Gaston's '08 Arrivals and pics

Aah, fond memories. Thanks Bill!

Most Excellent!

I really like the night-time picnic table shot.

Nice pictures Bill. Did anyone happen to get pictures that night we all had our drunken excursion at the Dam? Jesse...thank you for being the sober one and driving. :)

Gee one of us must have been tipsy, I thought it was Felix (who drove)!

Last edited:
What about the videographers that joined us, any output from their movie making machines?

Oh, I do have one comment...Not enough pictures of Mooneys.:D:D:D

Great pictures Bill! Out of curiosity, what camera were you shooting with? Very crisp shots.

Best,
Jason

If you mouse over the picture and click on "Photo Info" it says it's a Nikon D40.

What?!? I think I did an outstanding job. Almost got to demonstrate that it's better to hit deer head on then to slow down! :rofl:

Felix may not have been tipsy, but his driving might cause the van to be. :rofl:

What?!? I think I did an outstanding job.
You absolutely did, Felix. And Jesse, if he drove back. I just don't recall a lot of the details. I'm sure HPNfg was perfectly sober so we could ask her! But don't ask me!

You absolutely did, Felix. And Jesse, if he drove back. I just don't recall a lot of the details. I'm sure HPNfg was perfectly sober so we could ask her! But don't ask me!
Felix drove there and I was asked to drive back since Felix scared the crap out of everyone ;)

I still had some crap in me.

It was, I think, Felix's first foray into operating a vehicle of such, ahem, limited agility.

I thought he did just fine. Fortunately, of course, Felix was sober (on the way there, anyway), and Jesse was sober (at all times).

I still had some crap in me.

It was, I think, Felix's first foray into operating a vehicle of such, ahem, limited agility.

I thought he did just fine. Fortunately, of course, Felix was sober (on the way there, anyway), and Jesse was sober (at all times).
Well, I admit, driving cars bores me, so my driving style is usually a bit spirited. Just ask our Ames, IA fly-in folks who had the privilege to drive with me ;)

-Felix

Correct, Nikon D40. For a low priced DSLR, it kicks butt.

VERY interesting... I'm in the market for D-SLR for Christmas. I was looking at the 10mp cameras, but if the D40 can do THAT, then I don't need anything else.

Well, I admit, driving cars bores me, so my driving style is usually a bit spirited. Just ask our Ames, IA fly-in folks who had the privilege to drive with me ;)

Passengers in Felix's Car @ Ames said:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes: WE'RE GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

:D

-Felix

If God had not intended us to drive quickly, He would not have, in his infinite wisdom, created four valve per cylinder heads. :D

I have been known to haul a$$, and so does my Goddess-like wife. Once, she called me and told me, "Damn! I just got a ticket for 87 in a 55!"

I asked her, "So what happened?"

She responded, "I guess he clocked me after I slowed down for the exit."

---

That was common when she had the BMW; now that she drives a turbo Jetta... she still gets speeding tickets!

Felix drove there and I was asked to drive back since Felix scared the crap out of everyone ;)

And the idea of a sober PROFESSIONAL driver doing the driving seemed to scare everyone more than Felix's driving. :rolleyes:

I did quite a bit of studying of cameras, mp ratings, etc., and this guy's review of the D40 sold me.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/recommended-cameras.htm

Oh, and if you do buy this camera, this guy (professional photog) has a really good user guide detailing how to set the camera up for different situations, and his reasoning behind those settings.

Unless you're a pro using your camera to put food on the table, this little D40 will do everything you need. I used the money saved buying the D40 over something more expensive to add the excellent 55-200 VR lens, the SB-400 flash, and the little remote control for self portraits.

Great kit, I've since sold all my 35mm film stuff (most of it Olympus OM-1/2 based) except for the 1st real camera I ever bought myself, my old Minolta SR-T201 match needle manual everything camera.

VERY interesting... I'm in the market for D-SLR for Christmas. I was looking at the 10mp cameras, but if the D40 can do THAT, then I don't need anything else.

Geez, as if holding mine wasn't enough for you! :(

They are great cameras, I suppose I haven't shown you any of the pictures I took with it. :)

Back