Commercial Flight Training Practice - How much on Own vs with CFI?

I would consider it an interesting diversion but I'd have to be pretty bored to actually pull the trigger.

Interesting viewpoint, that you'd have to be pretty bored in order to accept being paid to go fly, but to each his own I guess.

If that's the case, then yes, I agree there's probably no point in you getting the Commercial. Go for some other training to improve your skills instead.

I haven't done a lot of ferry/delivery flying, but what I did always took me somewhere I hadn't been before, and that's one of the interesting things about flying, to me.

My IR XC day was >100nm and >2hrs.

I would consider it an interesting diversion but I'd have to be pretty bored to actually pull the trigger.

1. For a while, maybe. I have a feeling I'd revert back to the mean of whatever is the majority of my flying at the time.
  2. I'm not the bragging type. :)
I think you're underestimating the "swoon and vapors" part.............

As well, I want to be set up for getting my CFI and maybe doing that in retirement.

For me the wife swooning and vapors seem to happen in the airplane while I’m flying. Skills maybe?

Since I owned my own airplane I practiced the maneuvers without the instructor often. I still do Chantelle’s and steep turns just for kicks.

I do wonder what they intended with "Day Time Conditions". Day is before end of civil twilight. But what is the point if IMC and you're on instruments? And it doesn't say "Day". It says "Daytime Conditions". Just curious.

(iii) One 2-hour cross country flight in a single engine airplane in daytime conditions that consists of a total straight-line distance of more than 100 nautical miles from the original point of departure;

Back