Gastons 2013 Attendance

Looks like the KA should get off the ground in about 1,800 feet at 8,000 pounds with level pavement on a 90 degree day at that elevation. Add 10% for grass. We'll have to try it a couple times and adjust for the POH charts. Of course, wet or soft, and I'll land ta BPK. Looks like this will be fun!

(BTW, that's a lot better than what the 58P performance charts were.)

Best,

Dave

You're gonna love those big mains on the grass.

Looks like the KA should get off the ground in about 1,800 feet at 8,000 pounds with level pavement on a 90 degree day at that elevation. Add 10% for grass. We'll have to try it a couple times and adjust for the POH charts. Of course, wet or soft, and I'll land ta BPK. Looks like this will be fun!

(BTW, that's a lot better than what the 58P performance charts were.)

Best,

Dave

Looking forward tp that. Compared to dragging out of there in the 58P, should be a LOT of fun.
Larry Olson still reminds me of the takeoff brief in that! After lift off, we'll continue between the tree at the end of the runway, over the fence and down the farmer's field toward the river. I think it was 45 seconds after lift off to blue line.

Best,

Dave

Somebody better get video of the KA landing and taking off!! I wanna see this. KA's are happy grass strip airplanes.

Speaking of grass... I took the 172 up today with a CFI in the right seat to do my first turf landings & takeoffs. Ryan's done a lot of flying from grass fields, mostly in tail draggers. Flew 51nm down to Auburn, NE (K01) where there's a 4000' turf runway in good condition, according to Airnav.

Since it's been raining lately, I did a low pass at about 30-40' down the left side so Ryan could check out the condition of the strip. The grass was a little long-ish, but it was fine. Climbed out, turned downwind and did a full stop, taxi back and takeoff, followed by 3 or 4 touch & gos. No sweat. I decided not to try the 1600 x 30 crosswind runway though.

Looking forward to next weekend; if the weather is anything at all like today it will be a nice trip. :)

Right now they're forecasting temps to be in the 60s and 70s the entire weekend. No rain Friday and Sat, scattered TS on Sunday.

Sounds like it'll work!

I still hope to make it down on Saturday.

That's the way to bait the trap for the fair-weather group. Hope the forecast holds up, or anything even close.

Right now they're forecasting temps to be in the 60s and 70s the entire weekend. No rain Friday and Sat, scattered TS on Sunday.

Sounds like it'll work!

Sounds like it'll work!

It rained a lot over the weekend. Around 10+" in some areas. So the runway shouldn't be as hard and dust this year.

Sadly I am not flying up this year. :( I got a intership with the Little Rock National Airport. So I will be driving up on Saturday with my girlfriend. I would fly, but I am so far out of company currency that I wouldnt be able to rent either the Maule or the Arrow. :(

I'll be flying in courtesy of a very kind PoAer who is letting me use his plane. See y'all there! I'll have 2 pax.

Sounds like it'll work!

Tim it will be fun to see you again, any plans to write on the ceiling?

Is anyone coordinating what we bring? Should I bring a cooler with some bottled water? Anything else we should coordinate. Looks like we'll get in sometime around 5 on Friday.

Best,

Dave

Definitely not going to make it, which is a heartbreaker... but here's hoping y'all have a good time.

And you upgraded from a Skylane to a King Air.

Dave: What's the useful load after full fuel and 3 bodies? Looks like we might need all of it!

Bodies your size or hers?

Dave: What's the useful load after full fuel and 3 bodies? Looks like we might need all of it!

1,000 pound payload with full fuel. We don't need 1/2 fuel for 1:30 trip; so, add 750. I think we'll be O.K. Spike and Tommy may ride with us.

Best,

Dave

With any luck I will catch a ride down there with Tim Winters on Saturday.
That is if the weather holds.

1,000 pound payload with full fuel. We don't need 1/2 fuel for 1:30 trip; so, add 750. I think we'll be O.K. Spike and Tommy may ride with us.

Best,

Dave

Gosh darn it. Here I was thinking I'd only have to thumb wrestle one pilot for the right seat. . . . .

All's you's gotta do is get the Aggie and the Teasip arguing about the Big 12 vs. the SEC and you can slip into the right seat unnoticed.

QUOTE=kimberlyanne546;1179261]Gosh darn it. Here I was thinking I'd only have to thumb wrestle one pilot for the right seat. . . . .[/QUOTE]

All that chit-chat talk-talk, and I forgot to book a cabin.

Before I do something stoopid, anyone have extra space?

I haven't booked either. Looking for a hotel room rather than cabin however.

No hotel rooms available, but a big cabin is. I'll book in the morning, and you're with us. BA da bing.

I was really trying to make it work this week and weekend to get down to the area tonight, and Gastons on Friday and out Saturday. Between work and weather today, I wouldn't be able to launch until tomorrow AM. I love flying and family and friends, but 8 hours Hobbs for 2 days of fun, with time critical stuff on both ends made it a no go. I will make it work next year, or maybe if a fall fly-in at Gaston's pops up this year. You guys have lots of fun, and throw in a little craft brew and a little physics conversation for me.:)

Back