Caught On Video

Not a problem... Just a CAP training mission... Give them about 10 months and the "incident" will disappear from the records.:yesnod::idea::wink2::wink2:

Move along... nothing to see here..:no::no:

Caught on audio is good, too. Here's the colorful conversation and topics some pilots have while flying. Stuck mike for about 8 1/2 minutes on BOS center freq 4 days ago (forward to 3:00 into the feed; runs til about 11:20). At 9:40, the pilot remarks how "it's been f*****' quiet on this frequency, like nothing's going on up here". :)

Attachments

• ZBW-ZNY-ZDC-JFK-Mar-26-2012-1530Z.mp3
    3.6 MB · Views: 117
I had a stuck mic once for a minute or two without realizing it. It's been SOP for me to make sure the little transmit light goes off when I let go of the PTT switch ever since. Easy way to avoid embarrassment. ;)

A-6 Intruder experiences a partial ejection of the B/N. Lands back aboard with the B/N sitting on top of the aircraft and his chute can be seen wrapped around the empennage!

Lt Gallagher's story is here...

http://www.gallagher.com/ejection_seat/
Yikes. Reminds me of an incident during a recurrency jump I had. After exiting the aircraft and my count to four, I felt my chute open so began to check my canopy and gain control, only to see my reserve had somehow deployed into another paratrooper's main lift web. We see-sawed our way down slipping away as best we could. It was the longest 800 feet I have ever desended. Fortunately, neither of us were seriously hurt, but we both landed pretty hard.

Do you mean as they taxied back to the runway? Does the phrase "Go around" not exist in their vocabulary?

Mooney drivers, they're cheap on everything including thought, that's why they buy Mooneys. Dude was still over the tops of the trees crossing the threshold and he was doing the "carry extra speed for crosswinds & gusts" thing when it it's not necessary if you're dropping into a deep slot in the trees to land.

So you invite your buddy along to sit in the back and he records and uploads your gear down mistake to the internet.
With friends like this, who needs enemas?:dunno:[/QUOTE]

Ummmmmmm Here you see the advantages of the "sterile cockpit" concept. If he hadn't ben talking he might have noticed the BEEPING of the landing gear warning!!!!

Ummmmmmm Here you see the advantages of the "sterile cockpit" concept. If he hadn't ben talking he might have noticed the BEEPING of the landing gear warning!!!!

Again, I don't think so, the entire thing is too purposeful and at the end he he even gives the plane a pat.

To me, that looks more like a "I can't believe I did that" PAT

Having applied both types of pats on many dash boards in my life, I'd say that's a "thanks, sorry". "I can't believe I just f-ing did that!" is invariably represented by a pounding fist.:D

Back