Flew Without My License

I sure hope that's not the end of the internet Nate. I will be sorely disappointed. Where do you find these things?

Heh. Well I knew of the song and Googled. The song (and album) are on my music players somewhere in the thousands of songs.

The Bobs have been a comedy acapella group for a couple of decades.

Finding a dumb school film class team's video to go along with the song, was just a modern Internet bonus!

That particular album and the ones around that time frame are a period of top notch writing by the Bobs back when Janey-Bob was still with them, and their bass was utterly incredible.

Highly recommended tunes from them:

- Please Let Me Be Your Third World Country (Politically Correct)

- Helmet

- Bulky Rhythm

- Dictator In A Polo Shirt

- Now I Am A Hippie Again

Most of those are on their 1988 album, Songs For Tomorrow Morning, available on iTunes.

POA has really became a source of entertainment. While I was in flight training I read a ton of posts and learned quite a bit - but kept my mouth shut.

now I see more asking for handouts and threads like this ..... The longest thread attempt, the shortest thread attempt, I'm military please pay my flight training, and how fast do you go on final... nice

Turning into the Purple Board? (Ducking...) ;)

Nah. Not enough threads about bicycles. Or at least that's what they had when I looked a few years ago.

Turning into the Purple Board? (Ducking...) ;)

Nah. Not enough threads about bicycles. Or at least that's what they had when I looked a few years ago.

I honestly don't know what the purple board is...

POA has really became a source of entertainment. While I was in flight training I read a ton of posts and learned quite a bit - but kept my mouth shut.

now I see more asking for handouts and threads like this ..... The longest thread attempt, the shortest thread attempt, I'm military please pay my flight training, and how fast do you go on final... nice

Now that's funny. What did you think this was? Some sort of FAA sanctioned and approved flight training curriculum? This is a pilot forum. We tell stories, we complain, we share knowledge and we thump our chests.

It's the exact same thing that we'd do if we were all in a hangar having a couple beers...except maybe we're a little meaner to one another due to anonymity. Whatever, it is what it is but it isn't regulatory, researched or governing. So yeah...it's entertainment.

Heh. Well I knew of the song and Googled. The song (and album) are on my music players somewhere in the thousands of songs.

The Bobs have been a comedy acapella group for a couple of decades.

Finding a dumb school film class team's video to go along with the song, was just a modern Internet bonus!

That particular album and the ones around that time frame are a period of top notch writing by the Bobs back when Janey-Bob was still with them, and their bass was utterly incredible.

Highly recommended tunes from them:

- Please Let Me Be Your Third World Country (Politically Correct)

- Helmet

- Bulky Rhythm

- Dictator In A Polo Shirt

- Now I Am A Hippie Again

Most of those are on their 1988 album, Songs For Tomorrow Morning, available on iTunes.

An example of their work in lyrics, below... Honestly some of the funniest lyrics ever,

And remember this was in the late 80s, long before we became as PC as we are today...

The fact that they backed it up with some of the best a capella live and recorded performances I've heard, also all long before auto-tune or additional effects added in post production. Later albums do have more of that post production stuff, just to "keep up" with the times, I suppose.

http://www.lyricsmania.com/please_let_me_be_your_third_world_country_lyrics_bobs,_the.html

Now that's funny. What did you think this was? Some sort of FAA sanctioned and approved flight training curriculum? This is a pilot forum. We tell stories, we complain, we share knowledge and we thump our chests.

It's the exact same thing that we'd do if we were all in a hangar having a couple beers...except maybe we're a little meaner to one another due to anonymity. Whatever, it is what it is but it isn't regulatory, researched or governing. So yeah...it's entertainment.

Gosh... seems I struck a nerve!! Is this why you posted the are you a jerk post?? Just sayin...

Gosh... seems I struck a nerve!! Is this why you posted the are you a jerk post?? Just sayin...

You struck a nerve the same way a kid in a pool strikes a nerve asking why he's wet. That is to say not at all. I'm just tellin ya why you're wet.

You struck a nerve the same way a kid in a pool strikes a nerve asking why he's wet. That is to say not at all. I'm just tellin ya why you're wet.

Well. I did just recently take a shower :) Cheer up Captain... ALl good clean forum fun :)

Enough of this - beautiful down here in JAX - think i'll go fly and grab some lunch... Anyone wanna go to Highjackers for a Bruchetta Burger??

Why would you suppose I'm not cheerful? This is about as happy as I get and I don't think I've posted anything to suggest otherwise.

I ran with scissors ONCE. Should I have reported it?

Of course you should have reported it! They find that out thru their Orwellian methods and your toast! You will never fly again...even as Peter Pan. ( when I think of some commercial pilots I've known over the years, especially one who flew for and ran an airport for the cia during Iran contra, it boggles the mind when I read some of these questions.)

Last edited:
Of course you should have reported it! They find that out thru their Orwellian methods and your toast! You will never fly again...even as Peter Pan. ( when I think of some commercial pilots I've known over the years, especially one who flew for and ran an airport for the cia during Iran contra, it boggles the mind when I read some of these questions.)

What questions boggle your mind?

Back