How do you like your burgers?

• Total voters
Your poll is flawed. The answer should be "yes".

A good burger is one of the best damn things on the whole planet.

Grilled, charcoal preferred, propane ok too. With big buns.

With bacon, cheese, grilled onions, lettuce, tomato, mayo and mustard.

No ketchup. That would be gay.

And you’re missing steamed, like White Castle

I’ll take it over charcoal if it’s cooked right. A lot of times people tend to use too high of heat and end up charring it. That I don’t like, so I went with it being cooked on a griddle.

Are you feeling okay, @Sac Arrow? I see a pack of carbohydrates on the counter, in the form of white burger buns.

How do you like your burgers?View attachment 62699

Those burgers are suspiciously round and uniformly sized. I detect commercially-prepared patties! Hand-pattied are much better. I've been experimenting recently with stuffed burgers, where each ine requires two thin patties that are pressed together around the edges to capture the stuffings, whuch so far all include grated cheese . . . :drool:

...I've been experimenting recently with stuffed burgers, where each ine requires two thin patties that are pressed together around the edges to capture the stuffings, whuch so far all include grated cheese . . . :drool:

Aha! The burger equivalent of a jelly donut. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

When visiting Australia, I was asked if I wanted my burger with “the works”. Said yes.

Surprised the eff out of me when it came with an over easy fried egg and candied beet root.

And actually it was pretty damn good.

Those burgers are suspiciously round and uniformly sized. I detect commercially-prepared patties! Hand-pattied are much better. I've been experimenting recently with stuffed burgers, where each ine requires two thin patties that are pressed together around the edges to capture the stuffings, whuch so far all include grated cheese . . . :drool:

Well the grocery store has a burger forming machine that they can automatically feed the burger in to for burgers. It is exactly the same burger you can buy in bulk but it is already allocated and formed. Win win.

As I type this "Charcoal" is at 8 votes, more than all the others added together.
I thought civilization had advanced a bit more than that. Charcoal? CHARCOAL! :yikes:

These would be the same purist pilots that would have us all flying wood and linen, wire-braced biplanes I imagine...:fingerwag:

As I type this "Charcoal" is at 8 votes, more than all the others added together.
I thought civilization had advanced a bit more than that. Charcoal? CHARCOAL! :yikes:

These would be the same purist pilots that would have us all flying wood and linen, wire-braced biplanes I imagine...:fingerwag:

Just so you know, aforesaid burgers were grilled with charcoal.

Charcoal or open flame for me. Amazing the number of burger joints around here that cook burgers on a griddle. What the heck are they thinking?

Charcoal, with some wood chips for smoke flavor. Seasoned ground chuck, cooked medium rare to medium, no further. Sautéed onions, mushrooms, or jalapeños, avocado, fried egg, all make great accompaniment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any of the grilled methods, but fried in a cast iron pan and only a cast iron pan is good too.

Nothing beats the old flat-top grill, if done right. From cheese steaks to cheese burgers, to steamed asparagus, a flat-top does it all best. But, only in the right hands!

Agreed. I could click on almost all of them. As a matter of fact, due to this thread, I may have to have a burger tomorrow. :D

Charcoal or open flame for me. Amazing the number of burger joints around here that cook burgers on a griddle. What the heck are they thinking?

Open flame let’s all the juices from the burger out of the burger and into the fire. A flattop with proper seer keeps the juices in for a much better flavor. I’ve can say i have cooked hundreds of thousands of burgers (literally) and this is the best way. Charcoal is for people that don’t like the taste of there meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Do you put ketchup on your burgers?

I certainly don't put mustard n my burger. Of course I put kretchup on my burger. Hot dog I put mustard,sometimes with both mustard and ketchup, oh the horror, sometimes with ketchup only.

I certainly don't put mustard n my burger. Of course I put kretchup on my burger. Hot dog I put mustard,sometimes with both mustard and ketchup, oh the horror, sometimes with ketchup only.

So did you like Johnny Weir’s outfit at the derby yesterday?

So did you like Johnny Weir’s outfit at the derby yesterday?

One, don't know who this is, two I wasn't there. :rolleyes:

OH, forgot to add. I also put mayonnaise or Miracle Whip on my burger too. ;)

Last edited:
I lived in California for a number of years and although I'd tag along to an In-n-Out with others going to lunch, they weren't my first pick. I preferred Five Guys if going to a chain burger place.

We had a great local bar and grill called St. John's in Sunnyvale that was my #1 place for a burger. If you're ever in the Sunnyvale area, give them a try.

But nothing beats a homemade burger on the grill!

Back