F150

Got the reflash done yesterday, only after I had to raise hell to get it done.....between yesterday afternoon and today I have already driven 200 miles (not hard to do in DFW) and my computer is stating 15mpg. (actually 14.7)

We will see how it does on a real world check, when I fill the bastard up after lunch.

The dealership had a Red Raptor on the lot yesterday.......it took a lot of willpower not to swap trucks.

After a year of driving my F-150 V6 EcoBoost around DFW, I'm seeing 15 mpg city and 22/23 highway.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I need to check around to see if anyone is getting any sales action on that engine. Request and sales activity can be a lead metric on how good design is.

FYI to SuperDuty owners...I am taking delivery of several trucks, 2005 through 2010 if anyone needs anything.

15 mpg city. That's about what I get on Ol' Blue I think. Slightly less on the highway pulling the glider trailer. Although the trip odometer is now broken so I just fill it up whenever its low and am blissfully ignorant of the awful fuel mileage.

15 mpg city. That's about what I get on Ol' Blue I think. Slightly less on the highway pulling the glider trailer. Although the trip odometer is now broken so I just fill it up whenever its low and am blissfully ignorant of the awful fuel mileage.
I get more like 11mpg city in my 2001 F150 with a 5.4L V8.

well i have a V6 with loose rings and leaky exhaust valve gaskets. it might be a little lower. it has been a long time since i did the math. sometimes ignorance is bliss. it does make me feel better that the supposed modern pickups aren't that much better.

well i have a V6 with loose rings and leaky exhaust valve gaskets. it might be a little lower. it has been a long time since i did the math. sometimes ignorance is bliss. it does make me feel better that the supposed modern pickups aren't that much better.
Define "not much better". My F150 gets slightly better mileage in town, and 3 MPG better on the highway, than my V6 Sport Trac did. It's also FAR more comfortable, FAR quieter, will carry/tow FAR more, and when I feel like "brisk" acceleration it will get right up and fly. The fact that it does all of this while still beating the mileage I was getting before... yeah, much better.

The trade-off is paying for it.

not nearly close enough to justify (IMO) the extra ownership costs of a new vehicle. But nothing will ever be a big enough improvement for that to be the case

not nearly close enough to justify (IMO) the extra ownership costs of a new vehicle. But nothing will ever be a big enough improvement for that to be the case
A 4 mpg gain would save me about $80 a month right now. A decent number -- but you're right--most certainly not enough to justify buying anything else.

most certainly not enough to justify buying anything else.

Yup...$450 a month by not having a car/truck payment can cover quite a bit of flying.

Back