Dallas Area meet-up Sat 1/28?

Dang, I'm out, sorry. Gotta fly to Stinkyland tomorrow.
But then again, I am not from the DFW area so I did not count to begin with.
Y'all have a good time!
(and I'll be up in DFW on Sunday anyway *sigh* )

Tried to get tomorrow evening shift and couldn't. Have a fever and had to burn another precious sick day today to boot. :( sorry guys

6PC's is programmed to say "Bryan w/ a Y" instead of generic "Dave". Just saying.
Yea I was make an obscure quote from HAL the computer in 2001 Space odyssey:)

I am a definite maybe for this. Got some kids' events to work around, and have some family coming to to town. But I've ended my self-imposed hiatus and am ready to do some flying.

Dang I'm missing out, I'm up at Broken Bow for the weekend, at least I did get to fly up here.

Dang, I'm out, sorry. Gotta fly to Stinkyland tomorrow.
But then again, I am not from the DFW area so I did not count to begin with.
Y'all have a good time!
(and I'll be up in DFW on Sunday anyway *sigh* )
Crud... so much for getting free breakfast in exchange for a CarFax report.

Let us know when you next plan to be in the area.

Damn this is perfect flying weather. I would guess I'm going to be about 15 minutes behind.

Y4XoGkh.jpg

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

I wanted to say hi but it is busy today. Working til 2 if you guys wanted to bring me back something from the restaurant! ;)

Really wish I was able to come with.

It was really great meeting everyone this morning.
And Thank you Scott for picking up the tab. That was very nice.

Great company, food, and a great day to fly!

Me and my trusty Co-Pilot!
20170128_100518.jpg

These guys tried to out run me but I had a better tail wind at 6000 ft!
20170128_101750.jpg

20170128_101919.jpg

20170128_124133.jpg

I didn't mean to stand in front of Mitch! I just grabbed a spot.
20170128_124549.jpg

20170128_124948.jpg

The POA Fleet!
20170128_125001.jpg

20170128_125009.jpg

Attachments

• 20170128_124541.jpg
    20170128_124541.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Happy looking group! Glad y'all had fun. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
It was funny when Longview approach told Brian about traffic in front of him and we heard,

"I have the Bonanza in sight, and will slow down. Two Five Mike Victor"

@eman1200 ,

Not sure if Dale is on here. He, Hunter, and Kelli came from a local facebook group.
TexasHiuker Gal and Mitch came from dfwpilots.com but I believe THG is now a member here.

Sorry again for standing there. I handed the waitress my camera and just scooted back.
Mitch is super tall but I think the waitress was super short.

I do think AggieMike convinced Hunter and Kelli to join up here.
They are both center controllers.

who.jpg

What the hell am I thinking?

Left to right
Bonanza, 182, RV / Cardinal, 182, Grumman Tiger, Cirrus, Comanche, and Scott didn't fly in so I didn't get to see what he was in. Maybe that shiny chrome doo hickey out on the ramp :)

Last edited:
Well as usual, a month late and a dollar short.

I hope someone sees this post since it is a bygone event.

I have been away from this forum for awhile and not flying a lot. My wife of 42 years passed away which, of course, changed my life drastically. She did not fly with me, so that limited my attendance at POA and other aviation activities. Time has moved forward and life goes on. The lovely lady that is now in my life LOVES to fly with me and we are even adding a faster plane to the fleet.

SO..... Within a few weeks I should be ready for some get togethers. I will try to watch these threads, but if something is being planned I would appreciate a PM note.

Now, if someone tunes into this old thread I will be set. Thanks to all.

Well as usual, a month late and a dollar short.

I hope someone sees this post since it is a bygone event.

I have been away from this forum for awhile and not flying a lot. My wife of 42 years passed away which, of course, changed my life drastically. She did not fly with me, so that limited my attendance at POA and other aviation activities. Time has moved forward and life goes on. The lovely lady that is now in my life LOVES to fly with me and we are even adding a faster plane to the fleet.

SO..... Within a few weeks I should be ready for some get togethers. I will try to watch these threads, but if something is being planned I would appreciate a PM note.

Now, if someone tunes into this old thread I will be set. Thanks to all.
WELCOME back to POA!
Sorry about your lose of your wife.
Congrats on new love.
What faster plane are you adding?

Back