Bo down Half Moon Bay

HAHA ok sorry. I have had numerous people joke that maybe I turned myself in so just to be sure.
I don't want people to think I would do such a thing.

Also I can be thick headed and often miss the joke.

Thanks for the clarificat

Once again living proof that the two most common things in the universe are hydrogen (proven by science and math) and human stupidity proven daily by people like this idiot!

Couple of simple thoughts that can help us stay out of trouble:
1-Take off is always optional but return to earth is mandatory unless you can achieve an escape vector!

2-Before doing something in aviation ask:
a-is it legal
b-does it make sense
c-is it smart
Stop at the first sign of doubt!

3-If I am reported to the FAA, or another authority, are they most likely to:
a-give me an award
b-ask why I thought doing this was a good idea
c-prosecute me

4-Your interpretation of the law is opinion but the FAA and other authorities are fact. And if you are accused of violating 100 laws but found guilty of violating only 1 YOU ARE STILL GUILTY!

Jon

Once again living proof that the two most common things in the universe are hydrogen (proven by science and math) and human stupidity proven daily by people like this idiot!

Couple of simple thoughts that can help us stay out of trouble:
1-Take off is always optional but return to earth is mandatory unless you can achieve an escape vector!

2-Before doing something in aviation ask:
a-is it legal
b-does it make sense
c-is it smart
Stop at the first sign of doubt!

3-If I am reported to the FAA, or another authority, are they most likely to:
a-give me an award
b-ask why I thought doing this was a good idea
c-prosecute me

4-Your interpretation of the law is opinion but the FAA and other authorities are fact. And if you are accused of violating 100 laws but found guilty of violating only 1 YOU ARE STILL GUILTY!

Jon
I was tempted to cite the "newspaper test" (see * below) in place of your checklist above, but in view of how it could work the opposite way for someone given to marketing their outlandish lifestyle and fake news, I didn't.

* Newspaper test: When making aviation decisions ask how you will look in the headlines the next day if anything goes wrong, your own fault or otherwise.

And class c starts at 1200 over my airport. Also, 5000 should never be used to break in a new engine with any density altitude the percent hp is way to low for a new engine.

Dang! I'll NEVER be able to break in a new engine then :eek::confused: DA around here is never below 5000 unless it's January:(

Just watched Matt’s interview of the pilot.

I seriously hate to speculate, but there definitely might be something to the idea where he says he wasn’t sure that all of the sediment was siphoned out.

I watched Matt's video, too. I'd like to think if I'd dumped 5 cupfuls of crappy sediment out of my sumps, I'd be towing to the maintenance hangar to have the tank flushed. Especially if I'd never seen a speck of junk before. At least I hope so. A good lesson to learn on someone else's nickel.

Glad everyone came out of it OK. Be safe out there.

Well, now he's apparently been banned from Federal lands for posting pictures of himself defecating in lakes. This guy is a piece of trash

https://www.tetongravity.com/story/news/federal-judge-bans-david-lesh-from-national-forest-land
^yes there's a picture.. no I won't post it here

"
A federal judge has banned Virtika founder and social media personality David Lesh from entering U.S. Forest Service lands following numerous flagrant rule violations that most recently included posting a picture of defecating in Colorado’s famous Maroon Lake. As of this past Friday, 35-year-old Lesh will no longer be allowed to enter any U.S. Forest Service lands for the foreseeable future. On top of the ban, Lesh will be prohibited from posting any content on social media of himself or anyone else violating state or federal laws on any federal lands under the jurisdiction of the court, including National Forests, National Monuments, Bureau of Land Management land and other federal property.

Over the past few years, Lesh has posted numerous images and videos of trespassing and defacing federally protected lands, including illegally riding a snowmobile at Keystone Ski Area and on Independence Pass and illegally swimming in Colorado’s Hanging Lake this summer. Those posts have led to ongoing court cases against him.
"

It does not appear to be a serious axis I diagnosis. Maybe a serious personality disorder.

He is playing with fire here. The Feds don’t generally mess around and Federal judges don’t like people who disobey their orders. I agree with the last attorney speaking in the New Yorker article - he may well end up doing prison time over a misdemeanor. He really won’t like that given his personality.

What every became of the Bo investigation?
It's on hold for awhile. I think they are going to wait and combine the case with that other youtube showoff that bailed out of his plane a few days ago.:devil: And Gryders Miracle in the Corn incident.

It's on hold for awhile. I think they are going to wait and combine the case with that other youtube showoff that bailed out of his plane a few days ago. And Gryders Miracle in the Corn incident.
Makes the whole "we think SteveO didn't use a checklist" thing look tame these days, doesn't it?

And Jerry out there just doing his Jerry thing...

Hahaha. YouTubers. (rolls eyes)

Sound like between sumping and all the flying he ran out of gas.

Sadly, there was plenty of smoke, but no one could prove there was a metaphoric fire.

Back