Dallas Area meet-up Sat 1/28?

I think Eren said - "I don't want you drinking with Ravioli any more" and he said "But he's flying there so he's cut off"

Attendance:
Ravioli and Lisa
SixPapaCharlie and Jack
JCCranford and Susan
Scott@KTYR
AggieMike88
Overdrive148
?Matthew Hood
?BigBadLou?

Not 100% sure yet but I need to go to Arlington this weekend so might as well have breakfast first. :)

Don't think I can make it - have to say goodbye to a friend. :(

new to the forum, but I plan to be there, in my new Grumman Tiger, with a friend.

AggieMike knows me. Don't hold that against me, lol..

Hope to meet some new flying friends there.

So..

Attendance:
Ravioli and Lisa
SixPapaCharlie and Jack
JCCranford and Susan
Scott@KTYR
AggieMike88
Overdrive148
?Matthew Hood
?BigBadLou?
Texashikergal02 + 1

13 and counting... Yippee!

@Scott@KTYR - probably want a table for 20 at the rate we're going...

How many is too many?
There is the North Texas aviators group on FB.
That's a lot of folks though

new to the forum, but I plan to be there, in my new Grumman Tiger, with a friend.

Welcome! I look forward to seeing the Tiger!

So..

Attendance:
Ravioli and Lisa
SixPapaCharlie and Jack
JCCranford and Susan
Scott@KTYR
AggieMike88
Overdrive148
?Matthew Hood
?BigBadLou?
Texashikergal02 + 1

13 and counting... Yippee!

@Scott@KTYR - probably want a table for 20 at the rate we're going...
Sounds Great, I will call them today to see what they can do for us.

How many is too many?
There is the North Texas aviators group on FB.
That's a lot of folks though
Brian, are you saying there is a group from North Texas that is flying in to Tyler this Saturday Too?

WELCOME TO POA. See you in Tyler.

It's already been cross-posted to DFWPilots.com... so farcebook could only make it bigger.

Isn't bigger automatically better?

I called the cafe and talked to Julie. She said she does not know of any other group fly-in for this Saturday.

I said we need a table up to 20 starting at 10:30. She will have it ready for us.

I will get there early and have signs on the table.

I called the cafe and talked to Julie. She said she does not know of any other group fly-in for this Saturday.

I said we need a table up to 20 starting at 10:30. She will have it ready for us.

The wx forecast for Saturday says "low clouds". That hopefully means that most rusty VFR pilots will stay at home and we will have the cafe to ourselves? :D

The wx forecast for Saturday says "low clouds". That hopefully means that most rusty VFR pilots will stay at home and we will have the cafe to ourselves? :D
My go to weather website USAIRNET.COM is saying clear to over 12000 feet skies.

If you guys don't mind, I'm going to go ahead and just put my final call in here. I don't want to mess with it while flying.

Tyler traffic or tower, cirrus 25MV inbound Saturday. Full stop. Please just make way.

That handles that

If you guys don't mind, I'm going to go ahead and just put my final call in here. I don't want to mess with it while flying.

Tyler traffic or tower, cirrus 25MV inbound Saturday. Full stop. Please just make way.

That handles that

Just call Flight Service and have them issue you a NOTAM. You can do that you know. Can't you?

My go to weather website USAIRNET.COM is saying clear to over 12000 feet skies.
You are right, sir. The initial forecast has changed, it looks like it will clear up early in the morning even down here in CTX and Houston shouldn't be socked in anymore (going to Stinkyland on Sat, I'm afraid).

Can you also call Jet Center and advise them they have a dozen "non-jets" swarming them between 10 and Noon?

Thanks for being the man on the scene!

Can you also call Jet Center and advise them they have a dozen "non-jets" swarming them between 10 and Noon?

Thanks for being the man on the scene!
I would be happy to do that but you can park in front of the old terminal(Tower) and the restaurant will open the gate for you. Easy in and out. Right next to the old war birds.

Last edited:
Oh, I guess I misunderstood the instructions.

What is the most convenient place to park for those who will not need fuel or services? @SixPapaCharlie will need to get Cirrus treatment with water bottles and fancy place mats but the rest of us won't need that jazz.

Oh, I guess I misunderstood the instructions.

What is the most convenient place to park for those who will not need fuel or services? @SixPapaCharlie will need to get Cirrus treatment with water bottles and fancy place mats but the rest of us won't need that jazz.
Park on the ramp at the Tower (left of the war birds). It is a few steps to the cafe. For fuel and almost Cirrus treatment, the Jet Center is to the right of the Tower. After landing just tell the tower (120.1) or ground (121.9) where you want to go.

There's a tower??? Can someone call the tower and make a reservation for me?

I would like the airport and all of the airspace around it to be available for me between 9 and 11

There's a tower??? Can someone call the tower and make a reservation for me?

I would like the airport and all of the airspace around it to be available for me between 9 and 11
Will do, but I thought that was one of the Cirrus Concierge services.

Just hop in your plane and a voice ask you where you want to go and they clear a path for you!!!!
" Hello Dave - How can I help you"

Back