Caught On Video

A Russian Tu-204 belonging to Russian airline Red Wings crashed sending debris on to adjacent highway and caught on dash cam of car.

Last edited:
That's odd, I can get this video to play on my iPhone with Tapatalk but it won't play on my desktop.
I keep getting the response that embedding has been disabled.

Oh well, here's the link in case anyone else is having the same problem.
http://youtu.be/u5dgpGiwsmE

When that happens (the user who uploaded the video disabled embedding), you should get a link to watch it on YouTube (which opens it directly on YouTube). Just click that link. Here's what I see with the video above.

attachment.php

Attachments

• ScreenShot352.png
    ScreenShot352.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 376
This next video does not have any crashes, stunts or anything remotely spectacular, what it does have is
a video of a plane landing at Meigs Field in Chicago before the Mayor tore up the runways.
That to me captures the essence of "Caught On Video" because I'm sure we already have young pilots that
have never heard or seen Meigs Field and what it represented to the aviation community.

Meigs....... A PERFECT example of government out of control..:mad:

Meigs....... A PERFECT example of government out of control..:mad:
:yeahthat: I've always kinda felt the urge to fly up there and set down, just to say I have landed there. And fly through the Arch. I'd probably need to remove the n-number first tho...

Found another link for it, since the Youtube one doesn't work anymore.

What is even weirder than the incident itself is the ludicrous story the pilot (a CA realtor) distributed through a PR person afterwards. Something about Al Quaeda and homeland security and CGI. The guy flying the L39 in the video became rather well known in the wrong way for buzzing the Santa Monica pier and more recently for (allegedly) flying passengers in an EXP for hire. That video has so many levels of fail in it, its not even funny.

No video, just a photo, the bottom of a loop at an airshow in Harrison AR.

miglow.jpg

Did they manage to keep it airborne and land?

Yep, he flew right out of it. Scraped up the nozzle a bit is all. The ANG guy who did the A-10 routine was better though, second best A-10 demo I saw, the only one better was the live fire one.

The guy had to have crapped in his shorts..:hairraise::yikes::eek:

I doubt it, stuff like that isn't scary from the pilot's seat, it's generally very calm and focused. The people who get scared disconnect and don't survive.

I doubt it, stuff like that isn't scary from the pilot's seat, it's generally very calm and focused. The people who get scared disconnect and don't survive.

Well, he did meet his demise a few years later...also in a Mig. Not sure he was doing stupid human tricks at the time, like he was in Harrison, as he was lost at sea, but a Mig got him.

Last edited:
Well, he did meet his demise a few years later...also in a Mig. Not sure he was doing stupid human tricks at the time, like he was in Harrison, as he was lost at sea, but a Mig got him.

He wasn't flying a 'stupid tricks' routine, it was pretty sedate IMO, I just don't think he was particularly competent or bright.

Sorry, Henning, but kissing the ground is a stupid human trick. That was what I was referring to.

I consider it more of incompetence, the dude in the A-10 did Cuban eights tighter to the deck and never tagged up....:dunno:

Pilot shot in Florida while flying over fireworks on New Years Eve with his girlfriend in a Cessna 172. The red stick through the side window into the ceiling shows the bullet's trajectory.

Pilot shot in Florida while flying over fireworks on New Years Eve with his girlfriend in a Cessna 172. The red stick through the side window into the ceiling shows the bullet's trajectory.

A close shave, for sure... :eek:
I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often... urban idiots shooting into the air from rooftops, often in very busy terminal areas.
And not just on holidays...several years ago, just a block away from my home, less than 2 miles from KEWR tower, well within the middle tier of the Bravo and along a low-level approach route for helicopters using that airport, some kid got himself killed on his motorcycle. By sunset, a group of friends had gathered to light candles, etc and basically party. Naturally, there was plenty of reckless bike and car hooning, right in the middle of a busy state highway, and predictably, some chuckleheads eventually started discharging pistols into the air. I called the cops at that point, mostly out of concern that a round my come through my 4th floor window, but also because they could have easily struck an aircraft. It's not just the choppers, either- a lot of the smaller planes come right over that spot when making right base for 22L/R or right downwind for 29.

"Shooting into the air is danderous for pilots."

Last edited:
Back