Gaston's Departure Thread

Ted

The pilot formerly known as Twin Engine Ted
Display Name

Display name:
iFlyNothing
I figured I'd get this started. We'll be among the first to be leaving tomorrow morning (which will have another post), but I'll be departing the ground before long to make tonight's rounds. Given the current weather conditions at my two stops, I've filed, so anyone who's bored can track me. :)

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N6927Y

Ted:

AdamB's flight is already listed as 45 minutes late. Not a good way to start his trip. :(

Gary

Come on with a name like Aztruck Air, how can you go wrong :)

Fly Safe, Ted. I just wanted to wish you good luck, we're all counting on you.

airplane.jpg

I'll be wheels up sometime between 09z and 16z on Friday. :D

I'm now planning on a early Friday AM departure.

-lance

I figured I'd get this started. We'll be among the first to be leaving tomorrow morning (which will have another post), but I'll be departing the ground before long to make tonight's rounds. Given the current weather conditions at my two stops, I've filed, so anyone who's bored can track me. :)

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N6927Y
Is anyone keeping an eye out for Ted's sense of direction? Hubby spotted him on the East Coast at BDR shortly after he posted this. Do we need to call him "WRONG WAY DuPuis"?

Is anyone keeping an eye out for Ted's sense of direction? Hubby spotted him on the East Coast at BDR shortly after he posted this. Do we need to call him "WRONG WAY DuPuis"?

He went to BDR and LOM to pick up passengers last night. He's on his way westbound now.

lol i love it.

Looks like some bad weather has crossed Ted's route... it will be interesting to see if they divert him around the front of the, um, front, or if they try to find a hole through it, or if he puts down somewhere else and waits it out. I'm not seeing any good holes on the FA nexrad overlay.

We're off! Filed for our first leg to pick up Javier. N8838J

Bah..I forgot the 396 at home. Tristan just went to retreive it, hopefully we'll be in the air within 20 minutes or so...

Spike has filed for an estimated departure time in 10 mins.

Weird, Spike's heading to BPK, and someone's headed from BPK to ADS.

Strange. Who is in the Bl17 (what is a BL17)? N4703V?

jesse is about to leave St. Joseph with Javier.

Weird, Spike's heading to BPK, and someone's headed from BPK to ADS.

Strange. Who is in the Bl17 (what is a BL17)? N4703V?

Bellance Super Dooper Viking. Dave Taylor.

We're leaving today out of KJOT (near Chicago) at 5pm. See you all around 7! If it's not too dark, we'll land at 3M0, otherwise, at BPK.

-Felix

We're leaving today out of KJOT (near Chicago) at 5pm. See you all around 7! If it's not too dark, we'll land at 3M0, otherwise, at BPK.

-Felix

sunset isnt until 8:30. see you there!

I wrote something that will allow me to see all the tailnumbers in the gastons fly in site enroute, instead of the airports. I'll post screen shots :D

edit: Right now, only N8838J and N7892R are up in the air.

attachment.php
As it stands now:

Attachments

• 3m0.JPG
    3m0.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 122
Leslie and I are filed in N2207R for an 1830Z departure. With us, that means we'll depart about 1900Z, especially since we haven't headed to the airport yet. We may wind up amending the route more to the west in any case.

Jesse popped back up:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 3m0.JPG
    3m0.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 116
Looks like Spike made it. There are two other targets going to KBPK, but they're not on the gastonsflyin.com attendee list, so I don't know whether they're ours. N58HB and N55019.

Looks like Spike made it. There are two other targets going to KBPK, but they're not on the gastonsflyin.com attendee list, so I don't know whether they're ours. N58HB and N55019.

Both are based at KBPK. Probably not ours.

Back