Flew Without My License

Perv stalking again...?

Again?

Well, okay, there was that one time. Oh, yeah the one before, too. And then, the one nobody knows about . . .

Crap, I am a perv.

Mom WAS right that afternoon she walked in on me. :rofl:

The bigger question is....did you take any reverse high-speed taxiways while operating the aircraft without a license?

The bigger question is....did you take any reverse high-speed taxiways while operating the aircraft without a license?

Not without permission at a towered field. You can be violated for that. Same as turning off on another runway...

You keep your license and medical in a bag?

Most every working pilot I know keeps that stuff in his wallet.

I have this thing I do before I get in the plane, probably looks like I'm making the sign of the cross or something, I feel for my wallet, personal cell and company cell. I also keep my headset on our paperwork so I can't forget it.

Having your certs in a carry on seems to be asking for it.

Agree with the others, forgedaboutit

They get so beat up in a wallet. I keep mine in the inside pocket of my headset case. I never fly without my headset. Problem solved.

If it was a reposition wouldn't it fall under 91 in which case you weren't required? Don't log it and you're home free!

Heck, I didnt even realize a license was required :)

They get so beat up in a wallet. I keep mine in the inside pocket of my headset case. I never fly without my headset. Problem solved.

But will your headset ever fly without you though?

Deep thoughts I know.

David

add this to your check list:

testicle, spectacles, wallet, watch

I'll have to dig up the thread.
Here is the photographic proof

We had a zombie too. It was a mess.

999961385309.jpg

Which one is you? And why is the co-pilot sans headsets?

flew part 135 in. Dropped off the pax and the FO mistakenly offloaded my bag into the pax car. Inside was my medical and license. We did a short repo (50nm'ish) and put the plane to bed to go to hotel. That's when the missing bag was discovered.

CoPilot felt horrible and ended up driving back to retrieve it, but the fact remains I flew a leg without my required docs. Would y'all fill out a NASA report over this? Thankfully I wasn't ramped.
Just send in all your tickets.....doesn't sound like you have what it takes to be a safe captain.:no::yikes::D

To get serious for a moment...

...I have an iPhoto set called "Ed Wallet Scans", synced to my iPhone.

In it are scanned images of all the important stuff in my wallet.

Could be handy if my wallet is ever lost or temporarily misplaced.

Those images may or may not convince an FAA representative - or a cop - that the license/certificate is held and valid - but I think it would be far better than nothing. At the very least having all the numbers and dates would make replacement a tad easier.

Did the same for my critical aircraft docs.

you'd lose your wallet....but, never your phone? :lol::rofl::lol:

1) Haven't lost either in recent memory. Knock on wood!

2) Also have them synced to my iPad - belt and suspenders and all that!

3) With iCloud Backup and DropBox I could lose everything (heaven forfend!) and still get them back in fairly short order.

I lost my wallet 20+ years ago (it actually turned up after I'd gone and dealt with all the credit cards and my licenses).

Back in the day the regs said the FAA would "telegraph" your replacements to you, but in the fact they sent a fax. Now they say they'll fax them, but they really just email. Getting my certificates replaced was probably about the easiest thing to do in the whole event.

Those images may or may not convince an FAA representative - or a cop - that the license/certificate is held and valid - but I think it would be far better than nothing. At the very least having all the numbers and dates would make replacement a tad easier.

Ya know what? That ain't a bad idea. Thanks!

:yeahthat: I've done the same thing. It's proved handy on several occasions.

That is a good idea. I'm almost there - I actually do have scans (PDF format) of my passport, licenses and certificates sitting on the server. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have them reside locally on my Iphone. Although I'm not exactly sure how to park them there. I suppose I could email them to myself as an attachment. Failing that I guess I could just take pictures of them and keep the photos on the phone.

You're doing it in the wrong order. As any male brought up catholic can tell you it's

Spectacles, Testicles, Wallet, and Watch

(Mnemonic for doing the sign of the cross).

add this to your check list:

testicle, spectacles, wallet, watch

Oops, Nick beat me to it.

I think there might be a few pilots in Alaska that keep "forgetting" their certificate and medical when they fly.

Do not fill out a NASA Form. You need to pay the required penalty and then you will never have to worry about it. Please send me 1 amu in unmarked bills and I will absolve you of your sins!

I am a little surprised at the things people want to fill out a NASA for. I clipped the corner of bravo airspace once. Thought about it, but decided I would answer to the music if I was ever questioned. What was someone going to learn? To stay out of the bravo by not climbing too quickly?

Why would you ever admit in writing to something that no one could ever know about. Does the co pilot dislike you? Would he turn you in. Can you imagine the response from the faa for tuning a pilot in for a flight without his Certs on him? If they don't have more important things to work on, we need to eliminate some positions.

I hope you at least filed a flight plan. If not may god have mercy on your soul.

Is there any requirement that the co pilot report your infraction, since he knows about it personally?

And if he does not, do you have a duty to report his failure?

You flew without your license?! Wow! Your a real daredevil. I made a zerox copy of mine, put it in the glove compartment or hid it somewhere in the airplane. have never been asked for it in fifty years.

That is a good idea. I'm almost there - I actually do have scans (PDF format) of my passport, licenses and certificates sitting on the server. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have them reside locally on my Iphone. Although I'm not exactly sure how to park them there. I suppose I could email them to myself as an attachment. Failing that I guess I could just take pictures of them and keep the photos on the phone.

I think thats a good idea too. Ed- Can I have those scans after you send them to Sac Arrow? :)

POA has really became a source of entertainment. While I was in flight training I read a ton of posts and learned quite a bit - but kept my mouth shut.

now I see more asking for handouts and threads like this ..... The longest thread attempt, the shortest thread attempt, I'm military please pay my flight training, and how fast do you go on final... nice

Back