Choc Chip Cookies: Chewy, Fluffy or Thin (crispy)?

How do you like your chocolate chip cookies?

• Thin (crispy), no nuts

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Chewy, no nuts

Votes: 37 58.7%
  • Fluffy (cake-like), no nuts

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Thin with nuts

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Chewy with nuts

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • Fluffy with nuts

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Don't like chocolate chip cookies.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

asicer

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
asicer
Got to wondering while bored wandering the bake sale section of a local fundraiser.

Which do you prefer?

I'm not the biggest fan of DoubleTree hotels, but their chocolate chip cookies are always fantastic. Chewy and hot.

Depends on my mood. If soft, they should be warm and gooey. Otherwise there are few things on earth better than crispy cookies with a glass of milk. Mmmmmmmm!

Warm and chewy. And BIG, with lots of chocolate chips.

Flavor is more important than texture. I want to taste the chocolate and the cookie, not sugar. Lots of cheewy cookies are too surgary. My wife makes my favorite versions using the standard toll-house recipe, but she doesn't bake them as often as I wish.

Almost bordering on beginning to burn. It brings out the maximum intensity of chocolate as well as nuttiness of the nuts. But hubby likes them chewy so I always have to bake the batch in two ways.

What are those cookies, sold in pairs, cello packaging, at gas station? And some airport vending machines? Ugh, they have a chemically-smell and a sodium-something aftertaste. Bad. Bad.

What are those cookies, sold in pairs, cello packaging, at gas station? And some airport vending machines? Ugh, they have a chemically-smell and a sodium-something aftertaste. Bad. Bad.

The large, chewy ones are often "Grandma's," but there are zillions of local brands.

I like the flat chewy kind like they have in bakeries. Cook's Illustrated has a recipe for making them at home that works well. Don't bother with the Good Eats ones.

The only downside to the ones in our local grocers bakery is that they put soy in them to make them chewy and thin. I'll still eat them sometimes and sometimes they use a different recipe without the soy, but you have to read the tag.

I love gooy and hot. I will take the cookies out of the oven while their still goo. Not solid but soft, I mean Goo! They'll cook just enough on the counter to be able to pick them up.

My college roommates loved whenever I had a cookie craving.

Gotta be just a little bit crispy. The problem with really soft ones is that they fall apart in milk, and no chocolate ship cookie should be consumed without dipping in milk. A crispy cookie becomes a delectable soft morsel when it is submerged in a tall glass of cow juice.

I don't care for nuts in a classic chocolate chip cookie. White chocolate chip with macadamia nuts is a different story, however.

Last edited:
^^^^ damned right!

I'm just waiting for the poor SOB that votes "Don't like chocolate chip cookies."

My mom's chocolate chip cookies were always flat and crunchy (often slightly burned on the bottom too)....but nothing, absolutley nothing, can top mom's cookies.

Second choice, though, I'm with many others, warm and gooey.

Oatmeal raisin cookies. Much better than those chocolate chip wrapped in sugar-n-fat things.

The way I look at it is if you're going to be bad, you might as well be very bad.
While your philosophy may have merits from a hedonistic perspective perhaps another point of view should be examined. For instance consider a driver exceeding a speed limit and serial killer such as Ted Bundy. Now both are bad. I believe that as a society most of us consider Ted Bundy to be very bad while the speeder while still bad is at a much lesser position of badness. Now which would you rather be?

I think it has been aptly illustrated here that an over-arching philosophy of choosing very bad as opposed to bad is in fact a bad decision. Thank you for your time. HTH and HAND.

While your philosophy may have merits from a hedonistic perspective perhaps another point of view should be examined. For instance consider a driver exceeding a speed limit and serial killer such as Ted Bundy. Now both are bad. I believe that as a society most of us consider Ted Bundy to be very bad while the speeder while still bad is at a much lesser position of badness. Now which would you rather be?

I think it has been aptly illustrated here that an over-arching philosophy of choosing very bad as opposed to bad is in fact a bad decision. Thank you for your time. HTH and HAND.

Well, there is the speeding driver, the serial killer, and then there is...

LL...

Back