EDC what do you carry?

tlrussell

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
pa32-300
I have a habit of carrying a small pack with everything I go looking for. I can not tell you how many times it has saved the day. I've been called Superman more than once. Lets hear what you do.

Attachments

• 2015-06-22 21.22.58.jpg
    2015-06-22 21.22.58.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 232
  • 2015-06-22 21.23.03.jpg
    2015-06-22 21.23.03.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 132
  • 2015-06-22 21.23.07.jpg
    2015-06-22 21.23.07.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 93
  • 2015-06-22 21.23.12.jpg
    2015-06-22 21.23.12.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 78
  • 2015-06-22 22.05.32.jpg
    2015-06-22 22.05.32.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 66
Looks like you got it covered I'll sitting by the pool with the ladies.

I carry a Ruger LCP as my EDC :D
When OC becomes legal Jan 1st, I plan to occasionally carry my Glock 36 in a belt holster. ;)

I carry a Ruger LCP as my EDC :D
When OC becomes legal Jan 1st, I plan to occasionally carry my Glock 36 in a belt holster. ;)
Ha! I thought I was probably the only one that would immediately think of EDC as a weapon. :redface:

You weigh all that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A "small pack"? That looks more like my garage. Or my wife's big purse.

A calculator and no gun? I know who I'm going to rob if things go south quick.

No paracord?

I see a couple of silver dollars.

My EDC is a Kershaw speedsafe and a Browning .25 auto.

First rule of EDC: Don't talk about EDC. You may end up on someone's list someday.

Holy lots of stuff, Batman! You need a Bat Belt!

Frankly, the mix looks a bit random to me.
For 'every day' you probably would not have to haul the aviation and survival related stuff around with you.

For a survival situation however, you also might want to pack a few granola bars and something to drink. The dash cam, the ruler, the sticky notes and some other things might not bee too useful out in the wild. I also don't see a PLB on the picture.

We always have a bright orange backpack within reach when we go flying. It contains something to drink and eat, a PLB, a first aid kit, ponchos, fleece jackets, lighters, fire starters, an emergency water filtration straw, a flash light, spare batteries and some other stuff. It is all about making sure that we'll be found and to survive until then. People have died within eyesight of a village, with relatively small injuries like a broken leg, because they couldn't call for help.

We also put our car keys, phones and wallets into the backpack, so that all we need to grab in case we are going down is one single piece of gear - the bright orange backpack.

While having a gun is always fun, it is pretty low on my survival gear packing list. Varying laws, depending on the state, are also something I don't want to deal with. Self defense is probably one of the least concerns in a survival situation and then again it is not about an adventurous camping trip but about surviving until help arrives. One can live for quite a while without food but not so much without water, hypothermia and loss of blood are the other major concerns. Water, a first aid kit, shelter and a PLB are therefore what I see as the top priorities.

[...] When OC becomes legal Jan 1st, I plan to occasionally carry my Glock 36 in a belt holster. ;)

I never understood this OC thing. All it does is to provoke anti-gunners and to make sure that the OC-guy will be the first to be shot at. That somebody might try to grab the gun is another reason for concern. :rolleyes2:

I was at EDC (Austin Executive) just last week and didn't really feel a need to "carry". Well, I did carry my passenger's bags. The airplane "sunshade" thing was nice though.

No idea what you guys are talking about...

:D

I have a habit of carrying a small pack with everything I go looking for. I can not tell you how many times it has saved the day. I've been called Superman more than once. Lets hear what you do.

Holly MacGyver, Batman! You carry all that stuff with you everywhere everyday?

I picked up a cotton fishing/photography vest to put some essentials in the pockets without making it too bulky on the theory (passed on to me by a friend) that "anything not on you isn't survival equipment; it's camping gear)

I picked up a cotton fishing/photography vest to put some essentials in the pockets without making it too bulky on the theory (passed on to me by a friend) that "anything not on you isn't survival equipment; it's camping gear)

There is something to that….

A big heavy survival kit in the cargo area of your airplane is just ballast if the airplane is on fire or in the water.

Some prioritization is in order. The most critical thing in a survival kit is a way to stop bleeding. The second most critical is water.

Sticky notes and an iPad charger are a bit further down.

CZ-75D PCR, and a Benchmade 940CF Osborne.

[...] Browning .25 auto.

Wow, this is a cool little gun. Small caliber, but I guess you'd still have a hard time to find anybody who volunteers for being shot with it... :wink2:

f951c81542389bdd7ad1cab9fce1d9e9.jpg

baby-browning-003-589.jpg

I just learned that the older ones had a grip safety, while later versions came with a thump safety. Interesting.

I lost all my guns in a tragic boating accident. :(

There is A LOT of duplication there. You could cut that in half pretty easily.

Once I can get my Michigan CCW (stupid 6 month residency requirement) I plan on carrying my CZ83 as my EDC. Maybe the Ruger LCP when I need something smaller.

Flashaholic here... my EDC is an Olight S10 Baton. SOG Twitch, and some of that stuff. Boy Scout; Be Prepared and all...

Where I do most of my flying any adverse event affecting my safety will likely be witness by someone on the ground. Indeed, it will probably be filmed with their iPhone and appear on Youtube in minutes. As such I have not invested a lot of time in emergency preparedness. I think the ideas about liquid and and a medkit sound spot on.

:lol:

I have a little Beretta 21a Bobcat chambered for .22 LR. I like it because it's a fun little gun with that flip up barrel. Of course, it would only make someone mad and is mostly useless as a self defense piece.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_21A_Bobcat

Probably useless for intimidating someone, but I still bet it would deter most folks to get shot with anything! ;)
I just looked at the link, I think I have one of those! :yes:

Back