Dallas Area meet-up Sat 1/28?

Ravioli

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Unwanted Guest - Perma-ban Pending
I have a fresh flight review and an airplane for Saturday!

I'm game for anywhere (although I still go to Hard 8 more than any man should :))

Anyone ready for an impromptu gathering? The weather guessers say 56* and Sunny.

Checking my schedule.
Where ya thinking?

I'm in. -- John C. -- If you want to fly together, we can work on some IFR items for both of us.

The Beacon is too close, and the Hard 8 is too common...

Llano (KAQO) I think there's a Cooper's BBQ right near there using the Courtesy Van.

Fredericksburg (T82) has the diner right on the field.

I don't really care. We could go North just as easily.

North to Ozzie's (KOUN) might work

http://m.mainstreethub.com/ozziesdiner
Looks like a good location, however it would be a little too far for us non-north-Texans. A TX location might be more favorable. But if the majority agrees on KOUN, I'd jump that far anyway.

FWIW, T82 is very popular and especially now might be a little over-crowded due to 2 other favorite CTX restaurants closing recently. Just a thought.

Just a completely random question: does the Waco area have any fly-in restaurants? (since I have not heard of one and am curious)

There is also Lancaster and Red Bird (Exec).

There's T35 in Cameron for the 50's Cafe, a short walk from the airport

Negative, Ghostrider, that's one of the closed cafes. :(
Yhey had great food and great desserts!
Darn... that was good grub.

There are a few good spots along the freeway in Waco... not sure what's near KACT...

Mexia has a bbq place across the highway. Dunno if you can get the van if yer not havin' work done. Ask me why I know this...

KTYR Tyler has a nice restaurant on the field. It is next to the warbird museum at the old terminal.

We were just in Fredericksburg (T82) this past Friday night and there was hardly a soul. Flew in about 4pm and there were 3 planes on the ramp. When we got back to the hotel (the Hangar Hotel is pretty awesome) about 8pm, there were only a few more. Not sure if it's the time of year, or the weather that we had to beat out on Saturday, but we had the place to ourselves. Even the diner was dead Saturday morning.

We were just in Fredericksburg (T82) this past Friday night and there was hardly a soul. Flew in about 4pm and there were 3 planes on the ramp. When we got back to the hotel (the Hangar Hotel is pretty awesome) about 8pm, there were only a few more. Not sure if it's the time of year, or the weather that we had to beat out on Saturday, but we had the place to ourselves. Even the diner was dead Saturday morning.
T82 is very popular for breakfast, brunch and lunch. It dies down very quickly afterwards. And I think you are right, bad weather will deter most of the VFR-only pilots.

Need to back out.

I'm taking my daughter to a birthday party at 1. On Saturday.

LOL, if you flew in at 4PM the diner was closed... it's only open until 2PM on Friday! I've always wanted to take the wife out there for a night, but you have to get a rental car and go into town for dinner since the diner is never open. Saturday is the only day they're open until 4PM, every other day it's 2PM, closed on Mon & Tue.

I don't know about that. I don't think it can be that good since they used less than a 100 exclamation points on their simple main page. I don't know if I would trust them to cook the eggs right if they cannot put a dozen exclamation points behind them. :D
Every exclamation point is well deserved!!!!!

would it kill them to put the airport identifier on their webpage?

Okay, KTYR it is.

Must confess I'm a little bit nervous about the runway sizes. I hope they don't put me on that little one (4,850' x 150') but I'm up for a "challenge".

Plan for 10:30 at the restaurant. Fly-in instructions are on http://www.skylinecafe.org/fly-ins-welcome.php

We'll be flying the Cardinal out of Meacham. Unless I get my butt in gear and finish my little project on the RV. I need to drill one hole, insert one cotter pin, replace 5 bolts, and put the nose pant and fairing back on. That's about a month of shop labor for me :( (yes, also sarcasm)

LOL, if you flew in at 4PM the diner was closed... it's only open until 2PM on Friday! I've always wanted to take the wife out there for a night, but you have to get a rental car and go into town for dinner since the diner is never open. Saturday is the only day they're open until 4PM, every other day it's 2PM, closed on Mon & Tue.

I was referring to the airport in general, not just the diner. We knew the hours and arranged a rental car to do some wine tasting Friday and Saturday. Well, tasting for her on Saturday. I got to do some wine sniffing. Then, it was nap time for her the whole way home and I got to enjoy the silence!

Okay - 10:30AM at KTYR

Attendance:
@Ravioli and Lisa
@SixPapaCharlie and Jack

Please quote the most recent quote of this message, adding your name. I will call the restaurant on Friday afternoon to arrange a table.

Okay - 10:30AM at KTYR

Attendance:
@Ravioli and Lisa
@SixPapaCharlie and Jack
JCCranford and Susan, and I think AggieMike

Please quote this message adding your name. I will call the restaurant on Friday afternoon to arrange a table.

Way to stand up to the wife 6PC! Show her who's boss! (I can see it in my mind: 'Please Eren. Pretty please can you take her to the party so I can go flying? Come on, Ill cook dinner tonight!')
:D

So I work Saturday morning at Meacham.

Maybe I could swap for a 2-10 night shift...I could fly back and go straight to work? That sounds like a blast but I hate putting everyone on a time constraint to be back.

Good to Hear!!! I will get up early and fly around so it feels like I am going to a Fly-in!!!:)
I will have a POA sign on the table. Looks like 8 are coming so far. See you there.

I'll confirm going out there with John.

There may be a chance that one of our new club members, Matthew Hood, will accompany us.

I will also cross post on www.DFWPilots.com/board

I'll confirm going out there with John.

There may be a chance that one of our new club members, Matthew Hood, will accompany us.

I will also cross post on www.DFWPilots.com/board
Let me know if any of the DFWPilots are coming and I will get a bigger table.

Attendance:
Ravioli and Lisa
SixPapaCharlie and Jack
JCCranford and Susan
Scott@KTYR
AggieMike88
Overdrive148
?Matthew Hood

Way to stand up to the wife 6PC! Show her who's boss! (I can see it in my mind: 'Please Eren. Pretty please can you take her to the party so I can go flying? Come on, Ill cook dinner tonight!')
:D

Bet it cost him more than cooking dinner! Recall he begged last time y'all had a meet.

Back