Does Trump sell his 757 when he becomes president?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read that Air Force 1 operating costs are $206,337 dollars AN HOUR o_O (Source: http://www.businessinsider.com/price-to-fly-on-air-force-one-2015-2)

So lets say you flew from New York City to San Diego which is about 2112 Miles, (Roughly) and you are flying at max cruise which is 630 MPH you would get there in 3 Hours and 30 Mins which is awesome. (Approx) but would cost us taxpayers: $680,920 to fly there ONE way round trip is $1,361,840 o_O That is just ONE airplane he also flys with the C17 which brings all of the vehicles. The cost to fly are a little cheaper but not much different.
I wonder if they are including the hangar costs, the second AF1 that flies along with the primary one, support staff etc? Not that I don't think it's a big waste of money, I just wonder how they come up with their numbers. :D

He'll keep it. His kids have to come in to KEGE yearly and I doubt they want to fly Netjets. They might already be upset they can't use it because he is busy campaigning.

Its the callsign of any Air Force plane he's on. Navy, Marine and Army would be their namesake + 1.
I saw Marine One land at Monterey (MRY) once while Clinton was president. It was the shiniest helicopter I ever saw.

To get started AF-1 is not a dedicated aircraft. It is the call sign used by whatever Air Force plane may be carrying the president. While it is common to call the VC-25 28000 (or 29000) AF-1, that's not correct unless the president is aboard. Usually, one of these is used because it has all the communications gear, security, and other trappings needed for a presidential appearance anywhere. It is not the case that both planes routinely travel together. Whether additional planes are needed to provide logistics for things like limos or the Presidential dog and the like are determined on an appearance by appearance basis. Sometimes the president travels on a smaller plane, but usually only when it is operationally needed to use a shorter runway than that which can accommodate the VC-25.

Trump is no more likely to use his 767 than Hillary is to use her private email service if elected :)

A 757 is really plenty enough of an aircraft for POTUS ...

I think Southwest Airlines is plenty enough aircraft for ANY elected office:)

Did Bill Clinton get rid of his condoms when he was president?

Was eating lunch and reading ... you nearly cost me a monitor:eek:

As per your question, he may have ... Monica Lewinsky has the proof.

It isn't his plane. One of his companies owns it and he rents it for the campaign. Thus he is making money every time he travels. The company will keep it because the people who run the company have to keep the Trump name in play even WHEN he is President for business reasons.

To get started AF-1 is not a dedicated aircraft. It is the call sign used by whatever Air Force plane may be carrying the president. While it is common to call the VC-25 28000 (or 29000) AF-1, that's not correct unless the president is aboard.
On August 9, 1974, Air Force One departed Andrews Air Force Base, with destination of MCAS El Toro, California. Somewhere over Kansas, the aircraft's callsign changed from "Air Force One" to "SAM 27000". That was the moment Gerald Ford finished the last words of the Oath of Office and became the President of the United States -- replacing Richard Nixon, who boarded the airplane as President, and deplaned in California as a private citizen.

I think Southwest Airlines is plenty enough aircraft for ANY elected office:)

Was eating lunch and reading ... you nearly cost me a monitor:eek:

As per your question, he may have ... Monica Lewinsky has the proof.

Sorry.....I have an old monitor I'll send to you if needed...just pick one...

is

I tell you what, when Trump becomes President, I'm selling my plane, my house and all my stock as fast as I can, converting it all to euros and getting the hell out. He should probably sell his plane too.
I hope all the chicken littles follow through on such promises, so the rest of us can buy your stuff, cheap.

It isn't his plane. One of his companies owns it and he rents it for the campaign. Thus he is making money every time he travels.
And if he flew on AF-1 he would make nothing.

Shouldn't be hard to figure out what he will want to fly on.

To get started AF-1 is not a dedicated aircraft. It is the call sign used by whatever Air Force plane may be carrying the president.

Trump is no more likely to use his 767 than Hillary is to use her private email service if elected :)

Exactly, if the president was in a cherokee it would be Air Force One....

I'm sure he would use one of the 747's (I think there are two of them?) Using his own plane I imagine would have several complications, including the tax payers footing the bill to fly his own plane...

Exactly, if the president was in a cherokee it would be Air Force One....

I'm sure he would use one of the 747's (I think there are two of them?) Using his own plane I imagine would have several complications, including the tax payers footing the bill to fly his own plane...

Unless the Cherokee was owned by the Air Force, it would be Executive 1

During the Johnson Administration, the United States Air Force acquired a Beechcraft King Air B90 which was designated VC-6A.[45] The aircraft was used to transport President Johnson between Bergstrom Air Force Base and his family ranch near Johnson City, Texas,[46] and was used at least once to transport the President to Princeton, New Jersey.[47] It was referred to as Lady Bird's airplane and later in its service life featured a basic color scheme similar to civilian aircraft.[48] When the President was aboard, the aircraft used the call sign Air Force One.[47]

Last I read he had a lot of gold and very expensive stuff in that plane. So do I think he'll keep it? Yes. Do I think his business will use it? Most likely not. Family use? Possible.

Af1 is of great use to the potus wife and kids so they can jet set around the world on shopping trips. Then they just stop by a school in whatever country they are in and say"stay in school kids" and it becomes a nice big tax right off as it is now clearly a business trip!

That's exactly what happened on 9/11. Just a routine shopping trip and not a mobile command post for the CiC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, you said "He will be flying around on AF1, which is the call sign of ANY airplane he's on". Implying any airplane he's on is AF1.
Well, USAF flys airplanes, Marine 1 flys copters, and I'm really not sure the Army flys the POTUS around at all. Don't think they do according to the link below, nor the Navy other than the time GB flew aboard the plane when he stated 'Mission Accomplished", they used Navy One.

I didn't know this for a long time but the Army does have a "token" Army Aviator assigned to the Presidental helicopter detail. Just as the Navy Blue Angels have a Marine Officer as one of their pilots. I ride motorcycles and flew for years with a class gentleman that was an Army Chinook pilot in Vietnam Nam and became the "token" Marine One pilot for Nixon. He flew Beech 18''s, DC9, B757 and B747's for the rest of his career flying freight. I take a couple of big trips on bikes every year.

Just to prove he's a good sport, The Donald offered to let HRC use his 757 for the rest of the campaign. HRC said she appreciated the offer, but said it would not be appropriate for her to arrive at events in an airplane with her opponent's name so prominently displayed; instead, it should identify her. The Donald said, "That's easy to do, and everybody knows it. I'll call the paint shop right now."

N757AF_3.jpg

:D

Just to prove he's a good sport, The Donald offered to let HRC use his 757 for the rest of the campaign. HRC said she appreciated the offer, but said it would not be appropriate for her to arrive at events in an airplane with her opponent's name so prominently displayed; instead, it should identify her. The Donald said, "That's easy to do, and everybody knows it. I'll call the paint shop right now."

View attachment 48245

:D

We all know that story can't be true. If HRC was offered free use of a 757, she'd jump on it to keep up her end of the deal with Bernie, for free.

BTW, I just noticed that Trump's 757 is N757AF -- that is the one that used to belong to Paul Allen's company.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Untitled/Boeing-757-2J4/694684/M

Correct. This is pretty well documented.

The interior of the plane is really quite something. I remember hearing that if the gold used in the plane were melted down, it would be enough to cover a Greyhound bus. Like Trump or hate him, the interior of that plane is beautiful.

If he wins, he'll almost certainly keep the plane, but he'll be flying around in the 747 for the most part, just like his predecessors. He had the 727 for a number of years, and the 757 will stick around until he decides to replace it. Keep in mind he also owns a bunch of other airplanes, including a Citation.

I hope all the chicken littles follow through on such promises, so the rest of us can buy your stuff, cheap.
I think all the people who want other people to leave the country should leave the country!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back