FAA Overhaul Bill to be Released July 1

What if I decline to pay a DATABASE center and enter controlled airspace anyway. What happens then?

VFR... probably nothing....

IFR.... They will deny clearance to land, so you can go circle somewhere till you run out of gas...:rolleyes:

What if I decline to pay a DATABASE center and enter controlled airspace anyway. What happens then?

Your plane gets 'booted' after you land until you pay up. Same as if you don't pay for parking in your car.

VFR... probably nothing....

IFR.... They will deny clearance to land, so you can go circle somewhere till you run out of gas...:rolleyes:

What if I land at an airport where landing clearances are not issued? Same as VFR? Nothing?

Your plane gets 'booted' after you land until you pay up. Same as if you don't pay for parking in your car.

You're implying a law has been violated. How can that be? Remember, we're talking about a non-chartered company.

You're implying a law has been violated. How can that be? Remember, we're talking about a non-chartered company.

What makes you believe it would be non chartered? Nothing else remotely similar in this country is. Try and create your own currency and see what happens.

What if I land at an airport where landing clearances are not issued? Same as VFR? Nothing?

Hmmmm..

Feeling kinda thick headed this morning ain't ya...:rolleyes: .......

ADS-B will know when you take off,, match that with fees paid for entry into the national airspace system,,, the computer spits out "NOT CURRENT"..

Flight gets tagged and BOLO is sent to airports along the flight track.... Sooner or later you will run out of gas. Land at a public airport and Barney Fife will boot your plane and wait for the fine to be paid....

Land at a private airport like mine and your plane becomes MINE till you pay my landing fee of 10 bucks a lb .. "per Event".. So your C310 weighs 3200 lbs when you touch down, you owe me 32,000 dollars on the spot. That landing equals one event.....

Wanna leave ? :dunno:....

I will sell ya 100 gallons @ 6 bucks a gallon.. But that 100 gallons weighs 600 lbs so your NEW take off fee is 38,000...;);););)..

Pay up or that plane is MINE....

Just the same as with private parking enforcement that is legal all over the U.S.A...

What makes you believe it would be non chartered? Nothing else remotely similar in this country is. Try and create your own currency and see what happens.

I don't believe it would be. I'm confident it can't be. That is the condition proposed by vintage cessna in post #88. That's what we've been discussing in the sub-thread that follows that post. Here it is again for your convenience:

Does a not for profit system somehow ensure a safer system? Airlines are for profit and their safety record is excellent.

The technology is already here to automate the system, which should be the goal of any modernization effort. A for profit, non chartered corporation will have a reason to reach that goal, a non profit run by committee will not.

Hmmmm..

Feeling kinda thick headed this morning ain't ya...:rolleyes: .......

Never.

ADS-B will know when you take off,, match that with fees paid for entry into the national airspace system,,, the computer spits out "NOT CURRENT"..

Flight gets tagged and BOLO is sent to airports along the flight track.... Sooner or later you will run out of gas. Land at a public airport and Barney Fife will boot your plane and wait for the fine to be paid....

Land at a private airport like mine and your plane becomes MINE till you pay my landing fee of 10 bucks a lb .. "per Event".. So your C310 weighs 3200 lbs when you touch down, you owe me 32,000 dollars on the spot. That landing equals one event.....

Wanna leave ? :dunno:....

I will sell ya 100 gallons @ 6 bucks a gallon.. But that 100 gallons weighs 600 lbs so your NEW take off fee is 38,000...;);););)..

Pay up or that plane is MINE....

Just the same as with private parking enforcement that is legal all over the U.S.A...
Doesn't seem the same to me. The national airspace is not private property.

This isn't going to happen.

According to this article, the reauthorization bill has been pulled, will not be released until August, and is expected to reach the floor in September.

It is sounding like the ATC privatization idea may be dead for the time being: "The FAA Reauthorization Bill had been expected to include a major overhaul of the nation's air traffic control system, but support has been thin in and around Washington. It was becoming increasingly unlikely that such an ambitious plan could muster enough support among industry and members of Congress to meet the September 30 deadline."

Sounds like they received some flak from someone who then requested it to be pulled.

I looked for it periodically today so I could read it. I was surprised when it never got published.

As I said...not going to happen.

This country is in way, way too populist of a mood for any politician to touch a subject like handing our national airspace over to a private company. Big business, corporate greed, and all that jazz.

In a vacuum, I'd have no problem with user fees if it meant less taxes. But we know that's not how it works. User fees would simply mean a one way cost increase for GA pilots.

Better question - what if I don't contact them because of a fee but then have a problem that results in serious injury which contacting them could have stopped? In our tort ridden world, is there anyone who believes a private contractor would share no liability for that?

And was Henning holding up Austailia as an example of how an air system should be run?

Better question - what if I don't contact them because of a fee but then have a problem that results in serious injury which contacting them could have stopped? In our tort ridden world, is there anyone who believes a private contractor would share no liability for that?

We're talking about a non-chartered corporation. A contractor would have a charter.

And was Henning holding up Austailia as an example of how an air system should be run?

No, I was holding it up as an example of how it is done.

If I had my way there would be no taxes and all the nation's requirements for society would be funded through the use of natural resource. Let the government earn the money to pay for everything rather than letting markets take all the money.

Back