Gaston's '08 Arrivals and pics

Glad to hear you got it on the ground safely. Enjoyed meeting you, too.

Sorry you had engine trouble. Hope the fix is a quick and effective one. :yes:

I just wanted to say thanks everyone for the hospitality, it was great to meet so many people.

Unfortunately I didn't make it home.

I just wanted to say thanks everyone for the hospitality, it was great to meet so many people.

Wow, Jeff, that sucks! Glad you found a good port to stop at and Dr. Bruce is a good one to hitch a ride with home. Hope the fix for the ailing engine is as painless as possible...

Who flew in N444KD? The R44?

This is who it is registered to, I don't think it was anyone in our group.

Registration Type:Corporation Owner:K & D Aviation Llc Address:Chelsea, OK 74016-0031
United States Region:Southwestern

I was right over vichy but from that altitude was equally well set up for jeff city where my in-laws live, so I went there.

Gosh, you too? Jefferson City must be the place to divert to. That's where Kent & I ended up in the wee hours of Friday morning because we had such a headwind and there were thunderstorms approaching. Thank you to Mark (markb5900) & family for hosting Kent and me for what was left of the night!

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Wow. Glad you made it in safely!

I'm glad that you made it down safely, Jeff. The good news is that you still hold the "shortest landing in a twin" award for the weekend, so it wasn't a total bust.

Glad you made it down safely, Jeff. I hope the rest of the trip is uneventful.

I just want to say "THANKS" to the PoA family. Being the newbies, my wife, Pauline, and I had a great time meeting many folks. Hope we see you all soon. Safe travels!

Just a couple of pictures taken early today. Things got busy pretty quick.

I'll leave it to Felix to explain the Bonanza close-up picture....:p

Looks like the guy under the plane has his hands up right about under where he would be working on the boost pump?:dunno:

This is who it is registered to, I don't think it was anyone in our group.

Registration Type:Corporation Owner:K & D Aviation Llc Address:Chelsea, OK 74016-0031
United States Region:Southwestern

I dont know which one actually own it. They rent it out. I know two guys that fly it.

Troy please upload them to the Gastons website.
Jesse, it was so easy to upload photos and captions. Thanks for setting this up. :yes: I hope more people will add their photos when time allows.

Debbie told me tonight that she took 1,400 pictures.:hairraise::hairraise::hairraise: It may take awhile to parse through them.

Looks like the guy under the plane has his hands up right about under where he would be working on the boost pump?:dunno:
Impressive...and correct. So does the other guy. I have to admit, those mechanics were pretty impressive. The guy with the feet hanging out the door was in there for 4+ hours in 90 degrees heat connecting O2, fuel, etc. lines and installing the new pump.

PS: Great picture, Steve!

Where the heck are the photos of Hayden and who has him? KENT?

Hayden spent a good part of the weekend on the picnic table at the flight line. Unfortunately, he was being his usual ornery self and there was talk of taking him skydiving without all the required equipment, if you catch my drift...

I thought he was done for at one point - I was out on the poker run and I heard a mystery airplane call on CTAF: "Attention all aircraft, Beechcraft NINER NINER NINER NOVEMBER NOVEMBER, ONE MINUTE TO JUMPERS." (You'll notice that this is Nick's reserved tail number, and is quite unique.) I said "What are you doing to Hayden???" and the only reply was "Beechcraft niner niner niner november november, JUMPERS AWAY!" :hairraise:

But when I got back to Gaston's, there he was on the picnic table.

I guess he liked the hot weather in Arkansas so much, he stowed away on a flight to Texas. :D :D :D

I am looking for a video of the wooden wonder if anyone has one I have never seen/heard her from the ground :(

Well, I haven't heard any negative feedback on the ones I emailed you, so I'll presume they're OK!
:eek: Grant, maybe my email to you is in your junk folder? I didn't like one of them. I'll send you a PM.

Hayden spent a good part of the weekend on the picnic table at the flight line. Unfortunately, he was being his usual ornery self and there was talk of taking him skydiving without all the required equipment, if you catch my drift...

I thought he was done for at one point - I was out on the poker run and I heard a mystery airplane call on CTAF: "Attention all aircraft, Beechcraft NINER NINER NINER NOVEMBER NOVEMBER, ONE MINUTE TO JUMPERS." (You'll notice that this is Nick's reserved tail number, and is quite unique.) I said "What are you doing to Hayden???" and the only reply was "Beechcraft niner niner niner november november, JUMPERS AWAY!" :hairraise:

But when I got back to Gaston's, there he was on the picnic table.

I guess he liked the hot weather in Arkansas so much, he stowed away on a flight to Texas. :D :D :D
There was a local guy I talked to, 70-something lapsed-pilot and aircraft dealer, who stopped by and asked if he could parachute in. I just told him to make sure he made plenty of announcements so we knew he was there.

I see it now. What do you mean "is OK if it can't be zoomed in"?
Grant, I like how you check for clarification. :D You are a wise man. :) I mean it's OK if it's posted like on Jesse's web site where you can't zoom in. Some of us look better if you don't zoom in. It's hard to explain in words today for some reason. ;)

Sorta like a 50' paint job? :rofl:

Grant, I like how you check for clarification. :D You are a wise man. :) I mean it's OK if it's posted like on Jesse's web site where you can't zoom in. Some of us look better if you don't zoom in. It's hard to explain in words today for some reason. ;)

What about the one I sent you of your departure from 52F?!? How soon we forget!

I still haven't been outside the airplane, "on the ground" in person when the wooden wonder flies!
As such, I am searching for any video that I can find of it.
[confession: I think the video you sent me was lost in my last HD crash..... and I do not see a CD in my files :( ]

PS: a video of a "runway inspection pass" would be worth many multiples, should anyone run across one!

Back