Favorite Beatles songs.

You are the one who is rude. You did not politely ask me not to post you outright told me not to post. While you have freedom of speech and can say just about anything you like I have the same freedoms and will not be suppressed by an attempt at authority by any other poster.

You are welcome to express yourself on Kanye or someone else. I have the same freedom. I said Kanye should be shunned. That is not a shot at Kanye. It is an expression of my opinion well earned by his many outbursts and other publicity speaking displays.

Now have a nice day and a happy new year. Or not, it's your choice.
Got anything better to do? Don't reply, you are on the ingnore list, I'm not gonna deal with **** stirring trolls.

Last edited:
Let It Be.

Not as a favorite Beatles sing, but as a general suggestion.
Why do people like those guys have to come into my thread, post rude unwanted comments and then try to rile me up when I ask them politely to stop? I'm not gonna deal with it, my ignore list Just grew by two.

Why do people like those guys have to come into my thread, post rude unwanted comments and then try to rile me up when I ask them politely to stop? I'm not gonna deal with it, my ignore list Just grew by two.
Nothing he posted is against our rules of conduct. He didn't attack you and only stated his opinion about Kanye.

So, you're a fan of Twist and Shout and I Wanna Hold Your Hand? Both really good tunes for their time, and allegedly recorded (along with the rest of their first album) in one day long session...
"I wanna hold your hand" is by far my least favorite Beatles song, not that it's bad. I've just heard it way to many times and I don't care for it anymore. Different strokes and all.

Nothing he posted is against our rules of conduct. He didn't attack you and only stated his opinion about Kanye.
I politely asked him not to post things like that and got a rude reply, then attempted to goad me into a flame war. If that's not against the rules fine, I have the ignore list for that. I'm not looking for it here, I wanna talk about the Beatles. That is all this tread is about

I like the Beatles' early stuff but then when they started experimenting with drugs and got too full of themselves, not so much.
Totally understandable.

I politely asked him not to post things like that and got a rude reply, then attempted to goad me into a flame war. If that's not against the rules fine, I have the ignore list for that. I'm not looking for it here, I wanna talk about the Beatles. That is all this tread is about
I'm sure you have been here long enough to see that threads drift off topic. Neither you nor the MC has much control over that unless the posts cross the lines specified by our Rules of Conduct. At least we are still talking about music here...

Get Back Nowhere Man

Just because you start a thread does not mean that you own it or have any control over it.

I'm sure you have been here long enough to see that threads drift off topic. Neither you nor the MC has much control over that unless the posts cross the lines specified by our Rules of Conduct. At least we are still talking about music here...
Whatever i relent, You like the Beatles?

Whatever i relent, You like the Beatles?
I'm kinda neutral about them. My older cousins and some of the older sisters of my friends loved them, but I was just a little too young for them to be heartthrobs. You are much younger than me. How did you get interested in them?

See, this is why I hate the Beatles... talking about them always leads to some kind of argument. That and their music is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

I tried to get into them back in college when all the so-called "cool" kids were into it, but I quickly realized I just can't take more than 10-12 seconds of them without wanting to rip my ears off.

Let me know if you start a thread on Leonard Cohen, Tom Waits, Aretha Franklin or even Bob Dylan... might have something more positive to contribute ;)

You are much younger than me. How did you get interested in them?

The Beatles get passed down from generation to generation. They were definitely before my time as well, but still lots of devout fans when I was his age. I'll give the Beatles that... they have something about them that keeps them popular despite the passing of time.

The Beatles get passed down from generation to generation. They were definitely before my time as well, but still lots of devout fans when I was his age. I'll give the Beatles that... they have something about them that keeps them popular despite the passing of time.
I've noticed that people that are easily young enough to be my children are interested in the music I grew up with, but that was not the case when I was young. I didn't know too many people who were into the music of our parents' generation.

I often enjoy, You Never Give Me Your Money -> The End on Abbey Road. Must listen to all songs in series.

I've noticed that people that are easily young enough to be my children are interested in the music I grew up with, but that was not the case when I was young. I didn't know too many people who were into the music of our parents' generation.

I think we've seen this sort of thing before. My oldest brother and his wife graduated from high school at the end of the 1950s. I thought it was pretty amusing their kids were listening to the same stuff during the Happy Days phase in the 1970s.

Well rock n roll only began in the mid 50s, and then all that great music from the 60s and 70s was made. My kids (grown kids I should say) listen to some of that stuff from then. My mom got into Elvis when he came out in the 50s so I was exposed to R&R at an early age lol. As I said, wasn't really impressed with the Beatles when they came over (man the girls were though) as I was more Beach Boys and liked The Animals and Motown more. But they changed with Revolver/Rubber Soul and I liked their music more from that period on.

The thing is, there were so many outstanding groups and musicians from that time period that it was amazing to experience and listen to, if you love music, which I do. Last night watched a 2 hour special in CNN about the history of Chicago, who are probably in the Top 5 favorites. There first 4 albums were the heaviest, and the best. Hey at least we have music right! :rockon:

I like all of the Beetles work... Compared to today's crap... these guys were the Mozart and Beethovens of their time...

Just watched a movie on Amazon.. The Wrecking Crew that is about the studio musicians that made a lot of the 60's music happen...

I'm kinda neutral about them. My older cousins and some of the older sisters of my friends loved them, but I was just a little too young for them to be heartthrobs. You are much younger than me. How did you get interested in them?
My dad has a huge record collection, and I have studied the flow music since middle school, I just kind of discovered them along the way, liked what I heard.

Count me as the oddball then. I liked my parents' music. Everly Brothers, The Lettermen, Johnny Horton, Sam Cooke, Richie Valens, Johnny Cash ...

Count me as the oddball then. I liked my parents' music. Everly Brothers, The Lettermen, Johnny Horton, Sam Cooke, Richie Valens, Johnny Cash ...
My parents were older than yours. I got to listen to Perry Como, Andy Williams, Englebert Humperdink... and that's not even the music of their youth.

Dad & Mom listen to Dave Brubeck a lot, Sinatra, Louie Prima, Dean Martin, all those crooners. Mom would listen to newer stuff too. In fact she bought the Beatles first album which I have. Along with the first 3-4 Elvis albums, which I have too. Shh don't tell my brothers!

Ahh, Sinatra. Nobody could "phrase" a song like the Chairman of the Board. I mean, you felt the man's pain...

Sometimes, you need to have lived a little, maybe been "rode hard and put up wet" a few times to really appreciate an artist.

Last edited:
Ahh, Sinatra. Nobody could "phrase" a song like the Chairman of the Board. I mean, you felt the man's pain...

Sometimes, you need to have lived a little, maybe been "rode hard and put up wet" a few times to really appreciate an artist.

Agree 100%! Very smooth voice, great songbook.

Dad & Mom listen to Dave Brubeck a lot, Sinatra, Louie Prima, Dean Martin, all those crooners. Mom would listen to newer stuff too. In fact she bought the Beatles first album which I have. Along with the first 3-4 Elvis albums, which I have too. Shh don't tell my brothers!
I like all those groups, not huge into Elvis but have respect

Hey Jim, your dad have any Black Oak Arkansas? Ck out you tube, singer/front man wild man.

Hey Jim, your dad have any Black Oak Arkansas? Ck out you tube, singer/front man wild man.
Yeah, Raunch and roll and all that. I've heard them, I've actually met Ricky lee the guitar player from the band when I backed up his new band "jet black" He had a smelly wig on, was heavily intoxicated, and was dealing herion in the parking lot :(

Sie Liebt Dich

Ja, ja, ja, jaaaaa

Got anything better to do? Don't reply, you are on the ingnore list, I'm not gonna deal with **** stirring trolls.
Like I said, trying to tell me what to do is a fool's errand on your part. See? I replied. :)

Oh by the way, putting me on "ignore" is a form of "dealing with." A long journey lies before you, travel well or travel poorly.

Like I said, trying to tell me what to do is a fool's errand on your part. See? I replied. :)

Oh by the way, putting me on "ignore" is a form of "dealing with." A long journey lies before you, travel well or travel poorly.

I've never been a big fan of the ignore feature.

" your mother should know" beetles tunes to me were good music but the same lyrics over and over, ad nauseum.perry como, dean Martin, Sinatra, the Eagles ( for sure) Elvis from Hawaii, great, Dinah washington , the album is " unforgettable" Sarah Vaughn, on and on. More recently try video of Stephanie trick playing stride piano honoring people like fats Waller. Try " the world is waiting for the sunrise"!

Love is all you need - such a succinct song with a great point!

Hey Jude.
Hey Glenn.

Jude-Law.jpg

Back