Falsly accused to an AME ??

Maverick007

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Maverick007
Hello, now that i got your attention.

I had an employer we can say, deny my valid medical telling me its not any good. then asked i get a letter from an AME claiming my medical is good. When i provided the letter, employer called the AME and made up some conditions claiming i didnt report them. Which the AME then contacted the federal flight surgeon, sending out a request of all history. After the investigation the flight surgeon issued a letter or eligibility. the employer said they refuse to recognize it, and inronically the head honcho at this employer is dating my ex wife. this cant be legal?

I am sure you're just trolling, but if not, I would just go find another job. If this is the whole story, you could sue them, and you'd probably win, but would it really be worth your time and money?

I am sure you're just trolling, but if not, I would just go find another job. If this is the whole story, you could sue them, and you'd probably win, but would it really be worth your time and money?

quite the contrary, i wish it was a troll. but can you really call up your exes AME and tell them you want their medical taken, with no actual evidence to back up the claims?

Sure an employer can refuse to let you fly. That’s the condition you’re stating.

You can sue. Small company you might win, large company, unlikely. About that simple.

Anyone can claim anything… if the FAA acts improperly on invalid data, you got a winnable claim, which is gonna take years, but you will almost certainly prevail. It’s happened, very unusual. Happens most commonly in the case of very large airlines getting involved. In one such case, the doctor lost his license. It took YEARS and multiple cases to get that accomplished.

quite the contrary, i wish it was a troll. but can you really call up your exes AME and tell them you want their medical taken, with no actual evidence to back up the claims?

No, you can't, which you proved - you stated you got a letter from the flight surgeon stating that your medical was valid despite what your employer-who's-dating-your-ex thinks. I don't know how AMEs have to do things if they get reports from people about possible omissions on medical forms, so I can't critique the AME's actions, but I would think they would have to do an investigation into it. Maybe an AME will come on and tell us what they are required to do in situations like that.

When contact the AME about such allegations, he has stated he was working in regards to aviation safety is why he reported me (with no evidence) and he is now recusing himself and his office of anymore services to me.

No, you can't, which you proved - you stated you got a letter from the flight surgeon stating that your medical was valid despite what your employer-who's-dating-your-ex thinks. I don't know how AMEs have to do things if they get reports from people about possible omissions on medical forms, so I can't critique the AME's actions, but I would think they would have to do an investigation into it. Maybe an AME will come on and tell us what they are required to do in situations like that.

pretty insane the FAA allows themselves to be used as pawns in relationship disputes, hell you dont like someone just call up an AME or flight surgeon and report them!

pretty insane the FAA allows themselves to be used as pawns in relationship disputes h---, you don't like someone just call up an AME or flight surgeon and report them!

Would you rather the opposite? Of course it is going to be abused, and I'm sorry that happened to you, but I am glad that people are able to report potentially dangerous pilots as opposed to being ignored.

Patiently waiting for @Paul Harvey
ROFLMAO!

Also an indicator of who is getting old around here as fewer and fewer of the younglings know who that is or implied humor of invoking his name.

PS. his was a daily radio broadcast I aways enjoyed.

Would you rather the opposite? Of course it is going to be abused, and I'm sorry that happened to you, but I am glad that people are able to report potentially dangerous pilots as opposed to being ignored.

well one would imagine an unsafe pilot may get reported, but there should be some type of common sense. reported by anyone but a disgruntled ex wife, who never been to the airport......

@Maverick007 .... your situation/story has been shared... Possibly allowing you to enjoy a slightly vented spleen.

Is something specific action you want of this gang of SGOTI's beyond empathy?

ROFLMAO!

Also an indicator of who is getting old around here as fewer and fewer of the younglings know who that is or implied humor of invoking his name.

PS. his was a daily radio broadcast I aways enjoyed.
Yes!!!!!!!! And now you know......the rest of the story

Seems like the AME should have had no business talking to your potential employer about you. I would assume that even confirming that you were a patient of theirs would have violated some HIPPA laws as the employer isn't a federal agent. AME should have just responded that they don't talk about patients with others without written consent. If it were me I would be looking for other places of employment and a new AME. I wouldn't want to work for someone who was dating an ex and I wouldn't want to go to an AME who will talk to anyone outside the FAA medical offices about my medical conditions.

Seems like the AME should have had no business talking to your potential employer about you. I would assume that even confirming that you were a patient of theirs would have violated some HIPPA laws as the employer isn't a federal agent. AME should have just responded that they don't talk about patients with others without written consent. If it were me I would be looking for other places of employment and a new AME. I wouldn't want to work for someone who was dating an ex and I wouldn't want to go to an AME who will talk to anyone outside the FAA medical offices about my medical conditions.
One problem here is that, according to the story, our poster initiated the dialog between AME and employer by asking for a letter of validity.

well one would imagine an unsafe pilot may get reported, but there should be some type of common sense. reported by anyone but a disgruntled ex wife, who never been to the airport......

Sooo, yeah. Couple of questions.

1) Was it your employer (who is dating your ex), or your ex who is the supposed whistleblower? You seem to be inconsistent.

2) Are you suggesting the person contacting the AME said either "BTW, I'm dating this guy's ex-wife" or "BTW, I'm his ex-wife"?

3) Accepting things as they are presented (not likely, but ok) Why would the AME not present the letter as requested?

The more I look at your posts, the more I'm curious about the other side of the story. I feel there is a LOT being left out.

Anyone can claim anything…
No, not really. The story as presented in the OP contains all the elements required to prove a case for libel. Possibly even libel per se, depending on the OP's state, but he also has actual damages. Assuming the facts are as presented.

If my employer made up things and accused me of them to a person with significant authority over me, I'd do whatever I legally could to make his life a living hell.

But that's just me.
Of course, you could just leave it alone and wait for the ex to do it.

As they old saying goes, "If they'll do it with you, they'll do it to you."

Unfortunately for the innocently accused, the government is supposed to investigate tips or accusations that are called in that are relative to the safety of aviation. You have the letter from the Flight Surgeon to prove the allegations were false to any other employer. If your boss is going to be this vindictive, then you better watch your back as long as you are there because he will find something else to accuse you of. Surely you can claim harassment, but sometimes the effort is not worth the prize. Best to get another job.

I was investigated by the FBI because somebody called in and said I was a terrorist because I had an airplane and was Middle Eastern (which I am not). Should not have taken more than a minute for the FBI to look at my ethnicity to disprove it. Still, they launched a secret investigation that lasted 6 months. Business associates and others would tell me that the FBI came by asking about my business dealings and activities. They said the FBI told them they were investigating me as a terrorist. This resulted in many credible death threats and safety concerns for me and my family. So yes, the government acts on tips, no matter how flimsy they may seem.

I was thinking troll ... but you can't make this stuff up! :rofl:

No, not really. The story as presented in the OP contains all the elements required to prove a case for libel. Possibly even libel per se, depending on the OP's state, but he also has actual damages. Assuming the facts are as presented.

Yabbut…

1. if this goes to an arbitration, as in unionized flying… you’re losing.
2. Try to take it to court, see number 1.
3. Try a state court, mention F(ederal)AA…

I’m involved in about a half dozen of these cases. No one cares. It’s a TOUGH row to hoe, regardless of the obvious “right” about it.

Yabbut…

1. if this goes to an arbitration, as in unionized flying… you’re losing.
2. Try to take it to court, see number 1.
3. Try a state court, mention F(ederal)AA…

I’m involved in about a half dozen of these cases. No one cares. It’s a TOUGH row to hoe, regardless of the obvious “right” about it.
Oh? Why would the OP lose on the facts as presented? And what does the FAA have to do with it?

Sooo, yeah. Couple of questions.

1) Was it your employer (who is dating your ex), or your ex who is the supposed whistleblower? You seem to be inconsistent.

2) Are you suggesting the person contacting the AME said either "BTW, I'm dating this guy's ex-wife" or "BTW, I'm his ex-wife"?

3) Accepting things as they are presented (not likely, but ok) Why would the AME not present the letter as requested?

The more I look at your posts, the more I'm curious about the other side of the story. I feel there is a LOT being left out.

well to clear the story, the ex persude the person in power above me, with the false allegations. Many actually were all disproven, besides alleges of psychiatric conditions, which seems anyone could claim. The Boss then made theor own detrimnation that based on a story it was more likely then not to be true. so asked for letter that when provided employer simply shared the false alligations to AME. who then contacted FAA. Who then ran full fledge onvestigation and cleared me. Then employer simply stated that even if the FAA says my medical is valid they can refuse to accept mine....

That's how it works with firearms red flag laws. It's not that the concept doesn't have merit, but no one has figured out how to get the execution right. The states I'm familiar with have no penalties for abusing the system. One call by anyone with an axe to grind, and the gun collections gets thrown into buckets or police cruiser trunks and disappears, maybe for years, maybe forever.

It's becoming standard procedure in ugly divorce cases to at least threaten a red flag call in order to gain concessions in the negotiations.

Oh? Why would the OP lose on the facts as presented? And what does the FAA have to do with it?

see above, seems a similar situation. In arbitration, it’s not a legal process, EXTREMELY difficult to over turn or even question. The FAA is guilty by omission.

well to clear the story, the ex persude the person in power above me, with the false allegations. Many actually were all disproven, besides alleges of psychiatric conditions, which seems anyone could claim. The Boss then made theor own detrimnation that based on a story it was more likely then not to be true. so asked for letter that when provided employer simply shared the false alligations to AME. who then contacted FAA. Who then ran full fledge onvestigation and cleared me. Then employer simply stated that even if the FAA says my medical is valid they can refuse to accept mine....

Is English your first language?

Is there any child custody battle going on with the ex? I am always amazed when I read the outright lies and accusations that are made and filed in court papers in custody battles. This could be all coming from the ex telling lies to your boss. Does your boss have the obligation to investigate if it may compromise safety of his flight operations? That would be his justification.

see above, seems a similar situation. In arbitration, it’s not a legal process, EXTREMELY difficult to over turn or even question. The FAA is guilty by omission.
Arbitration is indeed a legal process. I'm skeptical this would be within the scope of a CBA or employment agreement, but regardless, I'd be happy to argue this claim in arbitration or state court. Again, based on the presented facts.

I can't quite figure this out from the posts.

Did you or the employer reach out to the AME and stated you had these alleged physical and mental defects?

Doesn't really matter, I guess. Get away from this employer and farther from your ex. She has found a new hot button. Just call your AME or the FAA with a tip that you have these conditions which then you'll have to prove are incorrect.

IF you sue or arbitration, what if you win? Someone pays a few hundred dollars? Your Ex might think it's worth it and send in the next anonymous "tip". Nothing will really change.

Everything you said is spot on with the HIPPA and information. heres the funny thing this AME claimed that by me signing papers on initial visit it gives him right to talk to anyone of interest about me. still doesnt sound legal.

Sure you can....this is not the first time we've seen the same scenario in less than a year.

My suggestion to the OP is to take an english grammar class and work on sentence structure and better arguments.

When I was a kid my gramma learned us english ... :D

See something, say something. Or make **** up and say something, it's for the safety of the children.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back