Gaston's Departure Thread

I'm glad that FlightAware page worked out well for everyone, it's pretty cool to see everyone on one screen.

Thanks for getting this set up....it was a blast tracking everyone.

Oh, and I added 5 new states to my map this weekend: Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Illinois, and Deleware. Not exactly next door to eachother. ;)

I think everyone will agree you are a flying machine, holy smokes, from ILG last night at 9:30 you headed to CT, then a turn around and back to IPT and posted at 2am on the "Home from Gastons thread".....I wanna be like you when I grow up and not need any sleep. It must be nice to be 25.......at 51 I could have napped while Mary drove Adam and I back to the house last night.....I'm an old fart.

Last edited:
Thanks for getting this set up....it was a blast tracking everyone.

Definitely, PJ, that was great (even though I only ever saw screen shots).

What would be neat for next year would be a FlightAware page of PoA planes. Since I had to make extra stops, I had legs that didn't have BPK, FLP, or 3M0 as starting or ending points. Seeing as I intend on bringing the Aztec back next year, I susepct that won't change. :)

I think everyone will agree you are a flying machine, holy smokes, from ILG last night at 9:30 you headed to CT, then a turn around and back to IPT and posted at 2am on the "Home from Gastons thread".....I wanna be like you when I grow up and not need any sleep. It must be nice to be 25.......at 51 I could have napped while Mary drove Adam and I back to the house last night.....I'm an old fart.

Yeah, we left IPT a bit before 9, got to ILG a bit before 10, out of there about 10:20, up to BDR around 11:45, out of BDR around 12:00, back on the ground in IPT after dodging a thunderstorm at 1:15, and then home at 1:30. This was after already having flown from Oklahoma to Peoria to Williamsport. It was a long day. I'll sleep during the work week to make up for it. ;)

Definitely, PJ, that was great (even though I only ever saw screen shots).

What would be neat for next year would be a FlightAware page of PoA planes. Since I had to make extra stops, I had legs that didn't have BPK, FLP, or 3M0 as starting or ending points. Seeing as I intend on bringing the Aztec back next year, I susepct that won't change. :)

Yeah, that would be ideal. However, they offered to do this for free, and I didn't want to further impose on their generosity. I'll inquire as to the cost of doing this on a more permanent basis.

Yeah, that would be ideal. However, they offered to do this for free, and I didn't want to further impose on their generosity. I'll inquire as to the cost of doing this on a more permanent basis.

I totally understand and agree that we don't want to impose on their generosity.

BTW a hearty thanks to those who cleaned up on the flight line.

Certain of our other less-wonderful proclivities notwithstanding, pilots are a tidy group who take care of the grounds. Some writer once compared "the day after" condition of the grounds at Woodstock or other famous rock concert venues with the grounds at Oshkosh. One looked like a landfill, the other had not a single scrap showing after a million people had been there for a week.

BTW a hearty thanks to those who cleaned up on the flight line.

Back