Cirrus SR22 2017 here are the REAL changes.

Interesting opinions here. What happened to different strokes for different folks?

You do know Mooneys have AC option also right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most of the ones I've seen didn't have it installed. Whether you're in the front or back, the Cirrus has been the most comfortable ride IMO.

Again it's an option on either plane... option. I wouldn't want it, where I live...

Corvairs got whacked by that goofy Nader dude. Cool cars, ahead of their time. Sure they had some problems, but what car of that era didn't?

If TPMS existed back then, the Corvair would not have had a bad rep.

Couple things...

I think a lot of the hate on Cirrus planes is that they're not viewed as a "pilot's pilot" plane. There seem to be two stereotypes that enter the Cirrus market... people on the low end of the aviation experience spectrum that are wowed by gadgets and gizmos, and those on the upper end of the spectrum that are tired of compromising comfort or speed or technology and want to step into something that has that all going for it.

I didn't like the promo video. But I certainly don't hate on anyone who owns a Cirrus, or the plane itself. If I had a million bucks to drop on an airplane, I'm not sure it would be a Cirrus. Wouldn't be a Mooney for a third of the price either. But I certainly wouldn't be mad about owning either.

I think gsengle is taking a lot of heat for his list of reasons people hate Cirrus planes/owners... and he wasn't stating his opinion directly. He was answering a question someone posed asking about the hate and where it comes from. I think he did a good job summarizing some of the opinions out there, even if they're not his.

Couple things...

I think a lot of the hate on Cirrus planes is that they're not viewed as a "pilot's pilot" plane. There seem to be two stereotypes that enter the Cirrus market... people on the low end of the aviation experience spectrum that are wowed by gadgets and gizmos, and those on the upper end of the spectrum that are tired of compromising comfort or speed or technology and want to step into something that has that all going for it.

I didn't like the promo video. But I certainly don't hate on anyone who owns a Cirrus, or the plane itself. If I had a million bucks to drop on an airplane, I'm not sure it would be a Cirrus. Wouldn't be a Mooney for a third of the price either. But I certainly wouldn't be mad about owning either.

I think gsengle is taking a lot of heat for his list of reasons people hate Cirrus planes/owners... and he wasn't stating his opinion directly. He was answering a question someone posed asking about the hate and where it comes from. I think he did a good job summarizing some of the opinions out there, even if they're not his.

I think the general consensus is that the G6 maybe shouldn't have been a G6 but a G5+ ... the G5 was certainly a major improvement over the G3 (still a great plane.... hell, they all are but I'm not credible enough to talk about how much I like my plane since I didn't fly every model of every plane ever). I'd love to try the new avionics. The OTA DB updates and on-screen charts would be sweet. But I wouldn't kick my G5 22T out of bed for a new one.

Last edited:
Couple things...

Sure, and a 182 with its Land-o-matic gear is a real man's aircraft.

Well.....if you give me a ride in your Cirrus, I'd be willing to put your name back on my list. I may even reciprocate by giving you a ride in my lowly Cherokee. ;)

Tim - I'd be happy to give you (or anyone else interested) a ride in my SR22 but Tucson is a bit far from Ohio... If anyone is closer and interested let me know. Or Tim - if you ever make it out around these parts, same deal.. I'm a big fan of sharing my passion (got 5-6 people started in flying) - even with existing pilots!

Rudy, appreciate the offer but it probably won't happen. My comment was tongue firmly planted in cheek. I've already got two rides in RV-7s so a Cirrus ride can't be too far off in the future. I meet more pilots all the time. I've given lots of rides in my lowly Cherokee and people seem to enjoy it. ;)

But before you say it....my answer is going to be "none taken." ;)

Rudy, appreciate the offer but it probably won't happen. My comment was tongue firmly planted in cheek. I've already got two rides in RV-7s so a Cirrus ride can't be too far off in the future. I meet more pilots all the time. I've given lots of rides in my lowly Cherokee and people seem to enjoy it. ;)

But before you say it....my answer is going to be "none taken." ;)

Haha - I'm going to regret that...

Owners of used planes need to buy parts, and for that reason they need the manufacturer to stay in business. So, as the owner of an older Cirrus, I'm really happy the company is still making planes. Anything they can do to stay in business is good for me.

Otherwise, I don't care about the new model, for the same reason as many other posters -- a factory-new plane is way beyond my price range.

Ok you guys made me dig up my high school doodles - proof that I did and do still have much love for the 'lowly' Cherokee 140! (it may have been a 180). This was circa 1995.

Sorry for the bad artwork - I was no artist and probably worse now!
img_5423-jpg.51292

Attachments

• IMG_5423.jpg
    IMG_5423.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 121
Ok you guys made me dig up my high school doodles - proof that I did and do still have much love for the 'lowly' Cherokee 140! (it may have been a 180). This was circa 1995.

Sorry for the bad artwork - I was no artist and probably worse now!
img_5423-jpg.51292

You said you're not a good artist. How do we know that's not a Cirrus?

I hope you drew a Cessna, Bonanza, Mooney, and everything else. Otherwise it's just not credible and it's all hearsay. :rolleyes:

Oh the hurt ego!

Don't sell yourself short. Back in 1995 was there even an AOA available to be seen on your doodle? It's not like you're Kreskin.

Don't sell yourself short. Back in 1995 was there even an AOA available to be seen on your doodle? It's not like you're Kreskin.

Yes but I do believe strobes were available, just sayin'

Yeah and where is the pitot tube @RudyP ? Pfft No way that pilot would make it in a base to final with no AOA and no pitot!

Actually I think that's quite good. My airplane drawings look like a second grader drew them

Taking delivery of ours in the AM tomorrow. I enjoyed reading this.
I did get a chance to play on the Perspective+ bench trainer today and is very impressive.

I did get a chance to play on the Perspective+ bench trainer today and is very impressive.

Would love to see some pics of the new bird!

So cool!!!! Report in when you can!!!

Back