Favorite Beatles songs.

I think the White Album is my favorite. As far as a particular song, I can't come up with just one as a favorite. Too many out there.

On a related note, the movie Across The Universe did a downright good job of combining a whole bunch of Beatles music and making a story out of them.

Was there supposed to be a sarcastic face at the end of this post?
No lol the period from the 50s to the mid 90s is a musical wasteland to me I just don't know much from that era. Unless its been on a tv show (csi miami and the who) or is the one big hit a group had I probably don't know it. I recognize riffs but thats about it.

Yeah, but I bet you know all about kanye west. :mad2:
Not much about him, I like a lot of rap but never was a kanye fan.

On our shower door:

31864142032_900c0b2d84_c.jpg

I guess you might say we're fans!

So not sure I know any of their songs, i've heard one about a yellow submarine, and is imagine a beatles song?

Google fu reveals that here comes the sun is a beatles song so I kinda know that one though idt I heard the original . I guess by default its my favorite then?
Yellow Submarine is the first Beatles song I remember. Saw it/heard it in the movie in a theater.

Imagine was one of John Lennon's solo works long after the breakup. No real reason that "kids today" should know much about the Beatles or their work. Sure they were creative and talented. Lots of folks are in each generation. Except for the Kayne fellow. He should be shunned.

Naw, killin' is too good for him. Make him suffer through life with all his anxieties and perceived injustices.
This is descending into a bit of a music shaming thread and I'd appreciate if you would stop. If someone likes Kayne, I'm perfectly fine with that, don't take shots at them.

This is descending into a bit of a music shaming thread and I'd appreciate if you would stop. If someone likes Kayne, I'm perfectly fine with that, don't take shots at them.
Don't even try to tell me what to do.

You consider Ministry and NiN to be hardcore metal? Thats poppy bubblegum compared to real metal ;);)

And to stay on topic, Hey Jude is probably the song I love the most because it has sentimental significance (my mom would sing it to us when we were kids). But my personal favorite is Yesterday.

Only a few more hours and we can start "fresh" :D

Yeah, Abby Road was a great album, especially liked Ringo's solo drum work.

Which is the only drum solo in the Beatles catalogue. And the guitars building up to the crescendo in "The End"? Listen carefully and you'll hear 2 measures by George, two by Paul, two by John*, followed by two more from each. The sounds and styles of the guitars are the give away.

*Not sure of the actual order...

And to stay on topic, Hey Jude is probably the song I love the most because it has sentimental significance (my mom would sing it to us when we were kids). But my personal favorite is Yesterday.

Go to YouTube and find the Hey Jude version by Wilson Pickett. It features a session guitarist who became somewhat famous. ;-)

Which is the only drum solo in the Beatles catalogue. And the guitars building up to the crescendo in "The End"? Listen carefully and you'll hear 2 measures by George, two by Paul, two by John*, followed by two more from each. The sounds and styles of the guitars are the give away.

*Not sure of the actual order...

Wow, didn't know that, cool. Paul's guitar or bass? Gonna check that out.

Last edited:
Go to YouTube and find the Hey Jude version by Wilson Pickett. It features a session guitarist who became somewhat famous. ;-)

And that guitarist talked Picket into doing it at Muscle Shoals.. Personally I think he's the best, but that's my opinion of course.

Here, There and Everywhere. Great track off Revolver.

You consider Ministry and NiN to be hardcore metal? Thats poppy bubblegum compared to real metal ;);)

Yeah, I can't get into the screaming stuff, but ministry is far from bubblegum stuff, spin the rio grand blood record. Nin I can see that being said. All and all I get what you are saying though. ;)

Don't even try to tell me what to do.
If you are going to be rude I am going to politely ask you not to post here, we are having a discussion, nobody's opinion is unwelcome here and it's not the place to take shots at Kayne west. Start a Kayne hate thread and I'll glady voice my displeasure about the guy, but seriously, I don't want this here.

If you are going to be rude I am going to politely ask you not to post here, we are having a discussion, nobody's opinion is unwelcome here and it's not the place to take shots at Kayne west. Start a Kayne hate thread and I'll glady voice my displeasure about the guy, but seriously, I don't want this here.

You said "nobody's opinion is unwelcome here" yet you tell Clark his opinion is not welcome here. Which is it?

"A Day in the Life"
"Something"
"Elinor Rigby"

You are the one who is rude. You did not politely ask me not to post you outright told me not to post. While you have freedom of speech and can say just about anything you like I have the same freedoms and will not be suppressed by an attempt at authority by any other poster.

You are welcome to express yourself on Kanye or someone else. I have the same freedom. I said Kanye should be shunned. That is not a shot at Kanye. It is an expression of my opinion well earned by his many outbursts and other publicity speaking displays.

Now have a nice day and a happy new year. Or not, it's your choice.

I like the Beatles' early stuff but then when they started experimenting with drugs and got too full of themselves, not so much.

I like the Beatles' early stuff but then when they started experimenting with drugs and got too full of themselves, not so much.

So, you're a fan of Twist and Shout and I Wanna Hold Your Hand? Both really good tunes for their time, and allegedly recorded (along with the rest of their first album) in one day long session...

As a serious Beatle-maniac, there's obviously way too many to list as a favorite - changes from day to day....but, can't believe nobody has mentioned Flying, from the Magical Mystery Tour....

BTW - the wife and I named our '69 Piper Cherokee 140 "Sexy Sadie"

So, you're a fan of Twist and Shout and I Wanna Hold Your Hand? Both really good tunes for their time, and allegedly recorded (along with the rest of their first album) in one day long session...

Yes. Not a fan of the walrus, coo coo ka choo era. :nonod:

Back