and I are most likely going to need a ride from BPK (and some cold pizza, if there is any left:) as Chicago has 1hr+ delays...

Leaving from 79C (Oshkosh area) at about 2320Z tonight, heading south. Plan on staying somewhere enroute overnight; will pipe up if that changes! C172B, N7415X

Kent is almost there...just a few minutes more. I'm waiting to see if I can hear him on the LiveATC link. I just heard Ted a few minutes ago.

I was putting my daughters to bed,.. was Ted departing to Oklahoma now?

Listening for someone on the ATC Feed,... should here them soon, they are decending....

gary,.. is this what our next few days are to be like? If so, I think we need help.... :rofl:

Oh,... sugar cookies are good here at the house, next year I'll have to bake some for the trip to compete with Tony and Tristan...

Can anyone else make out what they are saying on the live atc feed.....its very garbled

We just got home....been across the street with a few neighbors......I was glad to get back and see who got in and who was in the air.....gezzz I need a life!

Can anyone else make out what they are saying on the live atc feed.....its very garbled

We just got home....been across the street with a few neighbors......I was glad to get back and see who got in and who was in the air.....gezzz I need a life!

+1 heard some calls but coul dnot understand a thing

Amy and I are departing Friday AM. I couldn't get my checkride scheduled for today, so Gaston's '09 will be my last big trip as a VFR-only pilot. Y'all can quiz me this weekend to make sure I'm ready for the oral.

We'll be in the C140, so we'll probably be about 5h flying time enroute from AMW. ETD is 8am or so, so with a lunch break/fuel stop, we'll be there by 2ish.

We'll need a place to stay. Bed, floor, whatever is available.

Can't wait!

M

Plan for N57039 is departure about 10:15AM EDT. Looks like 20+ headwinds and a stationary front to pass through. Sigh.

Plan for N57039 is departure about 10:15AM EDT. Looks like 20+ headwinds and a stationary front to pass through. Sigh.

Lance, I should be leaving about 10:00 central, 5189S. If you get there before I do, feel free to check-in. Cabin 3.

Safe travels.

Brent,

Leah and I are rooming with Adam and Ted. I bet we have floor space. I also bet that other people have floor space. Looking forward to meeting you!

Thanks Tony! Felix and I are getting some pizza right now, and the others are at wallmart...
See you guys soon,

Brent

Thanks Tony! Felix and I are getting some pizza right now, and the others are at wallmart...
See you guys soon,

Brent

Does that mean you made it to Gaston's, Brent? Did you find a place to stay tonight?

Does that mean you made it to Gaston's, Brent? Did you find a place to stay tonight?

Hi Diana,

Not to Gaston's yet, heading back to BPK to pickup Ted...Does Tony go to bed early? I'd say that if I can hook up with him~probably in an hour~Ill be ok...

Thanks,

Brent

Hi Diana,

Not to Gaston's yet, heading back to BPK to pickup Ted...Does Tony go to bed early? I'd say that if I can hook up with him~probably in an hour~Ill be ok...

Thanks,

Brent
Brent, I'm confused. :D Are you in Arkansas?

I don't know about Tony. :D Sometimes he posts really late and really early. He might be full of cookies right now and could be sleepy. :D

I filed for a 7:30 am departure from FCM. Should take about 3 hours enroute. N9025Q. Going to bed now.

Back