How do you like your burgers?

• Total voters
The poll is inconclusive. One choice was left out.

Smoked. It takes a few hours, but the wait is worth it.

And don't forget the pickles, it is sort of a big dill....

The poll is inconclusive. One choice was left out.

Smoked. It takes a few hours, but the wait is worth it.

And don't forget the pickles, it is sort of a big dill....

It never would have occurred to me to smoke a burger. And yes, I completely forgot the pickles.

Next time you fly into Kissimmee, take a car into town. There’s a place on Main Street that does a killer burger. By that I mean you have to sign a liability waiver and they have an EMT with a defibrillator on standby.

Half pound of grilled beef topped with bbq sauce, bacon, cheddar, a large fried onion ring, and a scoop of coleslaw in the center of the onion ring. I added a little mayo.

Sadly, my doctor only allows me one per year....

I like hamburger without anything on them at times just to get the full taste of the meat if it's home-cooked. Generally I'll just put mayo, sometimes add onions and pickles. Not much of a tomato and lettuce guy on burgers. And always cheese if available.

Next time you fly into Kissimmee, take a car into town. There’s a place on Main Street that does a killer burger. By that I mean you have to sign a liability waiver and they have an EMT with a defibrillator on standby.

Half pound of grilled beef topped with bbq sauce, bacon, cheddar, a large fried onion ring, and a scoop of coleslaw in the center of the onion ring. I added a little mayo.

You need a different doctor.

Is it the heart attack grill? Think I’ve heard of that place. They have them in AZ.

Is it the heart attack grill? Think I’ve heard of that place. They have them in AZ.

No, it’s not a chain. Local place that has changed hands and names a time or two, and right now I can’t remember what it’s called. I stop in once in a while when I’m out on the motorcycle.

I read a story once, told by Lee Iacocca. Seems he was having a cookout for a bunch of Ford executives including Henry Ford. Henry had once remarked that the only place that made a decent hamburger was the company’s executive dining room, so Lee went to see the chef to learn his secret.

“It’s real simple,” said the chef. “Watch.” He then picked up a half pound filet mignon and tossed it into a meat grinder.

No, it’s not a chain. Local place that has changed hands and names a time or two, and right now I can’t remember what it’s called. I stop in once in a while when I’m out on the motorcycle.
Here’s the joint I was thinking about:
http://www.heartattackgrill.com

@mscard88 the ‘nurses’ look right up your alley! (Mine too)

They weren't exactly what a lot of folks would consider burgers, and things have changed a bit since back in the day, but after a night out on the town, it was hard to beat a sack of the old original belly bombers. Belch, burp, fart, heartburn......

Best burger I ever had was in Pimba Australia. The only building in the town is the truck stop and grill. After a week on the missile range, eating kangaroo, I stopped in to fuel up the truck and got a burger with lettuce, tomato, pickles, cheese, bacon, fried egg and there special sauce. I ate it standing up and let the juices fall in the dirt parking lot. I washed off with the hose on the side of the building and had a good long drink. I've probably built up immunity to just about every disease out there.

Best burger I ever had was in Pimba Australia. The only building in the town is the truck stop and grill. After a week on the missile range, eating kangaroo, I stopped in to fuel up the truck and got a burger with lettuce, tomato, pickles, cheese, bacon, fried egg and there special sauce. I ate it standing up and let the juices fall in the dirt parking lot. I washed off with the hose on the side of the building and had a good long drink. I've probably built up immunity to just about every disease out there.
Is this a situational “best burger”?

The best beer I’ve ever had was definitely situational. OTOH the best p...errrr, umm, anyway, it was good.:D

After eating kangaroo, any burger tastes great. Yeah, I've had a bite of the overgrown rat. Or two.

It never would have occurred to me to smoke a burger. And yes, I completely forgot the pickles.

Try it sometime. I smoked them at 165 degrees for two hours and probably will add about 15 more minutes next time. I made 1/4 pound patties about a half inch thick. Plus the last 5 minutes I put cheese on. The cheese melted into the meat but did not melt and run off the sides like on a flame. All I had was apple pellets and that added a sort of soft sweet taste to the meat.

Edit: forgot to mention put the patties on aluminum foil so they don't fall through the grate

Last edited:
I tried In and Out on our recent cross country adventure. It was a good burger... but we also tried Habit Burger and that was a better burger IMO.

Best way at home is Riley's all purpose seasoning on a charcoal grill but if it's just the two of us I'm lazy and use propane which is nearly as good and much less time/effort.

When visiting Australia, I was asked if I wanted my burger with “the works”. Said yes.

Surprised the eff out of me when it came with an over easy fried egg and candied beet root.

And actually it was pretty damn good.

At least they didn't put Vegemite on it. Vile stuff.

Never had an In-n-Out burger.

Had my first last November in Napa. Not bad at all.

McDonald's, Carl's and Burger King now have a presence in Vietnam. It's "mostly" the same, except for the Australian beef and local lettuce greens which isn't quite iceberg. And no Carl's doesn't do lettuce wrap like they do here.

McDonald's, Carl's and Burger King now have a presence in Vietnam. It's "mostly" the same, except for the Australian beef and local lettuce greens which isn't quite iceberg. And no Carl's doesn't do lettuce wrap like they do here.

McDonalds in the Philippines serves rice. My wife was really surprised that McDs here doesn't serve rice. Did I mention she likes rice.??

McDonalds in the Philippines serves rice. My wife was really surprised that McDs here doesn't serve rice. Did I mention she likes rice.??

Yes, I think that subject has come up before.

If they were smart, they would develop some thick, rigid rice noodle roughly the size of a french fry and deep fry it. And serve it with chili sauce instead of ketchup.

I'm sure it was a situational best burger in Pimba and I did forget that it had beets on it also.

Back