Gaston's '08 Arrivals and pics

rats another tick tonight, those guys are tiiiinnneee!
Ive started 100mg doxy once daily :(

I still haven't been outside the airplane, "on the ground" in person when the wooden wonder flies!
As such, I am searching for any video that I can find of it.
[confession: I think the video you sent me was lost in my last HD crash..... and I do not see a CD in my files :( ]

PS: a video of a "runway inspection pass" would be worth many multiples, should anyone run across one!

Dave, I talked to Will yesterday and he said he had some footage (possibly even of a low pass). I'm sure if you step in to fund his movie he'll give you ALL of the footage. :D ;)

Barring that, I'd be happy to come down and fly her for ya while you stand on the ground and watch. ;) :goofy:

I still haven't been outside the airplane, "on the ground" in person when the wooden wonder flies!
As such, I am searching for any video that I can find of it.
[confession: I think the video you sent me was lost in my last HD crash..... and I do not see a CD in my files :( ]

PS: a video of a "runway inspection pass" would be worth many multiples, should anyone run across one!

Dave, I'm pretty sure this is you. Check it out. For some reason the sound was lost in the encoding...but it's in the original. If you can verify that this is your plane I'll send you a link to download the full version.

http://www.gastonsflyin.com/viking.html

EDIT: Looks like I fixed the sound...

Last edited:
I might have something--I'm not sure--I didn't take much video this year.

Dave, I'm pretty sure this is you. Check it out. For some reason the sound was lost in the encoding...but it's in the original. If you can verify that this is your plane

wing lights,....clamshell main doors......hstab struts....must be me, thanks Jason! That must have been my first r.i. pass, up high to get the feel of things.

me either, thats OK though, the mac shutterbugs made up for it

Thank you Jason!

No one seemed to have gotten my best inspection pass(?), the one where I finally got some nerve about it and did the teardrop 180, next year I will have to arrange it with a videographer.

Speaking of fly-bys.. A couple people managed to catch some cool shots:
Thanks Bill:
252.jpg

255.jpg

Thanks Brook (this looks way steeper then it actually was. illusion from the clouds i think)
2571124309_a4bac6cc20.jpg

We finally got our first batch of photos on the fly-in web site. Here's a sample.

Attachments

• DSC_0821.JPG
    DSC_0821.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
We finally got our first batch of photos on the fly-in web site. Here's a sample.

All these L-19 shots are just fabulous!! I can't believe you all took so many pictures of my airplane! That's so cool.

Thank you Jason!

No one seemed to have gotten my best inspection pass(?), the one where I finally got some nerve about it and did the teardrop 180, next year I will have to arrange it with a videographer.
I LOVED that one Dave! It brought a big grin to my face because I knew that you were truly having fun doing that.

Ok the rest of mine are up.
Brook, those are really good. :yes: I like how you capture people. The colors are great in the picture of the red Howard against the blue sky and white clouds. We had such a pretty blue sky for pictures last weekend.

Brook, those are really good. :yes: I like how you capture people. The colors are great in the picture of the red Howard against the blue sky and white clouds. We had such a pretty blue sky for pictures last weekend.

Thank you Diana.

Yeah the sky was amazing. Turbulent, but amazing.

Can we see it?

Found it! Put it on YouTube:

This was Dr. Dave and Janet heading back to Marfa from a conference they attended at the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine, TX in... 2004... I believe??

Last edited:
Best Caption Award goes to Brook for:

Red White and Citablueberria
I loved that caption too! Brook has good captions. :yes:

Actually, that red inspection plate has sentimental value. It was given to me by a guy at the aerobatic contest. He had a red Pitts. He was really kind to me. :yes: It reminds me of how great some of the people were and how much they helped each other and how much they helped me. Someday I'll put a white one back on there.

You're a genius, Troy - I have to recapture that on permanent media. Thanks, buddy.

Debbie is still talking about how much fun she had flying with you, Kim. :yes::cheerswine:

She was such a delightful passenger. It is always fun to take people up who have never experienced that low and slow tail dragger thing.....She was just a dear.

Back