Favorite Beatles songs.

Jim Case

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
AceDolphinFlyer
I am a musician, I love all kinds of music from old show tunes like "good morning good morning" ( Rest In Peace Debbie :( ) all the way to hardcore heavy metal the likes of "ministry" and "nine inch nails". Lately I've been hitting the Beatles, hard. What are some of You're favorite Beatles tunes? I like the whole rubber soul a lot.

I actually wasn't big on the Beatles until Rubber Soul came out. Probably my favorite album is their last, "Let It Be". Good tunes on there. "White Album" interesting too. Of course the biggest surprise was when Sgt Pepper came out, nothing really like it before except the Beach Boy's "Pet Sounds", also a great album.

Like just about every song they recorded. And much of the various solo works by all of them except not big on Ringo's solo stuff. McCartney is absolutely amazing, still kicking it in his 70s! Harrison had great tunes, listen to "Dark Horse", love that song. Can't play yet it but I'm trying lol.

BTW their original manager just passed yesterday I think.

I actually wasn't big on the Beatles until Rubber Soul came out. Probably my favorite album is their last, "Let It Be". Good tunes on there. "White Album" interesting too. Of course the biggest surprise was when Sgt Pepper came out, nothing really like it before except the Beach Boy's "Pet Sounds", also a great album.

Like just about every song they recorded. And much of the various solo works by all of them except not big on Ringo's solo stuff. McCartney is absolutely amazing, still kicking it in his 70s! Harrison had great tunes, listen to "Dark Horse", love that song. Can't play yet it but I'm trying lol.

BTW their original manager just passed yesterday I think.
I've have my dad's vinyl copy of "pet sounds" set aside for like a year. I haven't yet listened to it, I've heard good things

I was about to say is Revolver and Rubber Soul is when things started getting interesting.

The prior pop stuff was great in its own right, but the creativity in those two albums marked a major turning point.

Agree 100% Eddie! More their stuff instead of covers and less "poppy".

The thing about the Beatles, actually the entire British invasion, was the stimulus for many to create their own bands. Guitar sales must have gone thru the roof when the Beatles came over. Like Eddie, I'm 68, I grew up with R&R, starting with Elvis who I saw on TV way back sometime in the 50s. Still love it, even some of the new stuff.

upload_2016-12-31_13-57-36.png

Read this book recently. Very informative about their formation and towards the end the animosity towards Paul from the others, especially George. Good read!

I was about to say is Revolver and Rubber Soul is when things started getting interesting.

The prior pop stuff was great in its own right, but the creativity in those two albums marked a major turning point.

I thought Revolver and Rubber Soul were a nice compromise between their earlier, more raw music, and the inconsistent later works which ranged from over-produced (Magical Mystery Tour) to under-produced (White Album), with Abby Road being my favorite of their entire later catalog.

Yeah, Abby Road was a great album, especially liked Ringo's solo drum work.

I'm the youngest of 6 sons... so my introduction to the Beatles wasn't the album, it was the compilation sets.

I like the music so I got into getting the original albums to see what didn't make the compilations.

Of course, the other kids in my grade school were in to KISS at the time so I got some ribbin' over it.

Now I'm 50. I like both! Never saw the actual Beatles, just the Beatelmania and Love tributes.

KISS on the other hand, a few times. Still want to FINALLY see them in "Detroit, Rock City!"

"While My Guitar Gently Weeps", a George Harrison tune. Clapton played lead on it.

You don't have much social awareness, do you?

To the OP, Eleanor Rigby is a great set of lyrics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More of a Beach Boys guy myself, but I concur with mscard, Abbey Road was one of their best albums.

I was a schoolboy when I heard my first Beatles song. 'love me do' I think it was

Revolver was a watershed album, changed rock and roll. I also love the back side of Abbey Road, just put it on and let the whole thing play thru...

Mean Mr Mustard lives in the park shaves in the dark.....

An interesting tidbit that I read once, supposedly The Beatles smoking pot led to Rubber Soul and doing LSD led to Revolver.

So not sure I know any of their songs, i've heard one about a yellow submarine, and is imagine a beatles song?

Google fu reveals that here comes the sun is a beatles song so I kinda know that one though idt I heard the original . I guess by default its my favorite then?

Last edited:
So not sure I know any of their songs, i've heard one about a yellow submarine, and is imagine a beatles song?

Google fu reveals that here comes the sun is a beatles song so I kinda know that one though idt I heard the original though. I guess by default its my favorite then?

Yeah, but I bet you know all about kanye west. :mad2:

Google fu reveals that here comes the sun is a beatles song so I kinda know that one though idt I heard the original though. I guess by default its my favorite then?
Was there supposed to be a sarcastic face at the end of this post?

Revolver was a watershed album, changed rock and roll. I also love the back side of Abbey Road, just put it on and let the whole thing play thru...

Mean Mr Mustard lives in the park shaves in the dark.....

:yeahthat: :thumbsup:

Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl,
But she doesn't have a lot to say...

Back