Caught On Video

I've always liked that collection you put together.

You know that if you create a YouTube channel and load all those aviation-related videos in there, you'll get lots of hits, offers from YouTube for them to host advertising at the beginning of your videos, and the commission checks will start rolling in, right? And it won't use YOUR bandwidth...

See here for one of several guides.

I think you have to own the rights to the videos though.

Here's one of my faves....make sure to watch (or at least skim) past the evacuations for the surprise ending.

Here's the NTSB report.

Last edited:
Here's one of my faves....make sure to watch (or at least skim) past the evacuations for the surprise ending.

How to end a budding career in Corporate Aviation... Darn! You make one lousy landing and its like... A federal Crime or something...Geez! :incazzato:

I think the plane was trying to get away from its owner, like an abused puppy...:D

The aircraft was subsequently replaced by one with the registration OY-WET.

The aircraft was subsequently replaced by one with the registration OY-WET.

And.... During the fight with the insurance company to pay the claim the owner had to hire the prestigious law firm of " Dewey, Cheatum and Howe to get a settlement from the Insurance carrier... The inhouse lawyer who handled his case was Herb Fienstien,,, who made so much money on the case he went out and bought a jet of his own. That Registration was Oy- VEY.

:wink2::D

And.... During the fight with the insurance company to pay the claim the owner had to hire the prestigious law firm of " Dewey, Cheatum and Howe to get a settlement from the Insurance carrier... The inhouse lawyer who handled his case was Herb Fienstien,,, who made so much money on the case he went out and bought a jet of his own. That Registration was Oy- VEY.

:wink2::D

Ah, no that was the actual story. Weibel equipment corp replaced the Citation II that went into the drink with a bigger one:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Cessna-680-Citation/1862929/M/&sid=8d890d8cef8488be9dee4afb739ceeae

Oh the wonders of insurance.

Never flown on floats, but I was not surprised by this one... it's like any land-based "optimistic" approach to taking off.
Just because you can horse it off the water before it's on the step, that doesn't mean you should. Halfway through the takeoff run, you can see it's just not going to work out. :nonod:

Last edited:
Never flown on floats, but I was not surprised by this one... it's like any land-based "optimistic" approach to taking off.
Just because you can horse it off the water before it's on the step, that doesn't mean you should. Halfway through the takeoff run, you can see it's just not going to work out. :nonod:

I'm not a ASES pilot but at the end of the video there appears to be plenty of water left for the takeoff run if he would have gone just a tad to the right.

I'm not a ASES pilot but at the end of the video there appears to be plenty of water left for the takeoff run if he would have gone just a tad to the right.

Uhhhh... yeah, there is a little more water there. :D Kinda looks like the wind was blowing from over there, too.

Here's another Caught On Video that is in Spanish but the long and short of it is that these two pilots were flying around
with two girls in the back and their propeller came off.
They made an uneventful landing on a road and thus a happy ending.
What does kind of amaze me is the fact that none of the cars passing by seem to stop for the airplane that has just landed on the road.
Is this such a common occurance in Mexico that no one stops to see what happened? :dunno:

Here's another Caught On Video that is in Spanish but the long and short of it is that these two pilots were flying around
with two girls in the back and their propeller came off.
They made an uneventful landing on a road and thus a happy ending.
What does kind of amaze me is the fact that none of the cars passing by seem to stop for the airplane that has just landed on the road.
Is this such a common occurance in Mexico that no one stops to see what happened? :dunno:

Actually, it's supposedly an instructional flight. The instructor is in the right seat.

I commented on this in the backcountrypilots website........

The more I look at the video the more i think it is staged.....

Here is my posting over there....
---------------------------------------------------------------------

The more I look at the pics between 3:55 and 4:10 the whole thing looks rigged.... In every case I have seen a prop come loose in a tractor set up and the prop leaves the plane while under power it "pulls" away from the plane and dissappears into the wild blue yonder. In a pusher set up it will try to eat into the rear of the fuselage and then depart the area.... This plane looks like it had some sort of ground damage, and then they removed the prop and staged the scene.... Several things strike me as odd...
1- During the video while the motor was driving the plane I see no signs of any vibration, in the panel, or side windows or any where else. If the prop bolts were coming loose it would pick up a shake and then a severe vibration just before the prop got spit off... Also... at 4:06 if you freeze the video you can clearly see the crank flange is still there and the drive lugs are visable too... I don't recall but in this airframe it looks like a 4 -5" prop spacer would have been needed as most planes have the crank flange about even with the front of the cowling,, not recessed back like that one.... Please correct me if I am wrong about that.....

Ben..

And this is another comment I made.....................
---------------------------------------------------------------------

by Stol » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:29 pm
Is it just me or did he finally shut off the motor at 3:14 into the video and a minute of so after the "safe "landing.?

I believe emergency procedure is . master OFF..... Fuel OFF.... Doors open and ajar..... Tighten the crap out of the seat belts too.
icon_confused.gif
icon_arrow.gif

Oh yeah... this helps too..
eusa_pray.gif
eusa_pray.gif
eusa_pray.gif
eusa_pray.gif

Ben.

According to the PR reps sent out by the owner afterwards, this incident never happened but was created in CGI by Al Queada operatives who then tried to blackmail him. According to the owners story, 'homeland security' got involved, scooped up the evildoers and made them disappear without a trace. The funny thing is that there are people who will tell you this story while keeping a straight face.

oh btw. the jet in the video is owned by the guy who spent a couple of months in county jail for buzzing the Santa Monica pier.

I dont see it, but there may be a less cropped version of the video that does.

Just watch it to the end... when the camera man pans up to show the open bifold door and the damage to the sheet metal (time mark 1:36-1:40)...

Last edited:
I dont see it, but there may be a less cropped version of the video that does.

In the video at 1:38 the camera pans up to show the point of contact where the chopper hit the underside of the hangar door...

Just watch it to the end... when the camera man pans up to show the open bifold door and the damage to the sheet metal (time mark 1:36-1:40)...

Ah, got it. I tried to figure it out from the crash itself.

David;

I don't speak French but at about 1:29 (just after the grinding/shuddering/scrapping stopped) I'll bet the right-seater said "put the gear switch in the down position"...meard!

Chris

If yours is the one I'm thinking of, it was from the tower, yes?

Handheld video camera from the tower with smart comments from the other controllers in the background 'the vodkaburner is ready to take off' and 'you are allowed to take off now' (upon reaching 90% of the runway length with the nosewheel still on the concrete).

Using all available runway in a cargo 707 (acceleration seems slow!):

You can kind of hear the "V1" call at 2:24 and "Rotate" at 2:27... Looks like only ~2500ft of runway left at V1, which makes me wonder how they'd really have fared with a failure just prior to or just after V1.

You can kind of hear the "V1" call at 2:24 and "Rotate" at 2:27... Looks like only ~2500ft of runway left at V1, which makes me wonder how they'd really have fared with a failure just prior to or just after V1.

Prior to, they're hosed... after they're going flying... maybe. :)

Back