Christmas Dinner

RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
Merry Christmas to all of my POA friends!

What’s on the menu for Christmas dinner today?

Merry Christmas to all of my POA friends!

What’s on the menu for Christmas dinner today?

Merry Christmas Ryan! Going over to son and then daughters, so we'll be mooching off them today. Unless someone wants to fly this afternoon as I made myself available on the schedule.

Had it on the 23rd (just got back to TX from a well overdue visit to my parent's place).

Ham, turkey (breast), green bean casserole, stuffing, asparagus, 10lb of mashed potatoes, an entire pot of gravy, 3 pies... Great stuff.

Still couldn't resist getting some stick time!
vFcE7r6_d.jpg

• I screwed up. Thought I was buying a small turkey because it said "fresh turkey" on the thing. Opened it up yesterday to brine and make stock from giblets and found it is only a turkey breast. Well I wasn't about to go back to the zoo that's was the grocery store late yesterday. So I cut off a couple chunks of meat to make stock and brined the breast. We will be having white meat with "giblet" (chopped up white meat) gravy.
At least I have plenty of cranberry orange relish.

I don't know how I bulleted the first paragraph but I didn't not know how to get rid of it. This day is not going well so far.

• I screwed up. Thought I was buying a small turkey because it said "fresh turkey" on the thing. Opened it up yesterday to brine and make stock from giblets and found it is only a turkey breast. Well I wasn't about to go back to the zoo that's was the grocery store late yesterday. So I cut off a couple chunks of meat to make stock and brined the breast. We will be having white meat with "giblet" (chopped up white meat) gravy.
At least I have plenty of cranberry orange relish.

I don't know how I bulleted the first paragraph but I didn't not know how to get rid of it. This day is not going well so far.

Click edit and delete the bullet! Easy as buying a turkey, Oh wait....;)

Had a big Christmas Eve dinner yesterday.

8 pounds of prime rib with caramalized onions
Asparagus with holandaise sauce
Creamed spinach
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Anti pasta
Assorted cheese and crackers
Lots of red wine

We have turkey breast going into the oven, dressing, gravy, candied sweet taters, broccoli cheese casserole, some kind of bread . . . . Sweet tater and pumpkin pies. Yuuummmm! Inlaws are all here (5 folks), neighbors coming over to help eat when it's done are bringing deviled eggs. More yum!

Merry Christmas, ya'll!! :cheerswine:

We WOGs are going to have a splash out for a Chinese and then get home to watch the Doctor.

Had Christmas Eve dinner yesterday of Prime Rib, fried potatoes, peppers and onion relish, broccoli, and Riesling. That was good.

Today, it'll be Christmas morning breakfast, then over to my mom's house to clean up the mess after some jerk broke in a few days ago. I guess the Christmas meal with the extended family will be whatever's open (Popeye's Chicken?) and a work party to get my mom's house back in order.

Click edit and delete the bullet! Easy as buying a turkey, Oh wait....;)

Yeah no that's not working for some reason. I might have to go to an actual computer instead of this iThing.

Smoked spiral glazed ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, salad, dinner rolls.

It smells good here!

Going to take some sliced brisket over to Dad's for his and my lunch. No telling what the kids and wife will end up with, as we didn't plan anything this year. If they manage to wander into the garage and open the freezer there, they might find a couple of pounds of boiled shrimp.....Littlest sister, who is Dad's primary caregiver, and her hubby are headed to his brother's ranch for lunch.

Taco bar. Each guest brings a component.

Had Christmas Eve dinner yesterday of Prime Rib, fried potatoes, peppers and onion relish, broccoli, and Riesling. That was good.

Today, it'll be Christmas morning breakfast, then over to my mom's house to clean up the mess after some jerk broke in a few days ago. I guess the Christmas meal with the extended family will be whatever's open (Popeye's Chicken?) and a work party to get my mom's house back in order.
I’m sorry to hear that. Hope you can spend some well deserved time with family and not let that ruin your day. Merry Christmas!

Fought the good fight at the Grocery yesterday to pick up the meat and cheese plate, roast beef, ham, turkey, Swiss, American, Cheddar for the kids, grandkids and I. Big deal is Thanksgiving, Christmas is low key after the entire family (3 Brothers and 1 Sister and everybody’s kids and grandkids) at my Sister’s house Christmas Eve.

Cheers

Beef rib roast for us.

Us too. When I was a kid,my father insisted on turkey. Now that I live in the south, we bounced around between turkey and ham before settling on the rib roast. I'm in charge of the roast,and I cook potatoes and carrots in the pan with it. My wife is making a sweet potato casserole that would make a decent dessert. My brother in law is bringing a green bean casserole and a chocolate meringue pie.

Had a big Christmas Eve dinner yesterday.

8 pounds of prime rib with caramalized onions
Asparagus with holandaise sauce
Creamed spinach
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Anti pasta
Assorted cheese and crackers
Lots of red wine

You'll be overgross on your next flight! :fingerwag:

We are doing the traditional turkey, sprouts, sweet potato, mince tart thing, accompanied by too much booze to admit to. It's beautiful crystal clear air outside, but 0 F, so I'm stayin' inside today.

Last edited:
Us too. When I was a kid,my father insisted on turkey. Now that I live in the south, we bounced around between turkey and ham before settling on the rib roast. I'm in charge of the roast,and I cook potatoes and carrots in the pan with it. My wife is making a sweet potato casserole that would make a decent dessert. My brother in law is bringing a green bean casserole and a chocolate meringue pie.

Too much turkey too close together for Thanksgiving and Christmas. We seemed to usually have ham when I was a kid.

Turkey, gravy, rice, sweet potato casserole, green beans, cranberry sauce, rolls, apple pie. And a looong nap afterward.

On Wednesday (Christmas is when Mom's home, sorry baby Jesus), somewhat limited by the mountain house, it was sous vide tenderloin, roasted red potatoes, spicy green beans with cherry tomatoes, Oreo cheesecake. Tom & Jerry's before and after, big Cab with.

Although Mom has not been called out today, and the kids and I land at 5, so we might get a bonus dinner!

Edit: Yep, round two: Turkey breast, mashed potatoes, roasted beet salad, peas, dressing, apple pie <burp!>

Last edited:
As for us, we’ll have enough food to feed an army.

Turkey in the oven
Sweet potato casserole
Mashed potatoes & Gravy
Pasta salad
Green Bean Casserole
Butter Noodles
Meatloaf
Cranberry Jello
Apple and Pumpkin Pie

..and of course the horderves.

T-30 minutes until dinner time.

Last edited:
Oh man. My son-in-law can cook! Smoked turkey, ham, sweet potato casserole, mac-n-cheese, and a few other veggies at daughter's house. Yum yum! Red wine too.

Last edited:
Crock pot ribs, Ham in the oven, proper fixin's, and Pie for dessert, if you have room for it. :D

Shrimp, whole crab, salmon, muscles, halibut in a Brazilian fish stew and crab cakes ALL caught fresh within a few miles of the dinner table.

...and deviled eggs.

Ooooohhhhh....... Turkey-induced coma. Flopped in the recliner, “Miracle on 34th” on the tube, unconsciousness coming shortly. Pie will have to wait for later.

Shrimp, whole crab, salmon, muscles, halibut in a Brazilian fish stew and crab cakes ALL caught fresh within a few miles of the dinner table.

...and deviled eggs.
I thought crab cake season didn’t start until January.

6 pound rib roast ( I share it, but I out eat everyone at the table)

red potatoes

rolls

asparagus

green bean casserole

decent bottle of wine

pecan pie with whipped cream for dessert

Clam chowder,turkey,Ham and all the fixings.

Back