Daily Pic

Mrs. 6PC taking the yoke so I could have a gin and tonic.

That brings memories. First time Mrs. Moonshine took the yoke was so that I could use one of them bags that turn liquid into stone. While flying (loose) formation with half a dozen other aircraft.

Couple pics from my solo XC today Flew from KMYF to KHMT and back.

wQ0wb_QXGiXzzvqwfk_UjSRvEU4BI_drsu5rdKlQEQ=w736-h414-p-no

l6n5gMsQT9o1wt0svOvsySZH2Njmi9fCJLPFRSikvw=w736-h414-p-no

-Brian

Two Classic '58's

Met a buddy yesterday afternoon and took him and his girlfriend flying. We've been wanting to get a shot of our '58's side-by-side and finally did yesterday at MDH (Carbondale, IL)

Two things would've made it better.

1. If they BOTH had their original paint scheme. (his is not just the original scheme but the original paint).

2. If it the photos were taken on grass.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

And, when it's time to paint mine, it's going back to the original scheme.

Maybe the original colors:

attachment.php

Maybe not:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20141019_133535_395.jpg
    IMG_20141019_133535_395.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_20141019_133653_028.jpg
    IMG_20141019_133653_028.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_20141019_133517_589.jpg
    IMG_20141019_133517_589.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 290
  • ces-182.jpg
    ces-182.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 290
  • Pretty Straight Tail.JPG
    Pretty Straight Tail.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
Met a buddy yesterday afternoon and took him and his girlfriend flying. We've been wanting to get a shot of our '58's side-by-side and finally did yesterday at MDH (Carbondale, IL)

Two things would've made it better.

1. If they BOTH had their original paint scheme. (his is not just the original scheme but the original paint).

2. If it the photos were taken on grass.

Nice pix! It's weird that those vehicles were made the year I was born, are now considered antiques, and will probably be around long after we're gone.

Re: Two Classic '58's

attachment.php

And, when it's time to paint mine, it's going back to the original scheme.

And another '58. Love your choice of paint colors.

My original "N" was 5151D so I guess I came off the line a couple of months after yours.

By the way. I can only put thumbnails on the reply. How do you get the whole picture onto the main message?

Oshkosh '12

Jim

Attachments

• Snapshot - 3.jpg
    Snapshot - 3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 440
Last edited:
We flew to Fredericksburg for the weekend with 6PC's family. His dad flew the Tampico, and Bryan rented the Cessna he trained in, since 6 of us went down. Fun weekend!

Ah! Sounds like a fun weekend. 6PC is blessed (as am I) to have a supportive wife who enjoys going places by small plane. Although I'm pretty sure mine won't take the controls voluntarily.

John

International Departure Terminal at Wellington, NZ.

Attachments

• IMG_2367.JPG
    IMG_2367.JPG
    1,001.3 KB · Views: 84
Once again I ask ...

Can anybody tell me how to imbed images into the BODY of the post rather than as an attachment and thumbnail?

Thanks,

Jim

[ IMG ]direct link to image [ /IMG]

take out the spaces

Once again I ask ...

Can anybody tell me how to imbed images into the BODY of the post rather than as an attachment and thumbnail?

Thanks,

Jim

An internet link. Typically through a photo hosting website (at least thats what I've used).

A link to the file on your hard drive won't work.

This... But you don't need to use a photo hosting web site.

After you upload the photo to PoA (which is how you're getting the thumbnail version posted), you'll see a link in both the upload window and the message window for that photo (under Manage Attachments). Right-click the link for the pic, then click the picture link just above the editing field (looks like a mini image of mountains and sun), paste the link to the picture you copied a moment ago, hit OK, hit "Submit Reply."

Or, instead of clicking the button, you can manually put the IMG tags in.

For example, Jim, on the last pic you posted:

[ IMG ] http:// www.pilotsofamerica.com/ forum/ attachment.php?attachmentid=36239&d=1413822369 [ /IMG ] without the spaces results in:

attachment.php

Scheduled to add 43rd Make/Model to my logbook this afternoon. Recently joined Plus One Flyers, largest and most active flying club in the US and starting to checkout in various types to expand travel options.

Nice thing about this club is if you checkout in the most complex/highest performance version of a family (e.g., C-172RG) it counts for all lesser versions within the family - I will also do an Arrow and 182RG checkout soon to add all the PA-28's and C-182's in the club.

5424V_zps9c1ea3fd.jpg

'Gimp

Last edited:

After you upload the photo to PoA (which is how you're getting the thumbnail version posted), you'll see a link in both the upload window and the message window for that photo (under Manage Attachments). Right-click the link for the pic, then click the picture link just above the editing field (looks like a mini image of mountains and sun), paste the link to the picture you copied a moment ago, hit OK, hit "Submit Reply."

Got it, I think. It will take me a bit to get it down pat, but I think I got it.

Thanks,

Jim

"Elephant rock" off the eastern edge of Molokai, Hawaii. You can barely see it on the sectional next to a private field "18HI".

Last edited:

After you upload the photo to PoA (which is how you're getting the thumbnail version posted), you'll see a link in both the upload window and the message window for that photo (under Manage Attachments).

It didn't work that way for me. Right clicking the link got me nothing. I'll keep trying, but see "Test Post" for my first shot at it.

THanks,

Jim

Right-click the link for the pic, then click the picture link just above the editing field (looks like a mini image of mountains and sun), paste the link to the picture you copied a moment ago, hit OK, hit "Submit Reply."

Or, instead of clicking the button, you can manually put the IMG tags in.

For example, Jim, on the last pic you posted:

[ IMG ] http:// www.pilotsofamerica.com/ forum/ attachment.php?attachmentid=36239&d=1413822369 [ /IMG ] without the spaces results in:

Chicago lakeshore route.

Attachments

• IMG_1198.JPG
    IMG_1198.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
image.jpgTook this yesterday. Go Royals!image.jpg

Last edited:
It didn't work that way for me. Right clicking the link got me nothing. I'll keep trying, but see "Test Post" for my first shot at it.

Sorry, my instructions were incomplete. Right-click the link and you should get a menu, you want to choose the option labeled "Copy Image URL" or the like.

If you paste that into a new browser window, you should get nothing but the image itself - No surrounding web page.

Then, paste that address between the IMG tags and you should be good to go.

Recently joined Plus One Flyers, largest and most active flying club in the US and starting to checkout in various types to expand travel options.

Holy crap - 66 airplanes! Wow!

I didn't think anyone was bigger than West Valley or Aspen, but West Valley has 46 planes, Aspen has 30 planes and a boat. (Yes, a boat. That's new...)

Holy crap - 66 airplanes! Wow!

I didn't think anyone was bigger than West Valley or Aspen, but West Valley has 46 planes, Aspen has 30 planes and a boat. (Yes, a boat. That's new...)
It is a huge operation, with planes at 4 area airfields, Champ to several Duchess', bunch of Skyhawks, PA-28's, Skylanes, a nice Deb and a V-Tail Bonanza, even an Aztec and a Malibu, just got a Super Cub I think - very professional group with a good variety of well kept aircraft.

'Gimp

Say "Hello" to the J&E RIGGIN
Not out so far and not blocked by my spar.
I must say she always looks so pristine;
On that day not far from mariners' books at Castine.

[Maine Maritime Academy is located at Castine.
I had done an aerial photro shoot of the campus prior to this
schooner shot.]

Attachments

• DSC06384 (1).JPG
    DSC06384 (1).JPG
    9.5 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Flying into Quincy, CA (2O1)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Quincy approach.jpg
    Quincy approach.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 348
Looking east along the seawall... wing up, base-to-final, Rwy 36, Galveston Scholes Field, Texas (KGLS) about 3 weeks ago. Flew there from Denver for a wedding.

The mosquitos have tail numbers down there.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Galveston_Seawall_large.jpg
    Galveston_Seawall_large.jpg
    397.3 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
Dad's first trip as a Captain on the 737. He's doing JFK-AUS tonight. It's crazy how much he looks like my grandpa in this picture.

captain_zps6c23ef3f.jpg

Looking east along the seawall... wing up, base-to-final, Rwy 36, Galveston Scholes Field, Texas (KGLS) about 3 weeks ago. Flew there from Denver for a wedding.

The mosquitos have tail numbers down there.

attachment.php
Wow! I've flown into Galveston many times, and never been THAT low! lol

What are you -- 300 AGL? ;-)

I love the capture of the airplane's shadow. It's always fun to fly along the water's edge.

Wow! I've flown into Galveston many times, and never been THAT low! lol

What are you -- 300 AGL? ;-)

C'mon, Jay, you took Algebra 2 or Trig in high school. Let's see now, the shadow is about a car lane width which is x feet, and the wingspan of the aircraft is y feet, so do the triangle and figure out the squaw of the hippopotamus.

Jim

C'mon, Jay, you took Algebra 2 or Trig in high school. Let's see now, the shadow is about a car lane width which is x feet, and the wingspan of the aircraft is y feet, so do the triangle and figure out the squaw of the hippopotamus.

Jim
:lol:

Great 24 hours of aviation!

Yesterday I finally got my checkout done in the Cutlass 172RG. 43rd make/model in the logbook over 28 years.
28RJ_zpsb6367ad3.jpg

Then this morning a group of our EAA 14 pilots flew up to Big Bear (L35) - followed the Big Bear Pilots' Association recommended arrival and had a nice lunch with them. Winds on landing were 15 gusting 28 but almost straight down the runway, Density altitude on takeoff was 8,500'.

DSC00040_zps9c636f50.jpg

DSC00042_zpsb1852c0d.jpg

'Gimp

Work

Taking my Granddaughter for her first airplane ride. of course we had to go to First Flight Airport.

Taken on the ground at KSET during their annual pumpkin drop. CAF rolled out their B-25 & TBM Avenger to join in the fun.

20141025_123919.jpg

20141025_124736.jpg

20141025_125028.jpg

20141025_125607.jpg

I've only just now gotten the ability to post pics...a few weeks ago the Navy Blue Angels were in town:

Blue Angels 1.JPG

Blue Angels 2.JPG

As was Sean Tucker....

Sean Tucker.JPG

And the Army parachute team...

Leapfrogs.JPG

Back