Does Trump sell his 757 when he becomes president?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"sticking in neutral", always hated that when it happened. :rolleyes:

These are Rolls Royce engines too. They are among the best made today!

I'm guessing he must have some sort of deal with RR. When seeing a video about his 757 he was talking about how great they are, and both the 757 and his Citation have big Rolls stickers on the side of the engines, something I don't see on other Citations.

The RB211 is nothing special anymore. Sure, the triple spool was big news in the early 70s when it was introduced (and the triple spool concept is still used on the Trent engine series), but now it's a design that's been in the field over 40 years, originally designed around 50 years ago...

Incidentally, I don't think triple spool is the way to go on turbines, but that's me.

Correct. This is pretty well documented.

The interior of the plane is really quite something. I remember hearing that if the gold used in the plane were melted down, it would be enough to cover a Greyhound bus. Like Trump or hate him, the interior of that plane is beautiful.

If he wins, he'll almost certainly keep the plane, but he'll be flying around in the 747 for the most part, just like his predecessors. He had the 727 for a number of years, and the 757 will stick around until he decides to replace it. Keep in mind he also owns a bunch of other airplanes, including a Citation.

Here is a documentary made last year on Trump and the 757.

While it might be fitted out for campaigning, AF-1 has a bit more stuff on it that a sitting president needs. I've not been in the VC-25s used, but I've been through the older 707-based planes. The amount of comm gear alone in that plane is staggering.

I think all the people who want other people to leave the country should leave the country!
He said he was leaving. I didn't tell him to leave. I just said I'd be happy to get a deal on his stuff if he actually follows through. Frankly, I think this is the best country in the world despite who the president is, and I'll stay, thanks. But as far as I'm concerned, anyone who feels differently can go someplace they like better, and I won't miss them.

He said he was leaving. I didn't tell him to leave. I just said I'd be happy to get a deal on his stuff if he actually follows through. Frankly, I think this is the best country in the world despite who the president is, and I'll stay, thanks. But as far as I'm concerned, anyone who feels differently can go someplace they like better, and I won't miss them.

I agree, most people get on these sites to complain, complain and complain but if they were born in some other parts of the world they would be more fortunate. The only reason why people have the lifestyle that they have is because they were born in the United States, something they had no control over.

Yep. I knew some folks who said they would leave if GWB was elected. After he was elected twice, they were still here. I also know people who said they would leave if BHO was elected. After he was elected twice, they are still here. Again, I am hearing the same sentiments regarding both Trump & Clinton. I doubt if the results will be any different. It is all hyperbolic bluster. You just got to laugh at them.

You said you hoped all the chicken littles would follow through on their promises to leave.

Maybe we all should leave. Then the winner will be left holding an empty bag. :D

[QUOTE="Pilawt, post: 2148739, member: Paul Allen uses his 757 for things other than personal transportation. Nevertheless, it's fun to imagine the Barnstormers ad.

Interestingly, the last time POTUS disrupted the local economy for a fundraiser here in Portland, he arrived (from DC) in the 747 and left (for Rapid City) in the 757.[/QUOTE]

Paul Allen used to have two 757s. Thought this was one of them. He flies Global Express now. Don't ask how I know, can't say....

[QUOTE="Pilawt, post: 2148739, member: Paul Allen uses his 757 for things other than personal transportation. Nevertheless, it's fun to imagine the Barnstormers ad.

Interestingly, the last time POTUS disrupted the local economy for a fundraiser here in Portland, he arrived (from DC) in the 747 and left (for Rapid City) in the 757.

Paul Allen used to have two 757s. Thought this was one of them. He flies Global Express now. Don't ask how I know, can't say....[/QUOTE]

Everybody needs a couple of jets for tossing chairs around conference rooms. Hehehe. :)

Ronald Reagan's favorite horse at his ranch was named El Alamein. But when the President was riding, he was "Nag One".

:D

Don't know if this was El Alamein, but I always liked this photo:

9445d94dbc9f69a9d1a72fef5b4fde24.jpg

El Alamein was a grey Arabian horse, but I don't think that was him. That photo appears to be at the old ranch in Malibu. Reagan bought Rancho del Cielo in 1974 (look for the GVO VORTAC on a chart - it's on the ranch property), and received El Alamein as a gift from the President of Mexico in 1981. There was a beautiful oil painting of El Alamein, by legendary equine artist Orren Mixer, in the guest house on the ranch.

Attachments

• El Alamein.jpg
    El Alamein.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I just read that Air Force 1 operating costs are $206,337 dollars AN HOUR o_O (Source: http://www.businessinsider.com/price-to-fly-on-air-force-one-2015-2)

So lets say you flew from New York City to San Diego which is about 2112 Miles, (Roughly) and you are flying at max cruise which is 630 MPH you would get there in 3 Hours and 30 Mins which is awesome. (Approx) but would cost us taxpayers: $680,920 to fly there ONE way round trip is $1,361,840 o_O That is just ONE airplane he also flys with the C17 which brings all of the vehicles. The cost to fly are a little cheaper but not much different.

Is that raw airframe hourly cost? Or hourly mission cost, factoring in the C17's with limo's, helo, details, advance team labor costs, etc....?

9445d94dbc9f69a9d1a72fef5b4fde24.jpg
That is a nice photo but I didn't realize he rode English since he seemed to cultivate a western cowboy image.

That is a nice photo but I didn't realize he rode English since he seemed to cultivate a western cowboy image.

I suspect a lot of the people who watched him didn't know the difference (like me).

The jets trump owns are old. They would not be allowed due to their age and lack of electronic equipment which is sizeable not to mention missle protection, etc. as for cost, the discussion should be about the f35 which will cost over a trillion dollars by the end of its run. Recently the pilots helmet has been an issue. Pilots say it's too heavy and hard to turn their heads. In addition , the helmet hits the top of the canopy in some cases. It costs over 400 THOUSAND dollars.

Last edited:
I tell you what, when Trump becomes President, I'm selling my plane, my house and all my stock as fast as I can, converting it all to euros and getting the hell out. He should probably sell his plane too.
Buh bye!

If a government employee prefers to use private assets (example: an email system), then sure, I see no reason why Trump couldn't use his plane instead of the 747. Security obviously wouldn't matter.
At this point what does it matter?

Yep. I knew some folks who said they would leave if GWB was elected. After he was elected twice, they were still here. I also know people who said they would leave if BHO was elected. After he was elected twice, they are still here. Again, I am hearing the same sentiments regarding both Trump & Clinton. I doubt if the results will be any different. It is all hyperbolic bluster. You just got to laugh at them.
Yeah, but this time they mean it.

The jets trump owns are old. They would not be allowed due to their age and lack of electronic equipment which is sizeable not to mention missle protection, etc. as for cost, the discussion should be about the f35 which will cost over a trillion dollars by the end of its run. Recently the pilots helmet has been an issue. Pilots say it's too heavy and hard to turn their heads. In addition , the helmet hits the top of the canopy in some cases. It costs over 400 THOUSAND dollars.

The 747s are older than Trump's 757 or Citation.

Age doesn't matter to the government (look at the age of most of our military aircraft), it's the equipment.

Is that raw airframe hourly cost? Or hourly mission cost, factoring in the C17's with limo's, helo, details, advance team labor costs, etc....?

Sorry, I stopped counting at 206,337 an Hour o_O That is Minimum. It only goes uphill from there no wonder the government is so greedy when it comes to taxes but that is another story made for a different forum.

Sorry, I stopped counting at 206,337 an Hour o_O That is Minimum. It only goes uphill from there no wonder the government is so greedy when it comes to taxes but that is another story made for a different forum.
You'd better study history and see what taxes were under Kennedy ( who cut them some) thru Eisenhower. Much much higher and these were boom years. As warren buffet stated " if you were born in the U.S. You won the lottery of life" you might try Syria, Russia or perhaps Iraq and see if living there is better. This is a great country and is already great compared to most others . you can bet the maintenance on the presidents airplane, copters, etc, is first class. Not sure about the Donald. He's hard to pin down .

Last edited:
The 747s are older than Trump's 757 or Citation.

Age doesn't matter to the government (look at the age of most of our military aircraft), it's the equipment.
Age doesn't seem to matter for a lot ofpeople on this site who buy something like an old 172', high time engine , a fifty year old airplane or older, for too much money and hope and pray it'll go another few hundred hours. In the Air Force it was called " wishing in one hand, sh...ing in the other and seeing which fills up first" .

You'd better study history and see what taxes were under Kennedy ( who cut them some) thru Eisenhower. Much much higher and these were boom years. As warren buffet stated " if you were born in the U.S. You won the lottery of life" you might try Syria, Russia or perhaps Iraq and see if living there is better. This is a great country and is already great compared to most others . you can bet the maintenance on the presidents airplane, copters, etc, is first class. Not sure about the Donald. He's hard to pin down .

Kennedy thru Eisenhower? Usually you would list historical people or eras in order such as "Eisenhower thru Kennedy". Otherwise, I agree.

As warren buffet stated " if you were born in the U.S. You won the lottery of life" you might try Syria, Russia or perhaps Iraq and see if living there is better.

Oh no not another if you don't like it move post. Seriously!?! I didn't say I don't like living in the USA this is my home and I love it, just certain things need to be adjusted. Can we stick to airplanes...okay?

Oh no not another if you don't like it move post. Seriously!?! I didn't say I don't like living in the USA this is my home and I love it, just certain things need to be adjusted. Can we stick to airplanes...okay?

I think we're up to 17,000 pages of "adjusting" on the tax code. Must need some more. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back